Why do I play less and less

"
wiggin wrote:
It is easy to call feedback "QQ" and that's what cool fanboys do. But if you read the OP with intention to understand it, you would know you missed the point with your comment.

That's what fanboys do best.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Just going to say, I agree with the feeling of value being out of proportion.

When I look for upgrades, I go "Hmm, i'd say this is only worth like 3-4 gcp max" then I go and have a look and I see its costing 2 exalt, and I go "Well, screw that, that seems ridiculous"

Then I realise that self found, I barely have an exalt worth of currency at their (now) ridiculous cost, when I still feel they should only be worth 5-6 gcp.

And then I realise that I will never buy that item.

I also end up with an item, a unique, worth about an exalt. I feel like I am ripping people off asking for an exalt for it, but at the same time don't want to sell it for the measly 7 gcp that someone offered as I know that according to other sellers it is worth at least an exalt.

Trading at the lower item level is great. Offering alch->gcp for the early upgrades.

But once you hit the point that gear can cost an exalt, it just feels like its a waste. Farming an exalt worth of currency takes a lot of time, and I have only ever had one exalt drop since I started a long time ago in CB. Finding an item that is worth an exalt is also difficult, considering I hate mapping and only play until the end of act 3 (and indeed, play a lot of the classic D2 style of kill the boss on piety), so I know I will never farm up the higher level rares that you get in maps.

All in all, trading is disappointing, I just play the game to enjoy killing things and using my skills. When I find an item I am interested in costs 10 exalt or more, I forget about its existence and don't even bother thinking about it
Strangely enough, I had a very similar experience to the OP. I was also looking for a reasonable 5 link evasion piece for my 73 Ranger but after trying for a couple of hours gave up in frustration and lack of currency (disclaimer: I play self-found and this was my - never to be repeated - first attempt at trading). I'm back to using a 4 link Armour piece until something drops. Not ideal for an evasion build...

I Really enjoy the early game, it's fun rolling something not tried before but after getting several characters to late 60s/mid seventies (not terribly high, I know) I'm finding it less and less rewarding.
"
Kellog wrote:
Strangely enough, I had a very similar experience to the OP. I was also looking for a reasonable 5 link evasion piece for my 73 Ranger but after trying for a couple of hours gave up in frustration and lack of currency (disclaimer: I play self-found and this was my - never to be repeated - first attempt at trading). I'm back to using a 4 link Armour piece until something drops. Not ideal for an evasion build...

I Really enjoy the early game, it's fun rolling something not tried before but after getting several characters to late 60s/mid seventies (not terribly high, I know) I'm finding it less and less rewarding.

I don't play after late 60's mid seventies. Instead I reroll a different build, and I take my time playing it. I understand entirely. Searching for upgrades I almost only use 3rd party shop indexers, as ingame trading is impossible. Then I message a person who is online (online only option is valuable), say i want to buy this, say my price, move on if not accepted.

But yes, trading, I feel the economy is weird and I avoid it when possible.

And mostly its fun to just reroll a new different build of something unique, like when i felt like making a fire trap templar build, focusing on pure offense, was ridiculously fun and traded for my searing touch + cloak of flames, and other than that avoided trading/partying completely
i hate players like you.... i simply do... what do you expect? get everything in easy way and reach lvl 100 in a day?
My_Bloody_Valentine
"
Rangers wrote:
i hate players like you.... i simply do... what do you expect? get everything in easy way and reach lvl 100 in a day?

No.
✠ ✠
"
Rangers wrote:

It never ceases to amaze me, that when someone makes a thread/post about not wanting to simply buy gear or content, in an aRPG, but kill monsters and progress from their time; inevitably, someone throws out the 'get everything easy' card.

Astounding, simply astounding.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Aug 1, 2013, 9:30:04 AM
Going back all the way to the OP:

"
wiggin wrote:
Why do I play less and less?

I think it's mostly because the progression stalls too much for me. I reach level 80 or so and I don't find higher level maps, grinding all the same low maps is boring. Drops are terrible, gear upgrades from drops impossible. To overcome these problems I would have to

... Roll the maps with a lot of currency.
... Make a dedicated MF character.
... Trade.
... Buy the currency with real money.
... Reroll.
So races are left for me, I guess. I like descent, slowly getting better at it (or I like to tell myself that) and have fun in them. But I would love to play my favourite character more beside "racing". The game, however, doesn't let me do that in a way that I would enjoy; killing stuff is not rewarding at certain point anymore and the other options suck.

Often there are several public parties going on where you can join someone else's map for a contribution to its costs, which is often quite moderate along the lines of a chisel per 71 map, a chaos per 73 map.

You get to play the higher content, it shouldn't cost too much, you are no longer at the mercy of RNGesus for maps, and unless your luck is terrible you should be able to pick up a chisel's worth of stuff on average on a 71 map, so you are making money while you play while progressing in XP at high-speed.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Aug 1, 2013, 9:36:19 AM
Wiggin!

What do you need ? I will buy it for you!
Anarchy/Onslaught T-Shirt Owner.
Trading Guide : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/519890
Killing Vaal merc with (600 life) : http://is.gd/qsgV9P [Open Beta]
Let's be Crazy: http://is.gd/TxxLsS / Old Suggestion: http://is.gd/Jd09W0
<< God blesses those who bless themselves >>
"
Rangers wrote:

Casuals these days... Didnt even put 1000 hours in the game (just 500 - 600) and already wants everything brought to him on a silver plate. D3 is that way ->

:P

But seriously; I would currently want not to move in a circle from 69s maps to 71s maps, back to 69s... for days or weeks. I would like to feel >progression<, ie. the thing when you know you are getting somewhere, preferably forward.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info