Race Point Reward Mechanics for Multiple Characters

I was trying useless things to experiment with race rewarding system. In the Season Three, Event 33: 1 Hour Solo I ended up with 3 alive characters which are level 7, 7 and 10.

Looking at the prize list
  • Level 10-12: 4 Reward Points
  • Level 7-9: 3 Reward Points

I expect to get 3 + 3 + 4 points but instead I got 7 points. Is there a unwritten limit or rule regarding this?
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
There is a rule that covers your concerns.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/44360
I guess you are pointing to:
"
You should not make multiple characters in a league to attempt to receive multiple level-threshold prizes.

but then if that was the case I shouldn't even get 7 points.

Also seeing;
"
At the end of the event, we will award the prizes in the Hardcore league on a character that we add to your account.

makes me suspicious about the post being up-to-date.
You make a fair point, they should update the rules involving the reward process and creating a new character (on their end) to do so. Outside of that, the rule is highest level character for rewards. Only one character counts. There are more than one way to get points besides level thresholds, but I am assuming you met none of those.

Best guess on why you received 7 points would be a clerical error that I haven't seen in the past, or you participated in a different event for 3 points and simply forgot.
"
Laellu wrote:
Best guess on why you received 7 points would be a clerical error that I haven't seen in the past, or you participated in a different event for 3 points and simply forgot.

I just entered that race to check the rewarding system so I'm pretty sure that it was 7 points in the same race. I also know from experience that multiple characters in the same race can get rewarded because I tried similar thing in descent race (but that was with 2 characters).

So my guess is there exist a max 2 character limit or something is wrong and this should be considered a bug.
It looks to me like you can only receive points from each bracket once. So you only got credit for one of your level 7s
"
Dustician wrote:
It looks to me like you can only receive points from each bracket once. So you only got credit for one of your level 7s

That was also my other guess. I'm planning to test this out in the next 1h race, if that is the case I'll update the post.
Last edited by ignarsoll on Jul 8, 2013, 10:01:49 AM
"
ignarsoll wrote:
I guess you are pointing to:
"
You should not make multiple characters in a league to attempt to receive multiple level-threshold prizes.
but then if that was the case I shouldn't even get 7 points.
It isn't this way, but it damn well should be.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I've tested this several times.

It has been my experience that during a race, you will get the point thresh hold per different class leveled to different thresh hold.

I've received 3 and 4 points in the same race for leveling a templar & a witch to the 3pt and 4pt thresh hold.

I've also leveled multiple duelists to the same 3 point thresh hold and only received points for one of those duelist.

One thing I am not sure of is whether the multiple character's/classes per race is limited to 2 or 3 alts.

I believe handing out points for multiple classes reaching different point thresh holds in same race is a bug...but it's a nice bug for those of us who can never break the top 10 for their class:p

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info