my first race lasted 8 min

"
Stewart_GGG wrote:
Not at all a useless post, I was terrible in a descent race I entered. Glad to hear you're keen to play!

Thanks. as I said, I meant it humorously. I've been playing poe for a while now and I was just amazed at how badly I did. Definitely races are a different thing from normal play!

Plan on tring again, as I said :-)
"
Your pain, I feel it.

But keep at it, because I guarantee Descent will make you a better player very quickly. As a shadow, sadly the best advice I can give you is get only enough experience in the first three areas to be around level 4.5-5 by the time you hit the dungeon proper.

Well I think that's how I screwed up. I didn't clean out the first area. Then I got to the second area and "suprise!", voidbears ! , and now I can't go back ! LOL.

Only way I'll learn is by trying again. Thanks for your comments.
I hope you know that after you die, you can make another character if you want to keep trying and get points
"
Trapezium wrote:
I hope you know that after you die, you can make another character if you want to keep trying and get points

LOL. I hate to admit I didn't even think of that. Absolutely should have done it, there was plenty of time of course :-)
"
plasticeyes wrote:
and then i died and went back to standard.

mistake 1 : picking a shadow

mistake 2 : not clearing the first area to max out level before second area. voidbears ? really ?

mistake 3 : being really bad at this game and entering a descent hardcore race on my first try.

can't wait to do it again :-)

The Void Bears are nasty. The last descent race I did they killed me three times. On the fourth try I managed to run by them without getting turned into chaos pudding and survived long enough to squeak out a few points.

I think the only point of the bosses near each end is to give you a chance at some potentially good gear drops... if you can kill the boss fast enough and not get killed yourself.

I hope they continue some kind of descent races next season and put them in a wider variety of time slots.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Oh, so you think you suck on your first try? I died in the first area on my first descent race. Beat that you n0Ob!
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
My first race lasted 1 second...

Just before the race started, I rushed to get a cup of coffee, and I got back to my seat in time. I lifted my cup, spilled the coffee all over the mouse, and then the race began...

I left clicked and observed my witch running in circles...

I then left clicked once more, and my mouse never worked again.

It was an interesting initiation into the world of POE races...
"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:
Oh, so you think you suck on your first try? I died in the first area on my first descent race. Beat that you n0Ob!

I died in the first area... with a dualist
Just go hodorcleaver and it'll be fine :)
i never played descent but i died in much less than 8 minutes first time i did a normal race.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info