Descent bosses should not be skippable!

The whole reason behind creating the descent races was to stop people skipping content and repeating zones for maximum Exp.
Its never ever going to be exactly fair. And its not going to be 100% fair from classes too.
Stop expecting this.
IF they wanted to make it fair they would have to
make the levels not Randomized.
make you have to clear every mob in every zone before moving on.
give the same drop rates.
Which would probably take the whole fun out of it.

If you cant skip zones they may as well remove the entire statue stage haha. no one kills anything there.
Just play them as they are and for the enjoyment. Race yourself and how you play it each time. You dont have to race the others.
I watched Helmans record run and he didn't skip a single boss and he got a great drop off the first boss. I do think bosses should be optional, because if you have had bad RNG then it simple takes too long to do it, or it would be suicide to attempt the kill even though you have fully cleared the zone. I think it is good the way it is.
I'm happy some people see it the way I do, shame the majority just wants path of running simulator.
"
VRShiva wrote:
I'm happy some people see it the way I do, shame the majority just wants path of running simulator.
It's really not that simple. After all, races are about your final XP, not the final dungeon you reached.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
As long as these races are about xp, there shouldn't be a constraint on how you achieve it. Why would builds that can aoe clear vs builds that single target clear be forced to clear parts that just waste their time? What it sounds like is more or less you want an endless wave arena battle mode.
Get chance and luck!
Would be nice to see a little bit more of a reward if you stop to kill a boss - whether it's XP or gear.

They can seem to take a disproportionate amount of time to kill. Even that very first snake boss takes quite a chunk of valuable time as melee, as it keeps running away...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info