[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

Sup , Great guide already on merciless onslaught and facerolling the content .

Faster attacks > minion dmg for solo Right? Not using Culling strike on zombies atm cause i play solo mainly
GhenSparkz 82 Shadow Sporker (Onslaught)
Ghentorx 76 Duelist CI Double strike (Onslaught)
"
Ghentor wrote:
Sup , Great guide already on merciless onslaught and facerolling the content .

Faster attacks > minion dmg for solo Right? Not using Culling strike on zombies atm cause i play solo mainly

Nice. Its good to have a confirmation that the build is actually viable in onslaught.

And yea faster attacks > minion damage if you are using multistrike.
Less minion instability damage but thats situational.
Culling strike is only for group play to apply your IIQ.

Solo faster attacks all the way.

Can you post your gear/skills?
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Aug 28, 2013, 12:07:17 PM
My current Gear
Spoiler

Just dropped a exalted on normal piety =D

The boots and the belt I'm using just dropped after. This is a very, very newbie friendly/effective build.
Hi
Can you write what i should change first in my gear?
Spoiler
Did all content and bosses alone i got more life nodes for safety . At first its hard to solo as summoner until cruelty act 2-3 then at act 1 merciles is just faceroll i did lvl 59 quests at lvl 48 solo on onslaught

Build at lvl 59 : http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABLMHYwj0EVAUTRZvGYUaOBpsHNwkPCSqJ6ko-ilPKpgxiDbpOtg74UZxSOdJUU25TdhVxlcrWm1r220Zc1N5A3_GgW-FYIhAjHaPRpAzkFWTJ5Ugm6Gdrp48ogCio6aspwinXKeEqsS0DLiTu9a8n7-XwFTB88k9zLzPZdDQ1BnZC9rd42rjn-Qi6-7sOPIe99f6gA==

Gear :
GhenSparkz 82 Shadow Sporker (Onslaught)
Ghentorx 76 Duelist CI Double strike (Onslaught)
Last edited by Ghentor on Aug 28, 2013, 3:03:12 PM
"
dejs96 wrote:
Hi
Can you write what i should change first in my gear?
Spoiler

Oh man, that shield is so nice.

Well obviously your biggest and most expensive upgrade would be a 6 socket armour RRRBBG for an additional 43% IIQ from 20/20 item quantity gem which is huge.

You are pretty much set with gear. You are now in the process of min maxing your gear in terms of ES and IIR/IIQ and here is when it gets expensive.

Goes with out saying that you should aim for 20/20 gems.

Apart from the armour which is expensive there are a few things that you should start changing.

You should start dropping your andvarius and get IIQ/IIR rings.
You will get back 40 resistance which will allow you to have more ES and IIR/IIQ on other items with out worrying about resistances on them.

Example rings.

In terms of affixes stats you can get from a rare item, 1%IIQ = 2.5%IIR

Your andvarius have 76 and 75 affixes stat on them.

The Dragon Knot gold ring has (15 x 2.5) + 24 + 14 = 75.5
The Viper Knuckle gold ring has (13 x 2.5) + 20 + 15 = 67.5

And IIQ is even more valuable than IIR.

So Dragon Knot gives the same affixes stats as your andvarius and Viper Knuckle slightly less but you get 40 resistance back which means you can get better gloves than Aurseize and boots with out resistance and more IIR/IIQ and even movement speed.

Also Sadima's gloves 24%IIQ are better than 50% Aurseize in terms of IIR/IIQ but you should aim for ES IIR/IIQ gloves.

Read the IIR/IIQ theorycraft section for more information.

Also your weapon is not helping you much. When you drop the andvarius you probably wont be needing the resistance from it. You should get one with faster casting, intellect and mana.

And if you don't have a Divination Distillate yet, you should get one ASAP.

It is the highest IIR/IIQ item in the game and every mfer should have one.

For reference, take a look at my gear and screen shots on first page and try to match it.

Good luck :)

IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Aug 28, 2013, 10:39:46 PM
"
Ghentor wrote:
Did all content and bosses alone i got more life nodes for safety . At first its hard to solo as summoner until cruelty act 2-3 then at act 1 merciles is just faceroll i did lvl 59 quests at lvl 48 solo on onslaught

Build at lvl 59 : http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABLMHYwj0EVAUTRZvGYUaOBpsHNwkPCSqJ6ko-ilPKpgxiDbpOtg74UZxSOdJUU25TdhVxlcrWm1r220Zc1N5A3_GgW-FYIhAjHaPRpAzkFWTJ5Ugm6Gdrp48ogCio6aspwinXKeEqsS0DLiTu9a8n7-XwFTB88k9zLzPZdDQ1BnZC9rd42rjn-Qi6-7sOPIe99f6gA==

Gear :

Added new section on first post with your setup with credits of course.

"
Onslaught build, viable and verified (Courtesy of Mr. Ghentor)

If you like, you can post your progress here with skills and gear and I will add them in the first page.

Maybe every 5-10 levels and the CI transition.

Good job.
IGN Riokar | My guides
Last edited by Rathik2 on Aug 28, 2013, 10:56:48 PM
Hi again,

Just some update on my progress in onslaught: I advanced to 38 and moved to cruel with no trouble at all. Didn't feel in danger but I decided to temporarily go a bit away from the main skill tree investing 4 points to get Divine Toughness and Fitness and the other 2 life nodes leading to them; points that I will eventually retract when moving to CI.

Gear wise, some upgrades:
- got multistrike and enfeeble (still missing arc and melee splash)
- got a 3L Ullr
- got a 4L armor that allows me to run zombies with multistrike, minion life and and added fire damage
- got a perpetual granite flask of adrenaline

Other notes:
- my gloves are crap I should really invest in some decent gloves
- I gave up fireball and I think I'll give up firestorm as well as the minions kill fast enough by themselves as well. Will replace it with arc as soon as I get one.

Questions:
- I have a 3L goldrim (but with no blue socket). About what level should I plan changing it?
- At the moment I'm using only one curse: which one is more efficient to stay alive: temporal chains or enfeeble?
- When I wanna up the dps (farm runs) which offensive curse should I use? Got vulnerability in stash. Should I trade for another?
- My Ullr actually has 4 socks but just 3 are connected; would it be worth to try my luck to get a 4L out of it?

Cheers:)
Last edited by JaehaerysTheMad on Aug 29, 2013, 6:14:44 AM
Quick question for you Rathik.. your rings are simply stunning ! Did you craft them or trade for them? How much did they run you?

Im level 70 at the moment in Hardcore useing your build and I'm now in the mix of getting my IIQ/IIR up and so far I have all the standard unique items. I hate useing 2 Andvarius rings due to my res. being lacking and I watnted to see what your 2 rings ran you befor i go into crafting or tradeing for some.

Onto my next question. I plan on useing my Heartbreaker unique dagger that I used on my sporker to cull with..So what would you suggest I use in place of culling strike linked to Arc?

I was thinking about droping arc as a 4 linked set up making it a 3 linked set up with Arc IIR/IIQ and making my spell totem and summon skeles a 4 linked with sepll tot. sumon skeles IIR/IIQ since to me they look to be landing some last secound hits when they blow up.

Last but not least I just want to say I love this build! I was mostly a Nerco summoner in D2 LOD so this build feels right at home with me.
Thank you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info