Season Three, Event 65: 12 Minute Turbo Solo

Coral ring drop in terraces = 2nd in class. Thought i had 1st but the final update said no, oh well!

Huge desyncs in flats with teleporting rhoas left me flaskless entering submerged, then a terminal desync in upper had me trapped in a deadend with 5 life and 30+ squids after me, half of which were blue. The lead squid then randomly went afk in the 1-monster wide passage, staving off certain death.

The theme for these sprints is definitely "better lucky than skilled".

GG all, see you next race!
IGN: KoTao
"
Retep wrote:
OMG I actually had this race in the bag, hands down. Just had to not die. Sure enough desync to turbo rhoas literally just before lower submerged. Was first to level 3 and level 4 but died right after that. Got this crazy gear within like first 2 minutes (like first drop after hillock was an alch and used it on the wep):

Lots of people get ganked by Rhoas in Mud Flats in Turbo races. I've found that killing them as they come and never just running away or by them (unless it's like 1-2 of them) is the best way to handle it.

Turning your back to a pack could end with death (which is what it sounds like you're describing, running to the zone entrance). As soon as I see a few at the edge of the screen, I face them and spam a skill as they charge. Usually they charge into my attack and it stops them (or enough of them to survive). It's really easy with Freezing Pulse since it can freeze them mid charge, but I've done it with Cleave (start Cleaving before they are even at me) and stun them mid charge as well.

This might sound obvious and I don't mean to insult your intelligence, just sharing my experience with new people mostly. I've only died once to the Rhoas during Turbo and it's because I was running away from them instead of just spamming their faces.

Of course, there are some circumstances that are exceptions, like being surrounded by a ton of them.

I also try to wear a Shabby Jerkin if I can because it doesn't slow as much as Plate but helps evade charges (they couldn't be evaded until a recent patch).

Have an /OOS macro ready to go at key moments also, like right after all the Rhoas do their first charge.
|____________ G . L . O . W . Y . R . M ____________|
< My PoE career highlight, Being beat by Throzz, hehe >
||||||\\\\\~ http://tinyurl.com/2ndPlaceToThrozz ~/////||||||

Last edited by Glowyrm on Jul 13, 2013, 11:38:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info