[1.2.0] Dual Claws Are Cool

"
shrandis wrote:
"
skyflash88 wrote:
"
shrandis wrote:

How do I progress?

Thanks for taking time to post all these suggestions, but with my current currencies, I can't even do one thing you suggested. I don't have enough sockets/links for all those gems, I don't have most of the gems either.

How should I farm so I can afford these stuff?

rank up your iiq and iir and do lots of ledge/docks runs
"
shrandis wrote:

Thanks for taking time to post all these suggestions, but with my current currencies, I can't even do one thing you suggested. I don't have enough sockets/links for all those gems, I don't have most of the gems either.

Well at that lvl you probably should have at least a couple of chaos worth of currency.
Not sute of the current rates in standart but it should be something like:
1chaos=2alch=2fuse=8jewells=16alts
Most traders are willing to accept alches or fuses instead of chaos orbs.

To get currency - make a shop thread that poe.xyz.is will index and sell stuff - you best bet would be selling gems since most of the items you'll get will be worth close to nothing.

Like ftsforever said, you can and should farm Ledge in merc (since your dps is low just join a party - there's almost always one farming Ledge). Then Fellshrine in act2 and City of Sarn or Docks in act 3.

Many players level like that - farm an easy location in an Act, rush through the act, farm in the next act and rush the next act and so on. Don't forget that there are almost always parties for quests and boss kills, just look at the Noticeboard and if there is none available - make your own party. Killing bosses it's way easier that way.

Last edited by skyflash88 on Apr 23, 2014, 3:23:19 AM
"
shrandis wrote:

Shrandis, I was in a similar position as you and am now level 77 absolutely destroying 70+maps and anything merciless has to throw at me.

From looking at your gear, I would say your priorities are:

Upgrading claws
Upgrading chest
Get some HP on your jewelry (you don't need dps on jewelry right now, you get it from claws).

You say that you don't have money, but you can get some serious upgrades for cheap. How much money do you have? I'd be happy to give you some good deals on rings/ammys that I don't use anymore.

I assume that you have followed the OP's passive tree fairly accurately, but if not, please post it. Again... hp is very important. Try to get multi-strike instead of added fire damage. Also... be VERY careful using blood rage if you don't have chaos resist. Personally, I have -60% chaos resist, so I stopped using it. If I really want frenzy charges, I just use 'frenzy' attack.

Feel free to msg me in game @ chofmann. I'm usually on weekends and evenings after 10pm EST.

Good luck and don't give up!

FWIW, I think this build is fantastic, but suffers a major weakness from levels 55-68-ish as you suffer through increasingly difficult baddies but can't yet afford good equipment. Just trudge through... eventually you will laugh in Dominus' face.
alright so ive been trying out this build and i can definately vouch for it.
its a load of fun and the dps is pretty darn good as well (screenies at lvl 66 to confirm, ive manipulated the image so i can show more than one dps at once without having to post multiple pics)

it can clear levels faster than anything i have tried before, and after getting a bloodseeker i have only experienced 2 types of death.
One being to desync... the build is so damn fast flickering everywhere that you will desync A LOT, but if you pay attention you will rarely ever die to it.

the second one though is what brings me here.
Physical reflecting mobs:
this is my one and true nemesis, i can never even see it coming, coz by the time i flicker into one i insta die due to how high my dps is compared to my life and armour =/

so here is the question..
how do you guys deal with it?
do you just shrug it off and avoid them, or am i missing something in here?

thanks for reading and any possible info :D

Last edited by ftsforever on Apr 23, 2014, 11:11:42 AM
"
ftsforever wrote:

Do you always die on phys reflect?

AFAIK Flicker strike alternates between weapons. My guess for the cause of your problem:
For a single attack with FS (supported by multistrike)
- hit 1st mob (or mob pack dosn't matter) with Bloodseeker, loose (for example) 60% hp then leech back instantly - all is ok!
- hit 2nd mob with off hand, loose the same 60%hp because of reflect and start leeching over time
- hit 3rd mob with bloodseeker (this happens right after hitting 2nd mob and your hp is still at 40%!), you loose another 60% due to reflect and die. ='(

Haven't used Flicker with claws, but with Dual strike (or cyclone) have no problems with reflect/double reflect or anything at all but descync (note: i'm using a pure evasion Acrobatics version of this build).

IF and ONLY IF you survive sometimes after hitting a reflect pack:
Change your off hand claw to another one with more attack speed. If it has the same dps as the old one the overall damage output will stay almost the same. You'll deal less damage per hit, but hit more often - so situations like the one I described above *should* happen less often.
And there's the obvious stack more hp/armour ofc.

Also depending on the passives you have, you might try using bloodseeker with a shield. It will lower your current (and potential) dps, but you'll have no problems with reflect at all =D.
Last edited by skyflash88 on Apr 23, 2014, 5:00:42 PM
"
skyflash88 wrote:
"
ftsforever wrote:

Do you always die on phys reflect?

AFAIK Flicker strike alternates between weapons. My guess for the cause of your problem:
For a single attack with FS (supported by multistrike)
- hit 1st mob (or mob pack dosn't matter) with Bloodseeker, loose (for example) 60% hp then leech back instantly - all is ok!
- hit 2nd mob with off hand, loose the same 60%hp because of reflect and start leeching over time
- hit 3rd mob with bloodseeker (this happens right after hitting 2nd mob and your hp is still at 40%!), you loose another 60% due to reflect and die. ='(

Haven't used Flicker with claws, but with Dual strike (or cyclone) have no problems with reflect/double reflect or anything at all but descync (note: i'm using a pure evasion Acrobatics version of this build).

IF and ONLY IF you survive sometimes after hitting a reflect pack:
Change your off hand claw to another one with more attack speed. If it has the same dps as the old one the overall damage output will stay almost the same. You'll deal less damage per hit, but hit more often - so situations like the one I described above *should* happen less often.
And there's the obvious stack more hp/armour ofc.

Also depending on the passives you have, you might try using bloodseeker with a shield. It will lower your current (and potential) dps, but you'll have no problems with reflect at all =D.

Yeah after trying it out a little bit to see how exactly i was dying (this might have involved filming it and inspecting frame by frame.. i need a life lol) i can now confirm that the first bloodseeker hit is what kills me, the problem is my dps is currently A LOT bigger than my hp total, so i dont even have time to leech back the attack (even though it should be instant the leech still takes one frame to trigger which is one frame too much since this happens after the frame in which reflect physical happens)

and here i was really happy with how my dps was doing :P

in hindsight though:
clearing levels is so damn fast and easy (barring desync and physical reflect) that the occasional 10% hit to xp (at lvl 67) is still negligible when you compare how much xp per minute you can get with such high dps
this is something i will have to address in a few levels when i take the build to maps :D
"
ftsforever wrote:

Yeah after trying it out a little bit to see how exactly i was dying (this might have involved filming it and inspecting frame by frame.. i need a life lol) i can now confirm that the first bloodseeker hit is what kills me, the problem is my dps is currently A LOT bigger than my hp total, so i dont even have time to leech back the attack (even though it should be instant the leech still takes one frame to trigger which is one frame too much since this happens after the frame in which reflect physical happens)

in hindsight though:
clearing levels is so damn fast and easy (barring desync and physical reflect) that the occasional 10% hit to xp (at lvl 67) is still negligible when you compare how much xp per minute you can get with such high dps
this is something i will have to address in a few levels when i take the build to maps :D

What is your hp / armor? I have personally never died due to reflect.... for me it is just desync, the rare 1hko, or perma-stun/frozen (usually only in maps with huge dps / cold damage / chilled ground / temporal chains..... I hate temporal chains...)
"
chofmann wrote:
"
ftsforever wrote:

in hindsight though:

What is your hp / armor? I have personally never died due to reflect.... for me it is just desync, the rare 1hko, or perma-stun/frozen (usually only in maps with huge dps / cold damage / chilled ground / temporal chains..... I hate temporal chains...)

yeah i have adjusted a little a bit of and now its not that much of problem anymore.. just had to up my hp and learn to pop a granite flask :P
my current hp is on the low end(1180), im just now starting to take the life nodes
and the armor im using is good but not ideal, im currently saving up for a daresso's defiance perfect roll so that should fix some of my problems
also trying to get a better crafted belt than the one i currently have to get a few extra hp
for reference this is my current setup
Spoiler
Wow.... you badly need more hp. I have over 3k @ levle 77, and had around 2500 throughout the 60s. With the abyssus (50% increased physical damage taken), you DEFINITELY need more hp....

My Gear

(I know... I need a higher dps claw)
i know right.. lol
my hp is laughable at best currently. i have skipped most life nods up to this point in favour of dps
and to be fair i havent really felt too bad about it, apart from physical reflecting mobs and the occasional 1hko lol
the way i try to justify it to myself is that even if i die while grinding xp the xp loss is offset by how fast i can clear docks and gain more xp than i had lost.
in the end the xp per minute ratio that having a higher dps gives me kinda offsets the occasional death.
obviously now that im nearing lvl70 and maps are gonna be a thing then im gonna prioritize hp over extending my dps if that makes any sense :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info