[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

Hello,

I'm stuck on Checking Resources on the load in screen. The problem has just started after my laptop ran out of battery, the game now wont load.

Has anyone got any advice for what might solve this?

Also has anyone got any simple tips for improving performance on the Mac, im running it on the worst resolution and without shadows... seems to be the only thing that allows me to play normally.

I'm using a retina display macbook pro. 250gig of storage with 170 free and 8gb of memory.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as i am truly dreadful with computers.
IGN: Starkkzz / Starkeyy
"
Starkey18 wrote:
Hello,

I'm stuck on Checking Resources on the load in screen. The problem has just started after my laptop ran out of battery, the game now wont load.

Has anyone got any advice for what might solve this?

Also has anyone got any simple tips for improving performance on the Mac, im running it on the worst resolution and without shadows... seems to be the only thing that allows me to play normally.

I'm using a retina display macbook pro. 250gig of storage with 170 free and 8gb of memory.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as i am truly dreadful with computers.

I'm going for a re-install.
IGN: Starkkzz / Starkeyy
Lately I've been experiencing some crashes whenever some kind of rare/unique mob is encountered for the first time. After the crash when I encounter it seems to work fine.
Just a quick note.
Im stilling running one of the earlier versions of the port and since the latest OSX update it runs like a charm.

The only FPS issues i still get is when a party member or myself use a skill for the first time that session, especially things like Lightning arrow with chain/fork. But the spike isnt longer than 1-2 seconds. Quite doable.

Running on 10.8.3 full screen.

If the new version increases the performance even more it will be fantastic, but the game is more than suitable now.

Just my 2 cents.
"
Azzal wrote:
Just a quick note.
Im stilling running one of the earlier versions of the port and since the latest OSX update it runs like a charm.

The only FPS issues i still get is when a party member or myself use a skill for the first time that session, especially things like Lightning arrow with chain/fork. But the spike isnt longer than 1-2 seconds. Quite doable.

Running on 10.8.3 full screen.

If the new version increases the performance even more it will be fantastic, but the game is more than suitable now.

Just my 2 cents.

Which version are you using? Would like to try it out to see if i can get it ok on my imac.
I still run the 3.6..

Works like à charm! Some fps drops as mentioned but very doable!
Today I've experienced another crash but I saved the backtrace, you can read it here

http://pastebin.com/Kc06NicW

hope it helps
Last edited by donluca on Mar 22, 2013, 7:56:10 PM
hi, i am having some trouble playing on mac.

first of all, i play poe on mac with 10.6.8 version. with 4.0.2 wrapper it was kinda fine.
but in act3 i have many problem on loading maps and peity map lag issuse too.
Same problem on my laptop window vista 4g memory. (i know this is not mac problem)

then i upgrade my mac to 10.8.3 verson (the latest)
i cannot start the game again, so i switch back (3.8 wrapper version) which causes many more problems cant launch the game
i also looked up some information in wrapper wineskin, but switching between 3.8 wraaper and 4.0.2 wrapper never work at all.
when i switch between 3.8 and 4.0.2 version, the only download like 347mb size files and nothing more.

I think my problem is i didn't completely removes the entirely game files.

1) can someone tell me how to remove the game completely on mac and reinstall the game?
2) can someone tell me how to check files like they have "packcheck"on pc

Last edited by aznkids on Mar 23, 2013, 4:12:25 AM
Encountering crashes on 4.0.2 recently.

http://pastebin.com/GJV9UukK
"
Oakenhold wrote:
Encountering crashes on 4.0.2 recently.

http://pastebin.com/GJV9UukK

wine(18557,0x40bb0600) malloc: *** mmap(size=16777216) failed (error code=12)

That was reported some time ago by another users as well, if I recall correctly, their wrapper/game got corrupted, redownloading wrapper&game fixed it for them..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info