Europe needs more races in the evening

Hi,

i just wanted to let you guys at GGG know that i think there are too less races in the evening for european players.

There is usually downtime from 7pm - 11pm CET where as in the afternoon (where "older" ppl like have have to work) there is almost every 2 hours 1 race.

I think there would be enough players to participate in the evening...

Last edited by Esfandiari on Jul 4, 2013, 3:34:59 PM
"
Esfandiari wrote:
Hi,

i just wanted to let you guys at GGG know that i think there are too less races in the evening for european players.

There is usually downtime from 7pm - 11pm CET where as in the afternoon (where "older" ppl like have have to work) there is almost every 2 hours 1 race.

I think there would be enough players to participate in the evening...

Agree with this.

For me, in the UK, there's two evening race 'slots' - 6pm and 10pm.

'Prime time' for weeknight gaming (for anyone with a job), is 7pm-midnight, really - leaving just the 10pm slot as viable for a lot of working people. And this slot is empty up to 4 nights per week.

The schedule seems very random, too - it'd be nice if it had some regularity - for example, knowing that there'd be an evening Descent event every Monday and Thursday, or something?

It's going to be hard to make every time zone happy without adding a lot more events to the schedule. There's probably more than enough players to support maybe twice the number of events - but the reward system would need some tweaking - maybe only awarding points for the first N races per week?
Last edited by bluescrn on Jul 11, 2013, 5:19:14 AM
+1. I must complete my job, take some time with the family and only after it, late in the evening - PoE time. I WANT THAT DAMN RACES BADLY!!111 :), but unfortunately for my TZ (GMT+4) I have almost zero chance to participate...

GGG, do something, please!
IGN: ScionEK_DD, Discharge_DD, LuxInTenebris, WitchingHour_DD, TZ: GMT+4, PM if offline.
Can you give me example race numbers for ones that suit your time zone. If there are none, tell me which ones are close and which way they would need to move to be ideal.

First of all, I'm happy that GGG paying attention to players wishes :), thanks a lot!

To me it would be ideal to have races starting around 10PM in my timezone (GMT+4). If it is a short race, even 11PM would be just fine. Nowdays 9PM start seems a little early for me to complete some RL stuff (my son don't want to sleep that early ;) ).
IGN: ScionEK_DD, Discharge_DD, LuxInTenebris, WitchingHour_DD, TZ: GMT+4, PM if offline.
Last edited by DareDen on Jul 25, 2013, 4:39:56 AM
EET/EEST here (GMT+2 during winter, +3 during summer). I would like to chime in for a 10PM slot, which translates to 11PM for DareDen (channeling the power of combined suggestion!).
Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!

This is an example of EEST timezone schedule, there is only 1 option in the evening which is at 8pm and then there is a 4 hour gap until 12pm.
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
"
Can you give me example race numbers for ones that suit your time zone. If there are none, tell me which ones are close and which way they would need to move to be ideal.

The slots don't have to move there must be an overall balance for every time zone aka fill the entire event shedule so everybody can participate at times he likes.

An alternative would be a strict shift plan not this randomness of a race shedule.

To those no lifers that cry that there would be too many races just reward points at the end of the week and only count the best 14-15(1/3 of the races) results. That would heavily affect their participation rate. Or count for example all 1h solo, 1h solo turbo etc as sub signature events, with points only for the best result.

Season 2 was GOOD because it covered many timeslots with the lack of creativity such as fix 1h fix 2h fix 3 same thing with party on the next day(don't do that!) or the idea of a shift plan to balance races.

Season 3 is the worst race shedule possible for the EU Zone.

For example how do you get the horrible idea to shedule an 8h Turbo race on Monday?!
8h automatically must mean Friday or Saturday so more players can participate.

Long races MUST be on friday or during the weekend.

3h races must be balanced for every time zone so they start during the evening.
You realize that 3h begininning at 11pm or 12am end at 2-3am? 4-5h sleep at best if you have to get up early more realistic are 3-3,5.

60min max for those late slots.
Or at last move those characters to another race league which starts in 24h.

In conclusion fill the entire race shedule meaning 42 events a week. Use a shift plan for example 2 signarture events for each time slot a week.
Then mix up other modes like 2 1h for the first 2 slots in one week then 3-4 for the next week.

Races >3h must start on friday/weekend

This way every timeslot has same balanced amount of events and if somebody can't participate during a 2pm event he can participate on a 7pm event the next week for example

"
Hilbert wrote:
"

The slots don't have to move there must be an overall balance for every time zone aka fill the entire event shedule so everybody can participate at times he likes.

Yes I also agree with this if a race slot could be added for 10pm EEST timezone, this would solve the problem easily.
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
Thanks for responding GGG :)

Well, in my opinion there should be one race every 2 hours, depending on the length of the race of course. 1 hour "downtime" seems alright to me.

¤ The race starting at 07:00 PM could be moved to 08:00
¤ The race starting at 11:00 PM could be moved to 10:00
¤ The race starting at 01:00 AM could be moved to 00:00

Longer races (3+ hours) should start at 08:00 PM

[ALL TIMES GMT +1]

If we have so many events then (could be around 60) we should only count the best results per week (top 20).

So "no lifer" cannot beat casuals so hard :P
Last edited by Esfandiari on Aug 9, 2013, 4:15:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info