[GUIDE] 1339 Fireball Shotgun/CI Sorc v1.0.0

"
TroySpiral wrote:
I mentioned the two void batteries idea to kripp on his stream and he suggested "just getting a very good rare wand" (or 2) and seemed to favor a shield over two wands. (probably becasue he plays HC/onslaught) The theory i guess was that unless you always , all the time have your charges up , the epic wand would be better. I'm fairly new (just have one character, the level 80 LS templar) so im not arguing, just thinking out loud.

Well the thing is, only women play with a shield. I don't personally have anything against those with ovaries, so if anyone wishes to use a shield instead of dual wand ownage that is their choice.

As far as charges go, as long as you play at a decent speed you will have no problem maintaining power charges. Frenzy is another story - you may have some issues in large groups since everyone is competing for kills. I personally only play with 2-3 people at a time so this is never an issue for me. Like I said, you have Diamond Flask just in case you need to refresh charges in a hurry.
Last edited by MetalheadNorm on Jul 23, 2013, 1:59:39 AM
"
MetalheadNorm wrote:

Well the thing is, only women play with a shield. I don't personally have anything against those with ovaries, so if anyone wishes to use a shield instead of dual wand ownage that is their choice.

Sounds like sexism...
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73928 <-- [Newbie Friendly] Marauder Melee Build
IGN: NinjaArabStrategist
^GTFO
saw this build in a lunaris group and was fucking sick.. 2 minute lunaris run lol
IGN : MxZeal _____________________________________________ Youtube.com/user/mshadow1994
Last edited by MxZeal on Jul 25, 2013, 1:06:22 AM
"
MxZeal wrote:
saw this build in a lunaris group and was fucking sick.. 2 minute lunaris run lol

Named PowerCosmic? It may have been me.

Glad you were able to witness the ownage, though you should try it yourself =]
Last edited by MetalheadNorm on Jul 25, 2013, 2:47:37 AM
Been trying a build very similar to this, having trouble getting the stat requirements but it seems good. The blacksmith is a bastard though, just have to pretend he isnt there if im solo. =/

Have had many "pro" players suggest
instead and "just play carefully" although that would rule out the facetanking.
Last edited by TroySpiral on Jul 27, 2013, 12:03:12 PM
Well you can Bless up to 35 implicit STR on your belt for +9 and keep a better pair of gloves up to 7 more dex. Even I can't max out my LMP and F Proj (they're like 17 or 18). Honestly I would just try to find a better heavy belt. My current one puts me at 108STR which is 1 shy of being able to max my red gems.

What is your tooltip dps? Blacksmith should be a cakewalk. As long as you rush in to facetank + shotgun, you should be able to kill him long before he kills you. When things get tough in any circimstance NEVER RETREAT! Your shotgun leech is the best survivability option.

P.s. for the love of god please divine that 12% battery x.x
Last edited by MetalheadNorm on Jul 27, 2013, 1:21:39 PM
@OT: Thank you for sharing your experience with community. There are some good ideas.

But the described build is not really optimal, imo. The required equip is too expensive and the described result of DPS/survivability is not enough for that price. Much higher overall DPS is possible with lesser effort and higher survivability.

7k dps as fire dmg is not enough to oneshot many mobs, that means you need to cast longer. lacking of any block chance makes every melee attack make damage (not just 3/4 while wearing a shield). This build is lacking crowd control, better said, it has none. So with this build you will die periodical. I mean, everybody dies sometimes, but this build makes that sure.

You can have fun playing a described fire witch, but this build is not viable to reach a high clvl without playing 24/7.
░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
Il███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..
Last edited by bersi23 on Jul 27, 2013, 9:08:13 PM
Bersi23, I took the time to write and test all of this myself, so if you could refrain from coming in here talking about things you know nothing about, that'd be great. Your reading comprehension leaves much to be desired. Several of your half-asses assertions directly contradict the things written in the guide but you have no experience or evidence to back it up.

Not optimal? Please demonstrate your superior build.
No crowd control? Things die before anyone has a chance to control them.
Die periodically? No. The whole point of this build is to face-tank.
Low DPS? You're kidding. The single-target is in practice 50k+ with penetrating shotgun. You're not getting much higher than that unless you sacrifice face tanking and go for a shav low life build.

Hybrid Widow (the 69 map boss) dies in three hits.

So please, if you have nothing of value to add, please exit the thread.
0815 folks like you have the same problem: you follow fix rules, you are not able to think outside the box. you talk about rules, fix schemas like shavrones + xyz OR void battery + xyz. Or nothing else.

The world of possibilities is much larger than this 0815 way of thinking.

I just tested a bit around and I came to 12k tooltip dps with FB LMP. Having 6k ES. Without charges. And my only unique I wear is maligaros virtuosity. With a better offhand wand tootip dps can go much higher, probably 15k+.

And know what? I dont oneshot stuff on maps like you describe. Maybe you play alone in merci docks?
Please, just post a short gameplay video to show us how you oneshot mobs on lvl 68+ maps.

/EDIT:

I had to grin reading this:
"
MetalheadNorm wrote:
Bersi23, I took the time to write and test all of this myself, so if you could refrain from coming in here talking about things you know nothing about,

I play this game as a witch very active for 2 years, so yes, I can come here and talk about things you seem to know not enough about :)
░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
Il███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..
Last edited by bersi23 on Jul 28, 2013, 3:19:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info