[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

Hi!
Thanks for a nice guide! I'm a poe noob and did this as my first character. I am enjoying it so far.
Why are you linking spectres with increased aoe? I've heard someone talk about keeping spectres alive with flasks. How is this done?

Thanks
"
Rathik2 wrote:
Just culled a kaom's heart and am very happy :D

http://i.imgur.com/BQuYyFE.jpg

Wow, nice! Congrats on that RNG, man! :p

"
Effiemon wrote:
Hi!
I've heard someone talk about keeping spectres alive with flasks. How is this done?

Thanks

With flasks like this:
"
Effiemon wrote:
Hi!
Thanks for a nice guide! I'm a poe noob and did this as my first character. I am enjoying it so far.
Why are you linking spectres with increased aoe? I've heard someone talk about keeping spectres alive with flasks. How is this done?

Thanks

I am leveling that gem for my discharger. :)

You should ready my comments under the gear and gem section.
I swap gems all the time, so don't think what ever I use on my gear is part of the build.

You can keep specters alive in lunaris 3 (9/10 they will die on piety though) or some easy maps.
If you get into a map with hard mods, specters = pancakes.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Aug 13, 2013, 8:00:18 PM
Wanted to say thanks for the guide. I am modifying it somewhat and using a bow to cull but still learned lots from the guide. Braaaaaaains.
~~~Build - Flay's Flicker Finder - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/733257~~~
~~~Shop - Flay's Fantastic Flea Market - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/631082~~~
"
Rens2Sea wrote:
Managed to finish Piety on Merciless: http://www.twitch.tv/rens2sea/c/2744802
I was 3 levels underleveled.

Nicely done! I am almost at merciless Vaal at the moment.

"

My build:

You didn't pickup Deep Thoughts in the mana section under the curses?
Also skipped 30% minion damage at the spectre node...?

My build is very very similiar at the moment except I don't have any of the life nodes. I am hoping to go CI in Act 3 but I need some more ES and resists.

"

My gear:
Spoiler

Got the shield (as white) right before the portal to Piety, alched it to get something nice :)
And got the chest from a vendor. Yes.
Bought the belt, found the boots.

Wow, nice shield and chest. You found a 4L Bones of Ullr? Lucky! I bought a 3L for pretty cheap, run speed is low but not a priority atm. I haven't found any 5Ls or 6Ls yet.
What are your resists at? And how difficult was Merciless Act 3 for you?

You need a new hat!
I thought I would enjoy this build as an alternate to my spork,fire-shotgun, and bow builds. However, I found myself a bit bored and frustated. When everything is going right you just need to keep resummoning your minions and wait for them to finish which can be boring. When things aren't going well you feel like you are herding cats which is frustrating. I thought since I like my dual totem spork build I would like this, but nope not for me. I might try to make some type of hybrid pet/and some type of attack instead. I came away with a new respect for minions so it isn't a total loss. Just need to think up some new build.
"
MartinDeShade wrote:
I thought I would enjoy this build as an alternate to my spork,fire-shotgun, and bow builds. However, I found myself a bit bored and frustated. When everything is going right you just need to keep resummoning your minions and wait for them to finish which can be boring. When things aren't going well you feel like you are herding cats which is frustrating. I thought since I like my dual totem spork build I would like this, but nope not for me. I might try to make some type of hybrid pet/and some type of attack instead. I came away with a new respect for minions so it isn't a total loss. Just need to think up some new build.

To be honest its not a bad build, it works. but, if you are looking for a summoner build that you don't have to keep summoning you have to focus on minion life, resists, and specters.

Making a summoner build that doesn't really rely on specters is comparative to making a 50,000 dollar machine gun that only shoots single shot. The real beauty and destruction of summoner builds is from specters. Specters wreck shit.
"

To be honest its not a bad build, it works. but, if you are looking for a summoner build that you don't have to keep summoning you have to focus on minion life, resists, and specters.

Making a summoner build that doesn't really rely on specters is comparative to making a 50,000 dollar machine gun that only shoots single shot. The real beauty and destruction of summoner builds is from specters. Specters wreck shit.

In truth I am not a big fan of the Specters mechanics. Going out just to find your specters then trying to keep it alive because of the hassle of getting again if you don't. That is why I thought I might like this build.

I am thinking of doing an EK build with a few minion passives(+3 zombie/skelly plus damage), Vaal, CI and Ghost. The build will do the AOE damage with EK-chain, then do skelly MI on bosses.
"
MartinDeShade wrote:
"

In truth I am not a big fan of the Specters mechanics. Going out just to find your specters then trying to keep it alive because of the hassle of getting again if you don't. That is why I thought I might like this build.

I am thinking of doing an EK build with a few minion passives(+3 zombie/skelly plus damage), Vaal, CI and Ghost. The build will do the AOE damage with EK-chain, then do skelly MI on bosses.

Have you built a specter build with life, life aegis a NA? It is a whole different ball game.
"
Haewk wrote:
Spoiler
"
Rens2Sea wrote:
Managed to finish Piety on Merciless: http://www.twitch.tv/rens2sea/c/2744802
I was 3 levels underleveled.

Nicely done! I am almost at merciless Vaal at the moment.

"

My build:

You didn't pickup Deep Thoughts in the mana section under the curses?
Also skipped 30% minion damage at the spectre node...?

My build is very very similiar at the moment except I don't have any of the life nodes. I am hoping to go CI in Act 3 but I need some more ES and resists.

"

My gear:
Spoiler

Got the shield (as white) right before the portal to Piety, alched it to get something nice :)
And got the chest from a vendor. Yes.
Bought the belt, found the boots.

Wow, nice shield and chest. You found a 4L Bones of Ullr? Lucky! I bought a 3L for pretty cheap, run speed is low but not a priority atm. I haven't found any 5Ls or 6Ls yet.
What are your resists at? And how difficult was Merciless Act 3 for you?

You need a new hat!

Actually, i did pick up Deep Thoughts, look again :)
As for the two 15% nodes, completely forgot about them!
I 4-linked the boots my self, didn't find them that way.

My resists (without/with purity):
Fire: 37% / 66%
Cold: 65% / 77%
Lightning: 36% / 65%
Chaos: -42%

Act 3 Merciless was a bitch, died 9 times there (out of 14 total).
I keep stats ;)
Spoiler

Level - Cause - Location
---------------------------
62 - Fireball throwing guy - Act 3: Crematorium Level 1
62 - Piety lightning - Act 3: Crematorium Level 2
62 - I think poison cloud bomb - Act 3: Warehouses (sewers)
62 - I think poison cloud bomb - Act 3: Marketplace (sewers)
62 - I think poison cloud bomb - Act 3: Marketplace (sewers)
62 - Exile - Act 3: Docks
63 - Magic small towels bumped into me - Act 3: Solaris Temple Level 2
64 - I think poison cloud bomb - Act 3: Sewers Aqueduct
65 - Lightning thorns reflect maybe - Act 3: Barracks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info