[1.2.0] Dual Claws Are Cool

http://www.twitch.tv/kirielis/c/3562331

There. Now will you stop bothering me about it?
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
In beta I wanted to try a tanky life leech claw build with vaal pact. I always wanted a unique that gave instant leech without the drawback but I didn't know they actually added one :).

Made this as my first endgame char since release and I'm enjoying it. I went evasion and acrobatics and don't regret it. I feel super tanky with this build and am almost immune to projectile damage especially with enfeeble curse. (and I don't even have hellion paw yet)

definitely a solid build for untwinked chars because it has high defense independent of gear
So my character is level 71 now, and I do pretty well.

I tried cyclone like OP is using, but desync makes it really hard, risky, and cyclone dps seems to be significantly lower and less efficient since you might just stop hitting things.

Am I missing something on whirling blades? It seems really crappy, yet people socket for it.

Reave is actually alright, but the splash area acts weird and without concentrated effect its far less dps. This means you end up with a really small, unpredictable splash with dps on par with dual strike.

So dual strike really seems to be the winner.

One note for anyone trying this build: You will suck until you get bloodseeker. When you cannot lifesteal faster than you take incoming damage, you just die. Once I got my bloodseeker I went from dying in the docks to soloing maps. You need to be able to LS faster than you take damage.

Also, people underestimate how cheap this build is compared to others. It's a great 'first character' build because it doesn't rely on really specific or expensive gear.

Though I'd like to throw this out there as a really good chest for this build:
"
doesn't rely on really specific or expensive gear

"
You will suck until you get bloodseeker

I mean, don't get me wrong, I like this build as a cheap(ish) starter and I do agree that bloodseeker is a huge survivability jump. Just really wanted to point out the contradiction there.

OP updated with video link, which should have been done a long time ago really.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
Last edited by Kirielis on Feb 21, 2014, 10:36:35 PM
+
or BoR for this build ?
I follow your build for my first character and I must say that I enjoy the game. So far I'm not hitting any difficulty I can't overcome.
Bloodseeker is a good claw but I wasn't diying a lot before I got it (it must be because I got this claw in Cruel tho').
I use dual strike + melee splash + multistrike + mana leech. I had problems with my mana because mind drinker wasn't enought but hopefully this support gem is really helpful to solve it. I also use the Haste aura to be even faster and increase my DPS. Of course an aura diminish my mana pool but it's always full anyway with mana leech.

I'm grateful for this build, so far I played 96 hours on it (it's not a lot for PoE but IMHO it's a proof that this build is fun enough). Thank you very much
MS doesn't work with claws though?
"
gards wrote:

Multistrike? Sure works on my Scion!
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
gards wrote:

Multistrike? Sure works on my Scion!

Meleesplash
Splash works fine. My claw Scion, Dual Strike + Melee Splash + Multistrike + Melee dmg + Added fire - works very well!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info