Descent bosses should not be skippable!

Simple and easy, stop 80% from the players from just speed-walking through the instances and passing the bosses.

two solutions:

1 - Cannot leave the area before you've killed the boss.
2 - Chests appear once you have killed the boss.

My vote goes to 1 because it sometimes comes in handy to take the chests before engaging the boss.

IMO this running passed the boss and looting the chests and just continuing to the next realm is a fraud to the new race type!
Hell no. Some bosses are not even at the exit of the zone. So I find the exit but can't leave, I have to go roam around trying to find the damn boss than backtrack like an idiot.
And pls go kill every boss if you like. I especially advise you to go melee Merv, her daughters and exploding shit with negative resists. It's such fun!
"
MyH4o wrote:
Hell no. Some bosses are not even at the exit of the zone. So I find the exit but can't leave, I have to go roam around trying to find the damn boss than backtrack like an idiot.
And pls go kill every boss if you like. I especially advise you to go melee Merv, her daughters and exploding shit with negative resists. It's such fun!

Thanks for explaining my point, more skill needed if you can't pass bosses. instead of yeey I can _run_ maps the fastest... bosses can be adjusted to it if not pick up a bow when you want to range a boss...
"
VRShiva wrote:
"
MyH4o wrote:

Thanks for explaining my point, more skill needed if you can't pass bosses. instead of yeey I can _run_ maps the fastest... bosses can be adjusted to it if not pick up a bow when you want to range a boss...

I supported your point how? I already explained why making killing bosses mandatory won't work. Not all of them block the freakin exit!!!

P.S. I see you play a ranger - let me ask you - do you kill the bosses in the first few zones? And how do you feel about that if you do -
a) a fun and rewarding affair
b) tedious and a complete waste of time
Last edited by MyH4o on Jul 1, 2013, 10:55:15 AM
For me the fact that I can choose to encounter a boss (and get maybe the long needed upgrade!?) or not depending on my skills, my current equip or even the amount of pots being ready adds a level of strategy I simply don't want to dismiss.

Imo, it would be pretty boring to make the bosses mandatory.
I disagree. I think bosses should be optional, but they need to have drops worth the time invested. Taking on a boss should be a strategic choice. You lose time and XP fighting a boss, but will the drops you get outweigh the difference moving forward. As it stands now, the answer is clearly no. But if their rewards were bumped quite a bit, then perhaps taking that 30-90 seconds would be worth it.
make bosses gurantee drop rare/uniques so the reward is HIGH cause risk is very HIGH for some classes...

try racing as a witch through 10 levels killign every boss then see if u think it should still b mandatory
Or make a third chest that can only be opened if the boss is dead. Such a chest could contain greater rewards than the curious and alluring chests, perhaps including some of the much wanted (alternate) skill gems for some classes (cleave for templar, shadow etc). Such skill gems could then appear later in the event than the main gems. In other words, cleave for templar could be a reward for killing, e.g., the lvl 11 boss or something like that, i.e. much later than duelists and marauders get cleave as a normal reward AND they would need to kill a somewhat difficult boss.
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Jul 2, 2013, 5:27:32 AM
How it should be:

Each boss should drop one Chest Key, guaranteed. The two non-random chests are locked, you need a Chest Key to open one; however, you don't need to use the Chest Key from the same zone. You could, for example, kill the cobra boss in the very first area, skip the first chests, kill the second area boss then get both of the second area chests.

Thus, if you want to nab a particular chest before beating a particular boss, you could do that too, just skip a chest earlier.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
How it should be:

Each boss should drop one Chest Key, guaranteed. The two non-random chests are locked, you need a Chest Key to open one; however, you don't need to use the Chest Key from the same zone. You could, for example, kill the cobra boss in the very first area, skip the first chests, kill the second area boss then get both of the second area chests.

Thus, if you want to nab a particular chest before beating a particular boss, you could do that too, just skip a chest earlier.

That's not a bad idea, and the locked chests can have specific loot vs the RNG loot from drops. I think I like this more than just upping the drop rate on bosses. This keeps the strategic choice in fighting bosses, and adds another choice of when to use the keys.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info