Failed to Initialize

Hi, sorry for the time, i was away last days.

So, i'm not sur if i understand your explaination.
I dont have backup from the Content.ggpk. So, what i have to do ?

You want i delete this file, and re-dowload from a VPN ?
"
Keussef wrote:
Hi, sorry for the time, i was away last days.

So, i'm not sur if i understand your explaination.
I dont have backup from the Content.ggpk. So, what i have to do ?

You want i delete this file, and re-dowload from a VPN ?

Hey there,

Yes, if you don't mind downloading it again and it won't cause problems for any sort of bandwidth cap you may have, this option should definitely resolve the issue for you :)
Ok right, i will try this. I think will take a long time. :D
But, just for explaination. Because, it seems to me, a vpn only dl the same file from a different way, right ? So, how it's possible to work ?
I was in holiday last time. The problem are always same. I cant arrived to fond a VPN for free. But i don't think this resolve the problem. Why the file will be different ( and better ) if I try this way ?

It was a game i playing every day since the open beta... 1 month without playing because of this error. :D
Last edited by Keussef on Aug 16, 2013, 5:00:44 AM
"
Keussef wrote:
I was in holiday last time. The problem are always same. I cant arrived to fond a VPN for free. But i don't think this resolve the problem. Why the file will be different ( and better ) if I try this way ?

It was a game i playing every day since the open beta... 1 month without playing because of this error. :D

The reason the VPN works is because it bypasses any local ISP Cache. If your ISP has caching, then when you request the file from the GGG servers, your ISP interferes and says "actually, I already have this file, and here it is" even though the file it is giving you is probably the old one and not the latest since the latest was just released on the servers. So in this case, the ISP gives you a bad copy since it doesn't have a good copy.

The VPN tunnels the connection to a different starting point that bypasses the ISP caching (because the traffic is secured and the ISP cannot interfere). When using the VPN, your connection goes straight to the VPN server (through normal routes), then goes from the VPN server to the endpoint (GGG's server) directly. So by using a VPN, you are almost guaranteeing that the files you're getting are up to date from GGG's servers.

Does that make sense?
Hmm, ok, i understand. I really didnt know there is a ISP cache.

Is it possible to find any VPN for free for download 6go ? :D
Here is more info on getting a VPN up and running: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/103073/highligh
Yeah, cool. I follow the advice on this thread, the VPN working very well. But after 5 hours of downloading : "Failed to initialise" Again...

Maybe i made a mystake when using openVPN, but how ? I fallow your thread, it take a lot of time to download everything ( average 250kb/s ) I was connected and i checked on speedtest.net, who located me in Romania ( i'm in France ).

Seriously, i really dont know what to do.
It could be that your issue isn't related to corruption of the Content.ggpk file and could be related to other known causes of the "Failed to Initialize" error. Namely, the problem with keyboard language. I'm not sure the details of it, but people who have set their keyboard language differently have been able to resolve the problem. I believe they just added English US to their keyboards in control panel, then selected it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info