[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

"
mltno wrote:
your skill point allocation trees have been reset.
Could you update the 92 point one
Thanks

From Rathik: "Leveling builds will be a bit late due to my working schedule."

So I take it R will create the incremental trees when time allows.
Last edited by Kastanj on Aug 25, 2014, 2:12:13 PM
Updated witch leveling section.

Scion coming soon.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Updated witch leveling section.

Scion coming soon.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Scion leveling tree updated.
IGN Riokar | My guides
I have just started few days ago with POE. I was wondering what should i play. I have tried Ranger but this class is boring for me so i would like to give a shot Witch.

How should i play it at start? I am new player and for me POE is a bit overwhelming. I think that EK is weak for start but it is only my observation. Maybe i am using wrong weapon, i don't know.

Btw. it is quite old build. Is it good anymore?

Killing Merveil was pretty tough with EK.
Last edited by Nerris on Aug 26, 2014, 4:18:01 PM
Two good things about ek:

1. Being a physical spell, elemental resistances on monsters can be safely ignored.
2. Other elemental projectile spells need lmp/gmp for best effect. Ek has this feature built in at no damage penalty.

Two bad things about ek:

1. Can not shotgun like other projectile spells.
2. Is not part of any element so can not ignite/shock/freeze or take advantage of elemental damage mods.

Atleast merveil with her cold res should be easier to kill with ek than with freezing pulse .

Yes. The build works fine. Even better than before.
Just pick a spell and level with it. No matter what choice you do you should be fine.
Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 26, 2014, 5:44:38 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:
Two good things about ek:

1. Being a physical spell, elemental resistances on monsters can be safely ignored.
2. Other elemental projectile spells need lmp/gmp for best effect. Ek has this feature built in at no damage penalty.

Two bad things about ek:

1. Can not shotgun like other projectile spells.
2. Is not part of any element so can not ignite/shock/freeze or take advantage of elemental damage mods.

Atleast merveil with her cold res should be easier to kill with ek than with freezing pulse .

Yes. The build works fine. Even better than before.
Just pick a spell and level with it. No matter what choice you do you should be fine.

What he said. +1
IGN Riokar | My guides
Last edited by Rathik2 on Aug 26, 2014, 6:06:43 PM
Hello, please forgive me for my noobiness I just started playing a few days ago. I have a 34 witch that I have been following the Matriarch build (the final version) for her. I know it says its not for lvling but I figured me being slow lvling I would just use it as a base model and work toward the minion nodes.

I just saw you released the witch lvling guides today (thank you btw) but I am totally confused.... they do not match the final version at all... I know at a certain you talk about refunding points to switch to CI but even with 18 respec how would you redo everything?

For example the Matriarch starts off with ES nodes as the first 4 choices but the lvling version starts off with the mana nodes....

I am just confused... Did I screw up? Should I start over?

Here is what I have specd so far

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZfRjsimvbIvRsCw2NHNx_xn5ZJ6nJPb-X8h6TJ7QM6roNfFfJKPrr7oLH0_sTbAZJaqxakah9uJOnCNkLKpj6gA==

Again sorry for sounding dumb I enjoy the game and being a summoner... just confused after seeing your lvling guide.
Thanks in advance!

Edit
I did notice another guide had this listed
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA2VsbJUuu6QLfim0Zpys1uWvbfRjsivIev5fJPRzcf8ZqrFqRqH3T-4LHKPq0DJMnE2wGSR2q4YhGccaeEH8MffqAKpjZC6cIuJPr7pAziECmrBpsna6ApBcv-tIdFI9GZOdV1k25EJdEBMy899eboYVgqsQaj_ba-wkZipu1wzrKSm-egwlwu-wYwcUvb9kTZp7AGpBV9HFDVB3ZiEIdTw186rpXyfnoLL8V14auVmMRUCL0bAsNjQ==

I guess I could follow this path? Not sure Thanks again!
Last edited by TheGangsta907 on Aug 27, 2014, 3:21:00 AM
HI, Very good guide, i just whant to explain something, this is a beginer friendly guide, with that being said i dont think you should whrite abreviations.
Thanks a lot for the guide i've been wanting to play summober for a very long time, i hope u change what i said in the future for other players that will see this build.
"
TheGangsta907 wrote:
Hello, please forgive me for my noobiness I just started playing a few days ago. I have a 34 witch that I have been following the Matriarch build (the final version) for her. I know it says its not for lvling but I figured me being slow lvling I would just use it as a base model and work toward the minion nodes.

I just saw you released the witch lvling guides today (thank you btw) but I am totally confused.... they do not match the final version at all... I know at a certain you talk about refunding points to switch to CI but even with 18 respec how would you redo everything?

For example the Matriarch starts off with ES nodes as the first 4 choices but the lvling version starts off with the mana nodes....

I am just confused... Did I screw up? Should I start over?

Here is what I have specd so far

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZfRjsimvbIvRsCw2NHNx_xn5ZJ6nJPb-X8h6TJ7QM6roNfFfJKPrr7oLH0_sTbAZJaqxakah9uJOnCNkLKpj6gA==

Again sorry for sounding dumb I enjoy the game and being a summoner... just confused after seeing your lvling guide.
Thanks in advance!

Edit
I did notice another guide had this listed
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA2VsbJUuu6QLfim0Zpys1uWvbfRjsivIev5fJPRzcf8ZqrFqRqH3T-4LHKPq0DJMnE2wGSR2q4YhGccaeEH8MffqAKpjZC6cIuJPr7pAziECmrBpsna6ApBcv-tIdFI9GZOdV1k25EJdEBMy899eboYVgqsQaj_ba-wkZipu1wzrKSm-egwlwu-wYwcUvb9kTZp7AGpBV9HFDVB3ZiEIdTw186rpXyfnoLL8V14auVmMRUCL0bAsNjQ==

I guess I could follow this path? Not sure Thanks again!

You use regret orbs to switch from the life build to the CI build. Refund your life nodes and take ES nodes.
IGN Riokar | My guides

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info