Upcoming global chat system changes

"
Zaqwert wrote:
I don't understand what the disassociation means. Aren't global and trade already seperate channels and you can choose to view either? How's it gonna be different?

A post on Page 1 explains it...
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
-
Last edited by private on Apr 15, 2020, 6:20:20 PM
Finally. Seems great! Is it possible to create some language-specific channels? I don't see anything wrong in calling Number 100 for Denmark and 101 for USA, and so on:-)
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
Last edited by ongZ on Jul 16, 2013, 8:41:14 PM
"
ongZ wrote:
Finally. Seems great! Is it possible to create some language-specific channels? I don't see anything wrong in calling Number 100 for Denmark and 101 for USA. :-)

Why would you make chats per Nation?
Yes, how funny to be alone in Chat Singapore or Chat South Africa!!

Also, people should not just talk with people from their own country.
It sounds like you've dissociated the chat servers from the gameplay servers so they don't run on the same machine anymore.
IRON MAN
"
rokaru wrote:

Also, people should not just talk with people from their own country.

If I want to meet new people from other countries, I wouldn't use PoE for the purpose.
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
Awesome, love the changes! The only thing that would make it better would be if you were to restrict trade chat so a user can only post 1 time every 30 seconds, that would cut down on a great deal of spam.

Standard IGN: _DipDodgeDuck_
There should really be 2 trade channels, a currency trading and a item trading
Could we get a more robust filter for the trade chat ? For example, I would like to show all messages containing "WTB", but not those containing "WTS".
"
Brilliant. Possibly the best changes since open beta in terms of functionality and appeal. Was sorely needed.
Yes. Hopefully this also means we'll see private/guild channels in the near future. Providing an easy means of communication between multiple like-minded players and friends is one of the easiest ways to help foster a larger and longer lasting community.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info