Trading

Will there be any plans to be able to trade items with other players
I've heard there are plans to implement a trade window between players, so in the future we might see an official, full fledged trading system.
I was searching for this topic of 'trading', and ran across a thread where there is scamming going on.

In one of the replies, it was stated, if you are being scammed, you are not doing trades correctly. That had me thinking, shy of an update in the future with a trade window, "What is the correct way to make trades where you will not be scammed?"

My wife and I have been testing the game, and one of the things we did last night while testing/playing, was she was going to give me a some gloves she found. We determined that the only place to trade, was out in the battlefield. So we would go out, and then she dropped the item. Now had this been a trade with another player I do not know, she could have dropped the item in front of the other player, and that player may decide not to drop the agreed upon trade/barter item.

The only thing that comes to mind is, both players stand many feet apart, drop the item, then each run at the same time to where the dropped loot is and pick up what is on the ground. It just didn't sound right. What is the correct way to trade in the game at the moment?

I ask now, as I may want to trade in a public game, and will want to know the procedure.
"
LuckyLouie wrote:
What is the correct way to trade in the game at the moment?

Carefully.

As there is no trade system in place quite yet (and it is most definitely coming), GGG cannot in any way control or police current trading practices. It's simply a case of 'do so at your own risk.' And believe me when I say the occurrences of scamming is on the rise and that the imperative for that trading system is very much looming over GGG'd development schedule.

It is quite simply one of the most important things for them to get into the game before it goes Open and thus into 'soft' release.

The drop-trade concept worked in a true closed beta, where the population was small enough that a scammer developed a reputation before long, but now that the beta is sort of not really all that closed anymore, I just would not encourage anyone to trade unless it's with people they trust.

I certainly don't.

The trading boards are still quite lively, so I believe some players have found acceptable ways to trade...but it's all place-holders and good-enough-sort-of practices right now.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Suikadon wrote:
I've heard there are plans to implement a trade window between players, so in the future we might see an official, full fledged trading system.

There was a post by GGG, can't seem to find it, where they said a full trade window is being developed, it's just not ready for release yet.
Procurement  : The Ultimate Exile's Companion!
Forum Thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172710/page/1
Github : https://github.com/Stickymaddness/Procurement/
Thanks Charan for the reply, and to you Sticky.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/34106

Ignoring the now defunct Open Beta release schedule, this thread details the plans for the next few major patches. 0.9.13 includes a secure trading system.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info