[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

Thanks julus for your latest efforts.

Too bad I have experienced quite serious lag/desynch issues since patch 0.10.2 that make playing rather frustrating at times. Sure there was lag before that patch, but not on this scale. Don't really know what gives...

Apple has just released 10.8.3, too. I'm just upgrading, we'll see what happens.
Big osx update. Looks like BootCamp support for the 3TB drives now. It will be interesting to finally be able to test the different between the wine port and a bootcamp win7.
Thanks,
MrGravis
Just a heads-up: when I reached the ancient pyramid dungeon the game became unplayable due to the continuous lag spikes that kept the game freezing, so I ended up disabling glsl using winetricks and I lived with not having some effects not showing/glitched: finally I could play almost lag free also in super crowded areas.

I'm really looking forward a patch from GGG to fix the preloading stuff as it is really annoying for us, can't comment windows side.
"
donluca wrote:
Just a heads-up: when I reached the ancient pyramid dungeon the game became unplayable due to the continuous lag spikes that kept the game freezing, so I ended up disabling glsl using winetricks and I lived with not having some effects not showing/glitched: finally I could play almost lag free also in super crowded areas.

I'm really looking forward a patch from GGG to fix the preloading stuff as it is really annoying for us, can't comment windows side.

The GLSL disabled works only with the Nvidia cards.
I'm playing on Windows 7 with Bootcamp on my Macbook Pro, but do you think it would be better if I switch to playing on OSX? I have Snow Leopard btw.. (Macbook Pro 15" late 2009)

I started having some problems with game.. You can see more details here:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/254921
IGN: PsychoNoxy
my lightning/summoner witch build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/244982
shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/241042
I downloaded the client and installed everything but when open the application it says connecting then checking resources then the client closes. There is not window that re-opens it doesn't come back yet the application is open on the toolbar. I am running 10.8.2 Macbook Pro 2012.
"
Kra3y wrote:
I'm playing on Windows 7 with Bootcamp on my Macbook Pro, but do you think it would be better if I switch to playing on OSX? I have Snow Leopard btw.. (Macbook Pro 15" late 2009)

I started having some problems with game.. You can see more details here:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/254921

I have messed with Bootcamp Win 7 (32-bit, 4GB RAM) too and I experience the same issues you wrote about in that linked thread. I don't think there's much you can do. GGG has to make the game more low-spec friendly, especially Act 3. Adding -gc 2 or -gc 1 can help a little but at least I still get errors far too often. Loading times between areas are longer but crashes don't go away :/

My computer is too old to run 64-bit Windows with Bootcamp, how about you? 64-bit can make better use of your total RAM.

Would the game run better for you under OS X? I don't think so. Not yet.

"
Thumpah wrote:
I downloaded the client and installed everything but when open the application it says connecting then checking resources then the client closes. There is not window that re-opens it doesn't come back yet the application is open on the toolbar. I am running 10.8.2 Macbook Pro 2012.

I trust you tried several relaunches and then restarting your Mac already.

EDIT And I just noticed you tried FKNKickass' wrapper before. Did you delete it and download julus' wrapper insted. The former is not supported anymore.
Last edited by krifFinn on Mar 17, 2013, 7:56:50 AM
4.0.3 will be delayed by couple of days. There should be new release of wineskin wrapper which further fixes problem with launching game, and I don't want to make 4.0.4 just because of that.
"
krifFinn wrote:

I have messed with Bootcamp Win 7 (32-bit, 4GB RAM) too and I experience the same issues you wrote about in that linked thread. I don't think there's much you can do. GGG has to make the game more low-spec friendly, especially Act 3. Adding -gc 2 or -gc 1 can help a little but at least I still get errors far too often. Loading times between areas are longer but crashes don't go away :/

My computer is too old to run 64-bit Windows with Bootcamp, how about you? 64-bit can make better use of your total RAM.

I think I can run windows 64-bit, the problem is my macbook's dvd drive doesn't work good any more.. So installing new windows is out of the question right now.. Ugh.. I need to get that fixed, but I think it won't be cheap.. like everything macbook related :P
IGN: PsychoNoxy
my lightning/summoner witch build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/244982
shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/241042
"
Kra3y wrote:
"
krifFinn wrote:

I think I can run windows 64-bit, the problem is my macbook's dvd drive doesn't work good any more.. So installing new windows is out of the question right now.. Ugh.. I need to get that fixed, but I think it won't be cheap.. like everything macbook related :P

Windows 7 can be installed from USB key.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info