[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

"
jwstyle wrote:
ok it's all kind of good, but my zombies got destroyed by chaos damage by map bosses, i mean wharf and thicket, to kill boss i have to make like 3 runs with 8 zombies, because they drop insanely fast, zombies are lvl 18 and I don't think +20 quality would change anything, damage they are getting is just insane, even with discipline + vitality they die pretty quick, oh and btw, it's same problem in many maps, butcher kills them pretty quick too, blacksmith kills zombies with poison clouds, how do you make them last longer ?

Listed in the OP:
"
Rathik2 wrote:
Important about zombies, read second.
Spoiler

If your raise zombie gem is not level 20 DO NOT COMPLAIN about it.
Zombies ARE NOT a one time cast. You constantly need to summon them.
Either use a life leech gem or buy a level 20 gem.
Other builds cast spells, summoners summon minions.
Deal with it.

Life leech, desecrating the area so you can resummon like a madman, taking out spell totem from skellies and using increased burning damage to whittle down with MI are some of the things I've done to get around things that destroy my zombies (which are also level 18). Are you using bone offering when needed?
I used the free respec on my old witch to make a ci mf summoner culler out of her.

I almost immediately ran into a big problem. The gem colours.
Getting 3x blue on aurseize is almost impossible same with goldwyrm.
Getting 4x off colours in a 5link on a blue es robe is equally impossible.

This is what i came up with. Had to give up culling with arc and move curses to the boots.
Also gave up trying to get those 3 red sockets in the 5link and ended up with the iir gem instead of iiq gem.

A bit off putting but..
Other than that it's working pretty good. Might turn her into a dps summoner instead if the gem colours are easier to fit there. A 6link seems to be the optimal choice for culling also as it is the only way to fit both iiq+iir gem in there (on standard league)

My flame totem culler can fit both iir+iiq in a 5link so she has a big advantage when it comes to culling after all of not requiring a 6link.

Edit: Why do you use clarity. I had no problems managing my mana without clary. Is it for half regen maps?

Any constructive input is well recieved.

Oh and thanks for a good guide overall.
Last edited by kompaniet on Mar 16, 2014, 7:39:07 AM
"
jwstyle wrote:
ok it's all kind of good, but my zombies got destroyed by chaos damage by map bosses, i mean wharf and thicket, to kill boss i have to make like 3 runs with 8 zombies, because they drop insanely fast, zombies are lvl 18 and I don't think +20 quality would change anything, damage they are getting is just insane, even with discipline + vitality they die pretty quick, oh and btw, it's same problem in many maps, butcher kills them pretty quick too, blacksmith kills zombies with poison clouds, how do you make them last longer ?

What is your zombies' Life?
What is your summoning gear?
Are you using a +2 Minion helmet?

I was having 'fragile zombie' issues until I started using a Chober, a Sidhbreath, a +2 helmet.

You can also run the Determination and Purity of Elements auras to make them more survivable.

Here's a thread about the topic.
"
kompaniet wrote:
I used the free respec on my old witch to make a ci mf summoner culler out of her.

I almost immediately ran into a big problem. The gem colours.
Getting 3x blue on aurseize is almost impossible same with goldwyrm.
Getting 4x off colours in a 5link on a blue es robe is equally impossible.

This is what i came up with. Had to give up culling with arc and move curses to the boots.
Also gave up trying to get those 3 red sockets in the 5link and ended up with the iir gem instead of iiq gem.

A bit off putting but..
Other than that it's working pretty good. Might turn her into a dps summoner instead if the gem colours are easier to fit there. A 6link seems to be the optimal choice for culling also as it is the only way to fit both iiq+iir gem in there (on standard league)

My flame totem culler can fit both iir+iiq in a 5link so she has a big advantage when it comes to culling after all of not requiring a 6link.

Edit: Why do you use clarity. I had no problems managing my mana without clary. Is it for half regen maps?

Any constructive input is well recieved.

Oh and thanks for a good guide overall.

Clarity is optional. It does indeed comes in handy in low regen maps but you can do with out it.
Chest colors are a pain in the ass for 5l. Go for full iir/iiq gems when you get a 6L.
Rares are better for hands/boots gloves. Try to buy something that completes your build.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Mar 16, 2014, 10:45:26 AM
"
TigerSpook wrote:
"
jwstyle wrote:

I was having 'fragile zombie' issues until I started using a Chober, a Sidhbreath, a +2 helmet.

You can also run the Determination and Purity of Elements auras to make them more survivable.

zombies life is 4,1k, waiting for 1 more level on gem and I will switch it to Raise Zombie +18 quality
Gear:

I am running 8 zombies with flesh offering most of the time. Yeah yeah I know about lack of ES, but it's ok so far, I rarely die, I am more concerned about zombies on bosses, on mobs it's all good, but bosses is pain in the ass, especially Chaos ones, bosses like Crypt or Ledge is no probs, but chaos ones...
Last edited by jwstyle on Mar 16, 2014, 11:58:07 AM
"
jwstyle wrote:
"
TigerSpook wrote:
"
jwstyle wrote:

zombies life is 4,1k, waiting for 1 more level on gem and I will switch it to Raise Zombie +18 quality

(snip)

Don't forget you have an alternate weapon. You can get better zombies by simply equipping a Chober in your alternate weapon and switching to it when summoning zombies.

As you can see, the links don't matter, at least to me. The point is that if you summon with this equipped, your zombs get 33% more life. It's not as good as it sounds, but it's material. In combat if things go sideways, it is easy to switch to the Chober and bang out more decent zombies. When things are calm, I also swap in the Sidhebreath. Zombs have 6600+ life then. And my Raise Zombie gem is level 18(+2) so there's still room to grow.

You have all the minion passives, yes?

Last edited by TigerSpook on Mar 16, 2014, 12:13:46 PM
yeah I think so, only ES passives left, interesting idea on Chober, Chober + 20q will give +53% max life, my zombies are 16(+2) :/
"
jwstyle wrote:
yeah I think so, only ES passives left, interesting idea on Chober, Chober + 20q will give +53% max life, my zombies are 16(+2) :/

I don't think the Chober's quality has any bearing on its minion-buffing ability.

18(+2) zombs (Q15) = 5500 life
base zombs + Chober = 6321 life
base zombs + Sidhebreath = 5880 life
base zombs + Chober + Sidebreath = 6689 life

6321 / 5500 = 1.15, so multiply your base by 1.15 to estimate what a Chober will do for you.
5880 / 5500 = 1.07, to approximate the Sidhebreath.
6689 / 5500 = 1.22, to approximate the pair.

Last edited by TigerSpook on Mar 16, 2014, 4:06:52 PM
i wasnt clear on last one, i meant chober + 20q zombie gem
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Chaos_Inoculation

"
Chaos Inoculation (CI) is a keystone passive skill which sets your life to 1 and nullifies chaos damage.

"On Full Life" will always trigger because you are always at 100% of 1 life.

Is the Divination Distillate useless with CI keystone?
I already have one and it doesn't work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info