Color LCD:
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Display Connector:

LastRunWine is empty. I'm running the 4.1 version and everything runs smooth. No lag or anything from like the previous versions. The only thing that isn't working is my keys. The 'qwerty' '12345' and the rest of the key bindings. When I open up chat, the keys work fine. It's just the key binds for the game isn't.

There is no interesting thing in logs anyway, as wine specific crashes were fixed, and it only slow down the game if enabled. Anyway, you may try to disable mac driver in right click on path of exile > show contents > wineskin> advanced preferences > set screen option > use mac driver.

It will fallback to older graphic driver (x11 which was used in 3.8), and it may fix your problem, (but new one can arise)

That option is already checked in wineskin D: I'm getting like no error, bugs or any lag from the 4.1 version except the game keys aren't working :( If you want any logs or any other settings you need to help, let me know.

I know it is enabled, I wanted you to disable it and try again
"
krifFinn wrote:
"
Th3Bl1ndGamer wrote:
As a complete computer noob, my question is how do I know that my Mac has the "Radeon" thingy that is incompatible with 4.1?

Im currently running the 3,8 version on my MacbookPro 2010 13" on Snow Leopard

My biggest problem so far is spell effects, thats whats really screwing up my boss fights or very large group encounters

That "Radeon thingy" means Video Card/Graphics processing unit. Radeon is made by ATi (or AMD these days).

You can check your computer specifications in Top left corner (Apple) -> About this Mac -> More info.

I guess your Mac has an NVIDIA card so you should be able to use the newest wrapper. Well, try it anyway. See FAQ for moving Content.ggpk so you don't have to re-download the whole game file.

Ah I do have an NVIDIA :D, thanks I'll try upgrading to the newest wrapper

What performance/improvements should I expect to see? (from 3.8->4.1)

Ill try moving content, and let you know if I have any issues

Thanks!
OK Im utterly confused now, I downloaded 4.1 no prob

Problem is now I dont even know which PoE is the 3.8 and 4.1 so I just opened the one already in my apps and copied the PoE file following the instructions

Then I hit the 4.1 dmg and show package contents etc etc until im at the PoE folder found after GGG, then

IT WONT ALLOW ME TO PASTE ANYTHING

Help plx lol

Im trying to open the 4.1 dmg normally now by opening it and opening the PoE app in it, but its not opening now

I have zero idea of whats going on or what I am doing wrong
Last edited by Th3Bl1ndGamer on Jun 15, 2013, 7:08:30 AM
"
Th3Bl1ndGamer wrote:

Problem is now I dont even know which PoE is the 3.8 and 4.1 so I just opened the one already in my apps and copied the PoE file following the instructions

Then I hit the 4.1 dmg and show package contents etc etc until im at the PoE folder found after GGG, then

Help plx lol

Im trying to open the 4.1 dmg normally now by opening it and opening the PoE app in it, but its not opening now

Version

It wont let you paste you to anything that is inside DMG file

"
julus wrote:
"
Th3Bl1ndGamer wrote:

Help plx lol

Version

Ok so I know how to tell the difference now, but how do I copy and paste now? The instructions say to do so, but you just informed me that I cant paste anything inside the DMG file, which it is
"
Th3Bl1ndGamer wrote:
"
julus wrote:
"
Th3Bl1ndGamer wrote:

Help plx lol

Version

Ok so I know how to tell the difference now, but how do I copy and paste now? The instructions say to do so, but you just informed me that I cant paste anything inside the DMG file, which it is

Hmm, not much technical guy, are you? :)

Ok, lesson time:
DMG - Disc Image - basically same as ISO format, it is a container which can be read-write while creating and then is read only. Common used for installation container of most mac programs as it can be easily burned on DVD/CD.
Application (on mac) - Is executable directory (what a twist :) which contains everything needed for launching the app (that's why you often just need to throw it to recycler to uninstall. Also that is the reason, why OSX does not suffer from dependency hell as other Unix systems, and also why you dont need to install things like directx, vcredist like on windows.

In case of my wrappers, application directory sits in DMG format, So, How to write to application directory? First step would be move it outside of that DMG container. To make it writable (e.g. to application dir).

Making graphic "drag and drop to application folder" screen in DMG (like 3.8 and 4.0.x had) is time consuming and boring work, it will just save you few inches of mouse moving, because it is EXACTLY the same thing as grabbing the icon and dropping it to app directory on dock.

Note: The application does not have to be in APP directory to be launchable, it can sit on your desktop or documents folder as well, just make sure you copied it out from the DMG file.

"
Hmm, not much technical guy, are you? :)

Ok, lesson time:
DMG - Disc Image - basically same as ISO format, it is a container which can be read-write while creating and then is read only. Common used for installation container of most mac programs as it can be easily burned on DVD/CD.
Application (on mac) - Is executable directory (what a twist :) which contains everything needed for launching the app (that's why you often just need to throw it to recycler to uninstall. Also that is the reason, why OSX does not suffer from dependency hell as other Unix systems, and also why you dont need to install things like directx, vcredist like on windows.

In case of my wrappers, application directory sits in DMG format, So, How to write to application directory? First step would be move it outside of that DMG container. To make it writable (e.g. to application dir).

Making graphic "drag and drop to application folder" screen in DMG (like 3.8 and 4.0.x had) is time consuming and boring work, it will just save you few inches of mouse moving, because it is EXACTLY the same thing as grabbing the icon and dropping it to app directory on dock.

Note: The application does not have to be in APP directory to be launchable, it can sit on your desktop or documents folder as well, just make sure you copied it out from the DMG file.

Thanks for the explanation!!!

I got everything working on 4.1 :D
Which version works best for OSX 10.8.4?

Right now im running version 4.1. was just wondering if i would get better fram rates on one of the older versions.
My FPS tends to level out around 25-35 but theres always huge lag spikes that drop me down to 1 and on top of that the d-sync doesnt help my situation.

just looking for some suggestions.
Hey guys, been lurking this thread for a while which got me up and playing PoE on my Macbook pro, the only problem now is the incredible lag that I've been getting when encountering rare mobs/spells. The game runs pretty smoothly at ~40-50+ fps most of the time, but will completely freeze up every single gold or unique monster i come across. If I dont see a rare and accidentally pull it without letting the 4-5second screen freeze pass by, my hp will literally 100 to 0 without me even seeing it go down, i will just unfreeze dead, particularly frustrating in onslaught/HC.

Pretty sure it has something to do with my shit graphics card (Intel HD 3000 384 MB). Running an 2.3GHz intel core i5 13" 4GB RAM MBP mid 2011.

I understand that GGG haven't optimized the game yet (specifically Act 3 which is where I freeze the most) but it runs so well most of the time, the only thing keeping me back is this freeze time where I can't run/pot/attack etc. In game settings are below:

adapter_name=Intel(R) Sandybridge Mobile
antialias_mode=0
borderless_windowed_fullscreen=false
fullscreen=true
post_processing=false
resolution_height=778
resolution_width=1280
screen_shake=false
shadow_type=no_shadows
texture_filtering=1
texture_quality=4
vsync=true

Any ideas? Thanks,

Myth
I just had a quick technical question with the Mac client. I recently updated to v4.1 and the game runs smooth, no errors really. However, ever since then I'm unable to tab out. I'll still get the App bar in the middle of my screen but when I select something like Chrome or Spotify it essentially just freezes my POE screen and gives me the "File" bar on top.

Is this a common issue with the most recent Mac client and is there an easy fix? Any input would be great. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info