[1.2.0] Dual Claws Are Cool

I build a similar build to yours and it can map with any mods. I go for as high block as possible and 8 frenzy charge for dodge chance with darkray vectors. My current dps is 26k tooltip dps. I cleared a map with the following mods easily:

Temporal Chains
18% phy reflect
no hp and mana regen
-25% max resist
monsters have 25% more atk spd, dmg and movement spd

My items are:
Spoiler

My skill tree:
Last edited by victortkc on Sep 7, 2013, 7:27:35 AM
I got through Cruel at 49. It was more masochistic than honorable. The only way I hit 49 was due to the third level of Piety's place being on the easier side, relatively speaking. DPS, life leech, and fire and cold resist were fine. Everything thing else was some sort of bad including lightning resist that made those lightning mages near impossible. I was switching gear based on what map I was on since even two of them met almost assured death. I'm also simply bleeding mana. Next level I get Mind Drinker. Just about everything going forward is going into defense. I have to figure out what level I need to upgrade my Claws. I know it is soon, I just don't know when how soon. I think I'm done trying to see how underleveled I can complete things. :P I'm probably farming until I can be even level from here on out.
Great build kirellis, using it and having a blast. I could use some gear recommendations tho, will post when i get back home. Also are your resistence capped? Im having some trouble with elemental elites sometimes, other than that its all good.

/ mantelz
Alright so this is my gear so far, what would you guys that use the build upgrade first?
Im a bit short on currency after obtaining the stuff, stuff like soul taker is out of the question.

Trying this out on hardcore, but I'm worried about the HP. Would CI/VP/IR/US be safer? I don't think I'd go for ZO/RT since the nodes are far. Maybe something like this skeleton build plus DPS and block nodes.

Vaal Pact would lift the leech cap that limits the HP build right?

I'm also considering the less cool Reave/Shield. How much block do you have with DW, and how much from passives and how much from items (and which items)?
Last edited by LightsEdge on Sep 15, 2013, 8:17:40 PM
Hi, (first post, excuse my noobness) I've been interested in a dual claw build for a while and found this, but instead i'm going Chaos Inoculation, Vaal Pact and Ghost reaver. This way I can grab instant life leech, not worry about blood rage at all (though it's pretty easy to hand without CI with the leech) and just use ES as life. I'm still going for Evasion to evade stuff too. I believe CI,VP and GR synergise extremely well, and then with this insane life leech, the survivability can be higher as chaos damage is completely out of the way.

I'm just wondering, what are the pros and cons if I do it this way? I don't go much into the duelist side to grab Master of the Arena or Berserking, but i'm considering to grab Savagery (the frenzy charge there) and maybe Diamond Flesh. I'm also thinking of grabbing Inner Force as it's relatively close to VP, but then I have to sacrifice between Fencing,Raptor Talons and Eagle Talons to grab those. Thoughts?

Excuse my noobness,
Thanks for reading :)
Hi
Last edited by Envisionise on Sep 16, 2013, 9:24:17 AM
"
Also are your resistence capped? Im having some trouble with elemental elites sometimes, other than that its all good.

Overcapped and then some. Not hard to cap resists just on gear, though I'm running Purity right now so I can use more MF gear.

"
Alright so this is my gear so far, what would you guys that use the build upgrade first?
Im a bit short on currency after obtaining the stuff, stuff like soul taker is out of the question.

Boots with HP movespeed dual-res aren't hard to find, honestly. But my guess is your resist issues come from your accessories (rings/amulet) having no resists on them at all. And your claw is 190dps only. Those are the first two I'd upgrade: claw and boots.

"
Trying this out on hardcore, but I'm worried about the HP. Would CI/VP/IR/US be safer? I don't think I'd go for ZO/RT since the nodes are far. Maybe something like this skeleton build plus DPS and block nodes.

"
Hi, (first post, excuse my noobness) I've been interested in a dual claw build for a while and found this, but instead i'm going Chaos Inoculation, Vaal Pact and Ghost reaver. This way I can grab instant life leech, not worry about blood rage at all (though it's pretty easy to hand without CI with the leech) and just use ES as life. I'm still going for Evasion to evade stuff too. I believe CI,VP and GR synergise extremely well, and then with this insane life leech, the survivability can be higher as chaos damage is completely out of the way.

I'm just wondering, what are the pros and cons if I do it this way? I don't go much into the duelist side to grab Master of the Arena or Berserking, but i'm considering to grab Savagery (the frenzy charge there) and maybe Diamond Flesh. I'm also thinking of grabbing Inner Force as it's relatively close to VP, but then I have to sacrifice between Fencing,Raptor Talons and Eagle Talons to grab those. Thoughts?

For melee CI, you either use an Auxium, or you use a Dream Fragments and get perma chilled. Safer? I don't know, there's certainly a larger ES pool than HP, but then status ailments. More damage yes, because with VP you can use two high DPS claws instead of being locked into a Bloodseeker. However, with a CI VP build you have significantly less dual wield block chance. Essentia Sanguis notwithstanding.

I guess it all comes down to, how much can you reasonably spend on gear? Below about the 5-6 ex mark, HP is superior. Above 15-20, CI might do you better. Remember, dual claws = no ES from shield, which means every other piece has to be significantly better to compensate.

"
Vaal Pact would lift the leech cap that limits the HP build right?

That's what the Bloodseeker is for.

"
I'm also considering the less cool Reave/Shield. How much block do you have with DW, and how much from passives and how much from items (and which items)?

15% from Rain, 15% base, 30% passives (took literally every single dw block node) for 60% total.

How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
hiya, this is similar to what i was thinking about. Im making a dual wield evade character and i've now opted to go for daggers personally, but claws are probably cooler.

i personally just figured if you avoid damage so much then the life leech is put to waste, and if you get 1 hko then again life leech means nothing.

So whats the way to solve this for dual claws? build more life of course! If you had like 3.5/4k hp with this build you would survive literally anything. you basically wouldn't get 1hko, and thus you'd leech all the life back in half a second and thus...live forever.

this is my proposed dual claw build with high HP to survive 1 shots for 98 points (oak/oak/kraitlyn rewards).

i start at ranger because seriously, ranger starting point is fricking awesome. at shadow you get a bit of atk spd, movement spd, and some damage however this build isn't really about kill something before it kills you, because we're trying to accomplish nothing being able to kill you!
so ranger starting point of evade+hp is absolutely magnificent, including the very accessible 20% accuracy. the rest seems self explanatory. Up to the shadow through frenzy for the claw leech, mana leech, hp and just all the tight cluster of big circles we like to light up.

Down south for more hp, some very close by big dmg boosts, resistances, big atk spd boosts and most importantly all of the block nodes we can cram in.
Feel free to shuffle some things around to pick up a bit more damage if you want, theres plenty around, if you feel you have enough HP or something.

This build gives you %160 boost to hp. You should be rocking some pretty heavy health here. Your leech will obviously be insane and running pure evade equips you'll have very large evade also. Better yet, when you miss an evade you have a whopping 58% dual wield block chance if you run BoR (which you should).
roll with dual strikes, melee splash, multistrike, melee phys dmg in that BoR and depending on other equips you'll be around 30k dps'ish.
I also made it a point to pick up the 15% chance to avoid status effects, 40% chance to avoid chilled and 40% chance to avoid frozen because lets be honest, the first thing that'll kill you is if you stop attacking and freeze/chilled will do that better than anything.

i did not bother picking up the spell dodge since you will be able to eat spell damage for lunch with the amount of insta life leech you'll have.
oh right, you also have +2.5% of life regenerated per second. that takes a huge chunk out of blood rage cost immediately.

A Con here is you're really crammed for stat points. you'd definitely need +int and +str from gear in order to meet reqs, but if thats the least of your worries then you're sitting pretty
Last edited by iRace82 on Sep 16, 2013, 10:45:18 PM
Hmm yeah I think I'll leave melee CI for later. Auxium + freeze passives seem like a good solution though.

Do you think using discharge would be useful? You don't spec supporting passives but you're generating charges with blood rage and enduring cry already.

"
this is my proposed dual claw build with high HP to survive 1 shots

If you're trying to avoid 1 shots, wouldn't Iron Reflexes make more sense? And Acrobatics doesn't help the cause assuming you would otherwise use some hybrid armor and granite flasks. I'm thinking IR might synergize better with leech even with OP's build (though he does make a good argument in the guide for evasion), especially if you want to get away with less HP nodes.

"
i start at ranger because seriously, ranger starting point is fricking awesome

Agreed, especially for hardcore.

"
I also made it a point to pick up the 15% chance to avoid status effects, 40% chance to avoid chilled and 40% chance to avoid frozen because lets be honest, the first thing that'll kill you is if you stop attacking and freeze/chilled will do that better than anything.

Those are probably more useful for CI. With HP, I'm guessing you can just use flasks for the occasional freeze? I was killed in hardcore by ice spear though, so I can see the value :)
ya...honestly the original build there is pretty damn solid, probably wouldn't change much other than starting with ranger over shadow. However shadow looks a lot cooler, so thats a toss up because looks do matter to me in characters.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info