Tyr's **0.11.1** Pure Elemental Bow Spec

With the nerfs to LA, Chain, Fork and whatnot (And without diamond flasks) How do you think this build will hold up. I'm still planning on running something similar, if not almost exact, but with the new changes, I'm curious on your thoughts.
So much has changed since the first post! In essence yes, this is the same build. One that relied on absolutely no bow or phys skills, purely elemental, Soul Siphon instead of leech. That aspect hasn't changed at all.

It started out using quill rain for fun with explosive arrow & a focus on burn dmg. Then Ice Shot happened and using a Deaths Harp made more sense. Chain was ehh lol the icing on the cake. Any elemental bow spec with the old Ice Shot + Chain combo was gloriously broken & I was thrilled to keep breaking it & post all about it.

After reading the patch notes, a few things really jump out. Ice Shot'a chilled effect will not progressively stack. This makes sense cause in PvP my friends would be LOLZMAD as their stun & frozen immunities didnt do a damn thing against a stacked chilled effect.

Chain got a substantial 10% dmg nerf & hits 2 instead of 3 targets now. Honestly, that knocks the Ice Shot dmg down to around 2.9k per arrow as opposed to 3.2k. It will chain less. But...with the increased AoE cone & damage passives Im not anticipating Ice Shot + Chain as being invalid from being worth a 5l. A Death's Harp might be even more necessary to make up for the loss of CC coverage & effectiveness.

Stun Duration % from gear + Chilled + Chance to flee from Wake of Destruction will still be excellent methods for CC.

Im very very very curious where that HP regen to ES regen keystone will be. That could be huge. I'm also very pleased that the biggest nerf, No increased ES from CI, has no affect on this build. I ditched CI months ago :P

I might revisit the initial concept of Explosive Arrow taking advantage of the AoE size & dmg passives. I dont recall seeing any change whatsoever to EA, where Ice Shot & Lightning Arrow are noticeably different. EA might make more sense for a Templar or Marauder early in a build bc of the proximity of the burning dmg passives. Fire penetration & flammability didnt exist back when I speccd that way.

Ill keep ya posted :)
____________________________________twitch.tv/tyranthal
Last edited by Tyranthal on Jan 23, 2013, 3:00:59 AM
Really interesting spec! I like how it can be played as either a templear or shadow.

Would this be suitable as a templar with 1h and shield? What if I changed it for freezing pulse?
Procurement  : The Ultimate Exile's Companion!
Forum Thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172710/page/1
Github : https://github.com/Stickymaddness/Procurement/
"
Really interesting spec! I like how it can be played as either a templear or shadow.

Would this be suitable as a templar with 1h and shield? What if I changed it for freezing pulse?

Hmm well if you take the core elemental path & replace the entire shadow section with more caster appropriate passives, yes. Just remember weapon elemental damage will not increase elemental damage from spells like freezing pulse. The excessive dps comes from weapon elemental damage working with elemental % damage and pure + elemental damage.
Hey mate,

Thanks for this build, I like it a lot.

Is it possible you tweak the build when the new passive tree is online in prob 1 hour?

Would really like to start my first char as this build.

It will be greatly appreciated :D

Kevin
"
kevinv1990 wrote:
Hey mate,

Thanks for this build, I like it a lot.

Is it possible you tweak the build when the new passive tree is online in prob 1 hour?

Would really like to start my first char as this build.

It will be greatly appreciated :D

Kevin

Thanks! You can count on an updated spec as soon as I can. If there are substantial changes late in the tree, I will tweak & modify this build as I level & test new content. Obviously, I wont vouch for a spec that I haven't rigorously tested in the new a3 Merci content & endgame maps.

I'll certainly post a provisional, theorycrafted build that I will comment on as I progress.
Hi thanks for amazing build idea. What sort of gems would u recommend to use with this build, what sort of items I should aim for? Should I use more armor evasion or shield? :)

Thanks for all the help in advance
Last edited by Tragboo on Jan 23, 2013, 6:49:07 PM
"
Tragboo wrote:
Hi thanks for amazing build idea. What sort of gems would u recommend to use with this build, what sort of items I should aim for? Should I use more armor evasion or shield? :)

Thanks for all the help in advance

Take whatever is best early on. If its a magic or rare just equip it based on stat need without limiting yourself to one type of defense. Im a fan of HP & ES & armor over evasion so i tend to gravitate to those items.

Burning Arrow & Rain of Arrows is a good choice early on. The nice thing about this build is that you are in no way limited in any of the early skill gems. Use what is most useful!
Is there any kind of info on what kind of stats on gear I should be aiming for? I'm really newbie and maybe this is more a harder build design. Been hard to find out a lot of info on what gems and what armour and weapon Stats I should be looking into. I'm not really good at learning and even getting that info on my own. I kind of always like following a more set path.

Damn easy games have corrupted me :(
Are u using fork?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info