[not updated for 1.0] HP Physical and Elemental Wander Guide (Power Siphon/Frenzy) | Oos

hi man, love the guide.

I found a wand this morning I am considering selling, but, a wander is somehting I havent done yet, and i want to try it out. So I have a question if thats cool, do you think this wand is good enough for the build or is the lack of flat ele on it or even phys in the quantities you have on yours going to stop it really being effective late game?

will auras and flat ele damage on rings, gloves, amulet be enough or am I always going to struggle in maps without more flat damage on the wand? If its good enough I'll keep it and make a build.

Thanks for your time bud, keep up the wanding.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
hi man, love the guide.

I found a wand this morning I am considering selling, but, a wander is somehting I havent done yet, and i want to try it out. So I have a question if thats cool, do you think this wand is good enough for the build or is the lack of flat ele on it or even phys in the quantities you have on yours going to stop it really being effective late game?

will auras and flat ele damage on rings, gloves, amulet be enough or am I always going to struggle in maps without more flat damage on the wand? If its good enough I'll keep it and make a build.

Thanks for your time bud, keep up the wanding.

The flat damage is a little low, but wont hold you back at all really, that's much better than my first few wands. Crit is very important, nice wand.
IGN: @Oos
Running a similar build, ES/Life power siphon witch. Not using Eldrich Battery though.

Gear:

Spec:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAP0EBwW1BfkHYwzyDkgRUBGWEb8UsBXwGYodFB8CJJ0pVC0fLYMxiTbFO-E-zz9zSoxKmkyzUDBRR1YtVytXh1m8XyphsWJaY0NnvW0Zc1N0VXjOfM5_xoCuh56Nv49GlciXBpuhm7WiBKKjpcunK6c0rH-0xbvWu-O95sBUwfPC7MM6xKLFKNDQ0PvTG9N-2wLbXt-Y4vfjhOaB6-Tub_F28hfy4fMF9lv3wflj-tL67_xk_ro=

Currently sitting at 2k life, 5k ES. With 6 frenzy charges up, I regen 250 ES per second. Solid build.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Last edited by Wadjet on Jul 23, 2013, 11:41:24 AM
"
Oosband wrote:

The flat damage is a little low, but wont hold you back at all really, that's much better than my first few wands. Crit is very important, nice wand.

thanks for the reply dude. My first instinct was that is was just too low, but I think Im going to start saving the rest of the gear I need to give this a go.
"
kolp wrote:
Running a similar build, ES/Life power siphon witch. Not using Eldrich Battery though.

Gear:

Spec:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAP0EBwW1BfkHYwzyDkgRUBGWEb8UsBXwGYodFB8CJJ0pVC0fLYMxiTbFO-E-zz9zSoxKmkyzUDBRR1YtVytXh1m8XyphsWJaY0NnvW0Zc1N0VXjOfM5_xoCuh56Nv49GlciXBpuhm7WiBKKjpcunK6c0rH-0xbvWu-O95sBUwfPC7MM6xKLFKNDQ0PvTG9N-2wLbXt-Y4vfjhOaB6-Tub_F28hfy4fMF9lv3wflj-tL67_xk_ro=

Currently sitting at 2k life, 5k ES. With 6 frenzy charges up, I regen 250 ES per second. Solid build.

Awesome build man. I've wanted to make a regen wander with those boots, just hard to find enough points for the build :D
grats on 5 off colours in the 6L lol, how many chromes did that take?

You spend 6 points to get Mana Geyser in the Ranger tree though, not really worth it, that part of the tree is really inefficient.
Do you plan on getting the Shadow crit nodes? they're very strong.
Last edited by Oos on Jul 24, 2013, 4:26:25 PM
"
kolp wrote:

Gear:

Spec:

Spoiler

Different take on the build, whats with the culling strike gem with powersiphon? just curious.
IGN - drewdog (physical_cannon)
(physical wanders - level 93 79k frenzy 38k lmp/chain)
"
Oosband wrote:

Awesome build man. I've wanted to make a regen wander with those boots, just hard to find enough points for the build :D
grats on 5 off colours in the 6L lol, how many chromes did that take?

You spend 6 points to get Mana Geyser in the Ranger tree though, not really worth it, that part of the tree is really inefficient.
Do you plan on getting the Shadow crit nodes? they're very strong.

Thanks. Took a bit over 2k chromes for those colors. I went for that mana geyser notable because I don't use a mana leech gem. I got that 2% mana leech node and as many mana nodes as I could. I can run 8 auras if I really wanted (6 on mana, 2 on life). Leaves me with a small mana pool, but insane regen that refills almost instantly.

"
Different take on the build, whats with the culling strike gem with powersiphon? just curious.

I was just experimenting with a 20/20 culling gem. I know PS has built in culling, but a 20/20 gem adds 10% ias and 22% projectile damage. switched back to LMP gem.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Last edited by Wadjet on Jul 25, 2013, 9:54:07 AM
hey Oos i really like the build have going and im thinking of trying it

which of these wands will be better for this build

Spoiler
Nice build Oos. I also thought of trying the HP based phys wander at some point because of the Eldritch battery (mana is cool), but also since you can run Arctic armour at higher levels.

However without bloodrage and that 10% life leech you do loose quite a bit. Not to mention you can grab vaal pact when CI.
If you have the sockets for it I would suggest linking arctic armour with increased duration. The ice it lays on the ground will stay there for twice as long!

Here is how I did:

Yes I have that slot only for the 7% movespeed, but even at lvl 1 Arctic armour slows the monsters which comes close and even better it can stop the annoying goatmen from jumping you midair! It even works on the dark forest (Oak)
Last edited by Harmster on Aug 15, 2013, 9:00:43 AM
"
nutsblaster wrote:
hey Oos i really like the build have going and im thinking of trying it

which of these wands will be better for this build

Spoiler

Hmm none of them are that amazing, but probably the Viper Thirst Omen Wand will be best to start with. Especially seeing as you wont have many of the physical wand nodes at the start.
You should be able to pick up a cheap wand upgrade fairly easily.

"
Harmster wrote:
Nice build Oos. I also thought of trying the HP based phys wander at some point because of the Eldritch battery (mana is cool), but also since you can run Arctic armour at higher levels.

However without bloodrage and that 10% life leech you do loose quite a bit. Not to mention you can grab vaal pact when CI.
If you have the sockets for it I would suggest linking arctic armour with increased duration. The ice it lays on the ground will stay there for twice as long!

Here is how I did:

Yes I have that slot only for the 7% movespeed, but even at lvl 1 Arctic armour slows the monsters which comes close and even better it can stop the annoying goatmen from jumping you midair! It even works on the dark forest (Oak)

Sick wand :D
Yeah I never thought increased duration was worth the gem slot. I also ran Enduring Cry and two curses, so never had the space for it. It is extremely good for kiting though.
Do you run Blood Rage on HP based? or are you playing a CI character currently?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info