Tyr's **0.11.1** Pure Elemental Bow Spec

Thx c4ph!

My accuracy is kinda bad at 71%. Ive got a few items with 200+ accuracy which helps. Thankfully the AOE is large & rather strong. The ice shot totem never misses tho.

I might drop GR if I keep Ice Totem. When not linked to totem it works well enough to regain some ES. However it does a great job in regaining mana. My most recent respec left Deep Thoughts out & am testing to compensate.
____________________________________twitch.tv/tyranthal
My Default shadow is currently 57 and did follow your build so far, and I really disliked the low accuracy, which is why I started thinking about resolute technique!

I actually did respec one of my legacy shadows to have resolute technique build and the other one to go my initial build with even more focus on physical dmg and crit. I gave both the exact same gear except that the RT version did not use Maligaros but used Ondars instead. I didn't expect it but RT beats my initial build, just sick!

Advantages over my previous build are plentysome:

- More ES because of the yummy 20% node
- More resists because of the 3 single elemental and the 2 allresists nodes in the templar area
- A lot more mana so that Anger as a fourth aura can be accomodated!
- Much more efficient Mana Leech since every shot hits!
- About the same total dps with iceshot! (based on my direct comparison its a mere 100dps difference)

And regarding the fact that my shadows in legacy used a pure physical bow, this damage will be even higher on my default shadow with
Unavailable

once i 5 linked it. I will actually do this build :D

Thanks for your inspiration and the exchange which triggered this idea ^^

Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Can you post your items ?
"
Tyranthal wrote:
Thx c4ph!

My accuracy is kinda bad at 71%. Ive got a few items with 200+ accuracy which helps. Thankfully the AOE is large & rather strong. The ice shot totem never misses tho.

I might drop GR if I keep Ice Totem. When not linked to totem it works well enough to regain some ES. However it does a great job in regaining mana. My most recent respec left Deep Thoughts out & am testing to compensate.

Ice shot totem that never misses is a huge bonus
(might even be a bug?)

How certain are you of this?

Low accuracy, dual totem, high crit build time! lol
Hey c4ph Im going to try your suggestion with my other shadow. Resolute tech could be what takes this build to an even more efficient level.

Im 100% certain Ice Shot never misses when linked with Ranged Attack Totem. Its so much fun lol.
Be aware though of one thing: The lack of crits drastically reduces the amount of status effects that you will cause. Freeze does almost not happen anymore (only 5% chance to freeze mobs thanks to the passive in the shadow start area).
Thanks for the advice! You should never sleep cause your theorycrafting abilities increase 200% when deprived. Here is how I integrated RT with an elemental bow shadow. Elemental RT Build

Resolute Technique makes mana even less of an issue. I do miss GR, but, not having it is not a build breaker.

I switched to Ice Shot as my primary attack. 4.1k dps, 2 arrows per 36 mana, 2 aps. The chill duration is great for slowing the hordes down. Im going to test light arrow as well + a 10% ele prolif.

You might notice that I have both Amplify & Blast Radius. Currently 32% increased area of effect for Explosive Arrow & Ice shot.

The confidence of hitting every enemy makes leveling less stressful. There is more control now.
Last edited by Tyranthal on Oct 21, 2012, 3:07:47 PM
Why don't you take this route to RT?

Different Route to RT

Its the same amount of nodes needed but instead of 8*10 STR its 4*10 Int and 4*10 STR which seems more useful to me....
"
C4ph wrote:
Why don't you take this route to RT?

Different Route to RT

Its the same amount of nodes needed but instead of 8*10 STR its 4*10 Int and 4*10 STR which seems more useful to me....

and access to double totem too!
but why no CI?
I am really missing GR. At level 72 it will be available.

Overall, Resolute is solid. It lacks the pop that the non RT build has & this makes map bossfights can be a pain in the ass. However, ya cant beat it for mass crowd killing.

Ice Shot totem helps take the pressure off ya.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info