AutoHotKey list of macros for PoE by W1ndows/Instinct

"
666tnt666 wrote:
"
FrostTiger wrote:

Just put more servers and everybody will enjoy less desync regardless of timed oos or not.

I'm pretty sure they will do so if you pay for the servers! ;D

I am more than willing to shoulder my share of increased server load and cost due to periodic /oos. That is why I suggested that GGG sell the right for player to use periodic /oos supported by PoE client as paid microtransaction. It is win-win case for both players and GGG. I can not figure out any valid reason not to sell such service.
Last edited by FrostTiger on Jul 25, 2013, 7:19:24 PM
"
FrostTiger wrote:
I suggested that GGG sell the right for player to use periodic /oos supported by PoE client as paid microtransaction. It is win-win case for both players and GGG. I can not figure out any valid reason not to sell such service.

You want people to pay to get rid of desync? Yeah... that's the stupidest fucking thing I've read on these forums lately.

Also, that would be considered pay-to-win.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
"
tsoukalos wrote:
"
FrostTiger wrote:
I suggested that GGG sell the right for player to use periodic /oos supported by PoE client as paid microtransaction. It is win-win case for both players and GGG. I can not figure out any valid reason not to sell such service.

You want people to pay to get rid of desync? Yeah... that's the stupidest fucking thing I've read on these forums lately.

Why? The most annoying and hated aspect of PoE is desync problem by far. It was No. 1 complaint of players in recent forum poll. Periodic /oos can reduce chance of desync considerably. But it increases server load. So it is fair and reasonable that player who are to use periodic oos will pay more to cover the increased server cost. Everyone will be happier including players who didn't buy the option.

It is not pay-to-win. Desync is not normal, designed feature of this game. So less desync does not give any unfair advantage to player.

If you call the "less chance of desync" as unfair advantage, then a player with better network connection, and hence shorter network latency, have massive "unfair adavntage". They should be forced to have same long latency/poor network connection as other less fortunate players have, by inserting deliberate network delay/latency to thier connection. :)

Last edited by FrostTiger on Jul 25, 2013, 7:51:04 PM
"
FrostTiger wrote:
"
tsoukalos wrote:
"
FrostTiger wrote:

Why? The most annoying and hated aspect of PoE is desync problem by far. It was No. 1 complaint of players in recent forum poll. Periodic /oos can reduce chance of desync considerably. But it increases server load. So it is fair and reasonable that player who are to use periodic oos will pay more to cover the increased server cost.

It is not pay-to-win. Desync is not normal, designed feature of this game. So less desync does not give any unfair advantage to player. If you call the "less chance of desync" as unfair advantage, then a player with better network and hence, shorter network latency should be forced to have same long latency/poor network connection as other less fortunate players have.

You are right, desync IS the most hated aspect of POE as it should be. It ruins the game on many levels which I am not going to get into in this thread.

Paying to get rid of desync is a fucking stupid idea and is indeed pay-to-win.

Why should I have to suffer from the issues of having a shitty internet connection when I in fact have an excellent connection?

I guess the saying is right. Common sense isn't that common.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
"
tsoukalos wrote:

You are right, desync IS the most hated aspect of POE as it should be. It ruins the game on many levels which I am not going to get into in this thread.

Paying to get rid of desync is a fucking stupid idea and is indeed pay-to-win.

Why should I have to suffer from the issues of having a shitty internet connection when I in fact have an excellent connection?

I guess the saying is right. Common sense isn't that common.

Yes, desync is deal-breaking defect of PoE game. Comon sense tells us that any officially released / commercially serviced game should NOT have such glaring defect. But unfortunately, it seems that the desync problem will not go away before impending official release in couple of months. PoE/GGG is betraying such widely-held common sense.

So such no-so-common situation calls for not-so-common sense and solution: Player pays to fix (at least mitigate the severity of) fatal defect of the game. It is not common sense, but reasonable alternative for current uncommon situation.
Last edited by FrostTiger on Jul 25, 2013, 8:17:37 PM
"
FrostTiger wrote:

Yes, desync is deal-breaking defect of PoE game. Comon sense tells us that any officially released / commercially serviced game should NOT have such glaring defect. But unfortunately PoE/GGG is betraying such common sense. So No-so-common situation calls for not-so-common solution: Player pays to fix (at least mitigate severity of) defect of the game.

I'd rather not play the game than have to PAY to play without desync problems. Hell, I'd rather put out a red hot cigar on my penis than PAY to play without desync problems.
"
tsoukalos wrote:

I'd rather not play the game than have to PAY to play without desync problems. Hell, I'd rather put out a red hot cigar on my penis than PAY to play without desync problems.

Just think PoE as subscription based paid game, not F2P. PoE would have been excellent game worth monthly subscriotion fee, if it didn't have the the fatal desync problem. So It is not so unseaonable to pay some fee to play PoE in the quality comparable to the quality of subscription based paid online games. Even with fee of the paid periodic oos option supported by the PoE client itself, it will be cheaper game to play than other monthly paid online games.
Last edited by FrostTiger on Jul 25, 2013, 9:01:39 PM
"
FrostTiger wrote:
"
tsoukalos wrote:

Just think PoE as subscription based paid game, not F2P. PoE is excellent game worth monthly subscriotion fee, if it didn't have the the desync problem. So It is not so unseaonable to pay some fee to play PoE in the quality comparable to quality of subscription based games. Its fee will be much cheaper to play than other monthly paid game, even with the paid periodic oos option supported by the PoE client itself.

You really are delusional aren't you?

Sorry, but POE is NOT worth a monthly subscription and I guarantee that majority of players would quit playing the game if that were to happen. Also, POE does not have enough employees or content to justify paying a monthly fee.
"
tsoukalos wrote:

You really are delusional aren't you?

Sorry, but POE is NOT worth a monthly subscription and I guarantee that majority of players would quit playing the game if that were to happen. Also, POE does not have enough employees or content to justify paying a monthly fee.

PoE may be not worth $15/month fee of most full scale online game. But how about that if the less desync option costs $15 one time fee or $1 monthly option? I think that PoE with considerably less desync defect than now is worth more than that, at least.
Last edited by FrostTiger on Jul 25, 2013, 9:15:02 PM
"
FrostTiger wrote:

PoE may be not worth $15/month fee of most full scale online game. But how about that if the less desync option is costing $15 one time fee or $1 monthly option? I think that PoE with considerably less desync defect is worth more than that, at least.

No. We should be able to play the fucking game without desync for FREE like every other game on the market. And don't argue about it being a free game because it means jack shit because I have played plenty of free online games that don't have this problem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info