[1.2.0] Dual Claws Are Cool

Anyone trying this on nemesis? What level have you gotten to?
I spent the weekend clearing a few characters through normal. One of them was my dual claws duelist. One guy in global chat said he'd never seen a HC-viable dual wield build...going to prove him wrong.

Of course, the discussion wouldn't be complete without bringing up player types. While the link is for MtG, it actually applies pretty well to ARPGs.

MtG player types

Which profile do you fall under, and why are you playing dual-claws?
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
"
Kirielis wrote:
and why are you playing dual-claws?

I like being a bit of an "assassin" and claws just seem nice. Melee close combat, it got skills that I like etc. It's more how "I see my character" . And also because it seems to be a viable option without having the best gear. So win-win for me :)

Speaking of, I'm a bit struggling atm in normal at the end of act 3 (docks, solaris, etc). It's mostly when there are a lot of monsters around me I'm dying without even being able to make a hit. I guess I'm getting freezed, stunned, slowed and can't make any hit until I got stroke back, pushed back, or stunned or frozen again.

Or maybe a desync issue I'm not quite sure. But also struggeling when I'm frozen/slowed to get enough hits to leach back life. Without these debuffs I'm fine going against everything atm. Any advice? Thanks :)

Oh well, now I'm literally stuck at Dominus. Managed to kill the adds but I don't survive anything in is first phase I do before I even get close :/ 2-3 explosions from his adds and I'm done.
Last edited by Feoras on Oct 27, 2013, 3:47:39 PM
Sounds like a resists issue. Or a HP one, but resists are a much bigger factor unless you've been taking 0 HP nodes.
Hello all!

I'm currently sitting at level 52 and wrecking everything with this build.
Still have to kill Dominius in cruel. I had such a hard time in normal with him(got help)

I had mana and hp trouble til I bought some decent claws (50 to 150 dmg)

Except resistances being bad due to gear I'm owning (3k+ dps on dual strike tooltip using frenzy charges) and have no mana problems end of act 3 cruel.

I'm also running cyclone + BM + blind + added fire but as you said you sacrifice damage for utility (blind op)

@Fehoras Do you have dispels on you flasks? I do get frozen too (i have -3% ice tho)

@Kirielis how do you choose between eva and armor flask? Get both?

Do you use cast on damage taken?

Thanks for the build !
IGN : Swisside | Swissleap | DemArchers
Last edited by Swisside on Oct 28, 2013, 12:20:12 AM
really liking this build so far, have yet to get into using BM+cyclone+blind, but that seems really fun!! im using dual strike+melee splash and its killing things really well.

i am currently remaking the build because i got a free respec, and im level 47 shadow, just wondering if i should adjust the build early on and get a few passives that are near by before venturing to the duelist side.
I am having some trouble with resists, and i am pretty squishy, but after the reset i will have ondars guile and more hp nodes which i didnt have before.

the nodes i am thinking about are Falcon Claws, nullification and Void Barrier.

Have you ever tried using those three nodes i mentioned?
or should i prioritize getting to dervish and diamond flesh over those?it will take me longer, but maybe i could just spend a few respec points by then. thoughts?

currently i am here: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYB_5MeGjBUmVcoKrVIbXtVSyaV646uzzZCqBoPq-d0YeI2PYhr44QOSKc0pcsM8gW1tMVAVW9XDI0NSY2_UUc-z73m-WMa20xgBLGVZgOHcHIbrdN-MHx_K9aKPWWSgLGz7UGMNusUFfA6WAR-hxljQw==

oh and awesome to see a MTG reference, my characters name is MishrasHelix so yeah i would say i am a Johnny! dual claws? well because i mained assassin in d2 and that b!tch is awesome.
Last edited by CrystalTrees on Oct 28, 2013, 1:17:36 AM
Hello, so Im thinking of following your build.. bu t making a slight change for your aoe section. Would using Spectral throw (enhanced with most likely LMP+something else, havent decided yet) still retain the benefits from all the claw nodes without the need for iron grip?
"
Kirielis wrote:
Sounds like a resists issue. Or a HP one, but resists are a much bigger factor unless you've been taking 0 HP nodes.

I took some HP nodes, at least all that you have in there that my lvl allows me too. In total I think 6 nodes. I think I'm around 800 or 900 HP.

Which res would I need against those monsters? Those that Dominus spawns, those red zombies that explodes near you. 2-3 kill me :/
Hi guys n girls just to say hi , and well show my basicly copyed build version of it, whitout the frenzy charges.

So here it is this is whrere i am currently sitting on.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABLEFtQyNDUkOSA-rGtseGiaVKCowVDB8Nj02QjqzPWVAVUp9TGBNklFHVUtW-mHiZ6Bte29XdEF3138rh3aIa4w2jX2Nv5AKkoCVZplXnyenNKgaqn-quK7PsbO0xbVI1ordDd7244TndOjW6xTrju1B7g78xf-T

My main prolems is gear :// unfortunatly i seam to be able only to get green/blue gear 3+ 4+ sockets so cant fit any red gems .... so been doing what i can whit what i have.

Atm Act 2 cruel, Tanked whole Dominion end boss from first to last spawn was the only1 who didnt die at all.

Gems i am using atm : Double Strike+Crit-Dual Strike+Crit-WB+Fire Trap+Spectral Throw +LMP and Clarity.
( so basicly mass mobs in out WB + fire trap + Spectral )
( boss/unique ecc Dual+Double )

Just wanted ur tought on it and any recomandations what to do or where to try farming.
( NOT BIG FAN OF BUYING GEAR )

Best gear i got my hands on is x2
Spoiler
http://prntscr.com/20969y
Spoiler
http://prntscr.com/2096c8
@Swisside
"
how do you choose between eva and armor flask? Get both?

Do you use cast on damage taken?

I believe I will stick with the granite. For me, since I don't take Acrobatics and I have near enough to 0 base armour, granite is more helpful. But flask choices are pretty personal, so if you find jade works better for you, by all means go ahead.

CDT - EC - IC - MS is currently many kinds of broken. Or replace one of these with Vulnerability or Enfeeble or Temporal Chains, or even Warlord's Mark. (And of course, if you have immortal call perma on, you may as well use a jade flask.) The issue is that you may or may not have enough sockets to do all that.

@CrystalTrees
"
the nodes i am thinking about are Falcon Claws, nullification and Void Barrier.

Have you ever tried using those three nodes i mentioned?
or should i prioritize getting to dervish and diamond flesh over those?it will take me longer, but maybe i could just spend a few respec points by then. thoughts?

Are you even anywhere near Falcon Claws? That's like six points away, mostly travel nodes. Ditto Void Barrier. Nullification I can kind of see why, two points for 8% resists and 10% ev isn't fantastic but it's solid. For Nullification and Void Barrier, let me suggest Acrobatics as a solid one-point alternative. For Falcon Claws...it'd be great if you were CI GR crit, but going from where you are now it is probably not worthwhile.

Instead, Dervish (10% dw block) is absolutely brilliant. For 2 points, you can get 1% regen in the ranger start area. Actually, for a little bit less in strict points efficiency, Blade Barrier is also down there. And more than Diamond Flesh, Golem's Blood is also in duelist area. Block chance and %regen, mmm.

@shotzo
"
Hello, so Im thinking of following your build.. bu t making a slight change for your aoe section. Would using Spectral throw (enhanced with most likely LMP+something else, havent decided yet) still retain the benefits from all the claw nodes without the need for iron grip?

I haven't yet tested spectral throw fully, and it doesn't mesh too well with Rain anyway. That said. Spectral Throw will benefit from all nodes taken except the ones specified as "melee", and STR will not affect the projectile damage unless you do take IG. Business as usual. Do let me know how it goes with ST?

@Feoras, explosion damage is usually fire elemental.

@Perverznium
"
Just wanted ur tought on it and any recomandations what to do or where to try farming.
( NOT BIG FAN OF BUYING GEAR )

Glad to see you're enjoying the build!

I suggest picking up gear with the right socket combinations and using alchs, rather than "farming" gear. It's cheaper. Any level-appropriate zone will do, which really just means ledge fellshrine docks.
Last edited by Kirielis on Oct 28, 2013, 8:09:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info