Rogues too strong for summoners?

I'm all up for a challenge ... but some rogues (like that arrow rain one .. Orra Greensoemthing) kill soff all minions real quick and then you .. not much you can do there as a summoner. Same was in merciless for the leap slamming (damo Tui or something) rogue ... so much regen, that my 22 minions and my arcing couldn't get him down before I couldn't continue .... and my build isn't that bad, I just don't walk around decked out in uniques.

Those things need to be toned down a little ... such fast AoE damage etc is just too much for summoners I think. While summoners have a good time against normal crowds, such bosses pose a problem.
Last edited by voonvoon on Jul 3, 2013, 6:28:29 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
They need to pose a problem.
Perhaps they should use AoE with "concentrated" effect to make it less destructive on minion masters.
Forum Warrior - Why are you creating a thread about this subject? Use Search!
Also Forum Warrior - Nice necro.
Whenever I come across big nasty AoE exiles, I just spam summon skeleton totems. It can take awhile, but there's few exiles I cannot kill.
I'm not minding a challenge, but quite a few are just impossible ... spamming AoE damage so silly fast, no way any of my minions sirvives ... that paired with a regen is impossible to kill for summoners. That's nto a challenge anymore, it's just impossible - which I find boring.
Make it a public group. Even if you enjoy soloing more, there is nothing wrong with getting a tiny little bit of help from time to time.
"
Nurvus wrote:

No, they don't. They are an unexpected and unwelcome presence in your map (if you're not specifically looking for them with the property that guarentees a number will spawn) and escalate what can already be a pleasant challenge into an impossible ordeal of exp loss.

"Challenging" would be: pulls you out of your comfort zone of mindless free-farming. Encountering an enemy who can two hit you without giving you any chance to react, much less retaliate, amidst a group of enemies you can kill without effort is not a challenge, it's either a sadistic joke or a glaring design flaw.

Balance them.
"
Narrrz wrote:
"
Nurvus wrote:

No, they don't. They are an unexpected and unwelcome presence in your map (if you're not specifically looking for them with the property that guarentees a number will spawn) and escalate what can already be a pleasant challenge into an impossible ordeal of exp loss.

"Challenging" would be: pulls you out of your comfort zone of mindless free-farming. Encountering an enemy who can two hit you without giving you any chance to react, much less retaliate, amidst a group of enemies you can kill without effort is not a challenge, it's either a sadistic joke or a glaring design flaw.

Balance them.

Is the weather nice over there at hyperbolia?
Oh, and "They need to pose a problem." does not mean "It's fine as it is.".

Try again next week.
Last edited by Nurvus on Oct 19, 2014, 7:11:45 PM
"
Nurvus wrote:

Try again next week.

I'm looking for constructive content in your response, but i'm just not seeing any...
"
Narrrz wrote:
I'm looking for constructive content in your response, but i'm just not seeing any...

Constructive? Easy.
"
Narrrz wrote:
comfort zone of mindless free-farming

PoE definitely wasn't made for that.
There are tons of korean MMO specifically designed for such needs.

End-game maps, for example, wasn't made for
"
Narrrz wrote:
mindless farming

You have regular areas for that; because you have unlimited town portals to use (maps provide 6 only) and you definitely know what to expect from Dominus.

What? It's not profitable to grind non-maps areas? Well, be prepared for Rogue Exile encounter(s) then. (shocking news: there are even MF builds which can handle it with ease exist)

As always, people want everything and instantly.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
"
Narrrz wrote:
"
Nurvus wrote:

Try again next week.

Maybe the foam coming out of your mouth covered so much of the screen you weren't able to read the part where I say:
"
Nurvus wrote:
Perhaps they should use AoE with "concentrated" effect to make it less destructive on minion masters.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info