[1.2.0] Ice Pierce Crit Ranger

So, im 75 lvl Nemesis as Scion now, goin pretty well.

My stats right now:

75% all res, -48% chaos res
5k HP
4.5k dps Frenzy under 5 frenzy charges
2k dps IceShot under 5 frenzy charges
41% evasion (62% under Jade flask) + 40% dodge
Using 2 auras: Hatred + Grace, everything else is running with Blood magic
IceShot+BM+LMP+LoH
Frenzy+BM+LL+FastAtt
Got also ProjWeakness curse and Skeletotem. I had to give up from bear trap, cause it have very high mana cost under bloodmagic.

Farming Lunaris lvl 3 atm, cause i think its even better than 66 lvl maps and you dont spend any currency for it.
My only problem is bosses, i can kill Piety solo, but it takes like 5 minutes or so, cause i need to run from her a lot. Mb im jsut not used to archer playstyle, dunno.

And my build as it is:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABH4FtQX5FSAV8Bm0Gf4a2xsBIuoj9iU_Kk0s6TBxMHwxnjIJNZI6QjpYOuE-zz8nSn1KyEt4TeNRR1b6WkhaUl_hZ6BrJGwWbEZuqnJsd9R_K4Pbhs6HGYd2iPGNfY2_lembXaZXp9Somqluqn-quKxZsTC0GrXyu-O95r6nxKLGosrTzZjOcdQj1orcFd0N3ajexuLL52Po1upi6xTuDu_w8kXyl_lW-WP6sfxL_MX-Cv6P_rr-yA==
@SuggitPlzr
"
I would really just like a clear cut answer as to what I should be looking for as attributes.

For the build listed in the OP, prioritise ias and crit multiplier, then any combination of the following: %WED, %IPD (bows or generic), %elemental, %cold, %projectile damage. All these are additive with each other for ice shot.

@ovidiub1
"
I'm curious however what's the squishy version you (the author) went for since it isn't mentioned in the guide, and some numbers that you manage to put out (dps and such).

I no longer have a working skill tree link for the squishy version, I think. Short answer is I dropped some HP/ev in favour of more ias and damage. As for DPS numbers, I believe I haven't changed gear since the last time I found them...somewhere in the thread...not going to bother re-testing until I make a significant gear change.

Page 7:
"
I picked up a nice Glare (6S5L, 293dps) and tried to roll GGGRR on it.
Since my iceshot was in the armour anyway, I took it out for a spin:

My old bow (245dps) gives me 3889 DPS tooltip.
This Glare gives me 3931 DPS tooltip.

YOU DON'T SAY.

Page 8:
"
>Tenkiei: Now speaking strictly sheet dps my Ice Shot is at 12k, my Burning Arrow (main single tar) is at 30k.
>Kirielis: Bloody hell. You have four times my sheet DPS and I 6-link ice shot.

Page 12:
"
Current DPS numbers, ice shot:
1.8k in town
3k in lab, running Haste Hatred Grace Wrath
3.8k with 4 power charges, in docks
4.4k with 4 power and 6 frenzy charges, in docks

Skill linked as follows: IS GMP LoH WED Pierce PCoC

@O4epegb
"
My only problem is bosses, i can kill Piety solo, but it takes like 5 minutes or so, cause i need to run from her a lot. Mb im jsut not used to archer playstyle, dunno.

Not entirely unexpected, have you tried raising a skeletotem or decoy totem? Just something to distract her so you can shoot.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
"
Kirielis wrote:

Not entirely unexpected, have you tried raising a skeletotem or decoy totem? Just something to distract her so you can shoot.

Ye, already solved this problem, now i can jts face tank her, after i picked up grace things went a lot better! :D
"
Kirielis wrote:
@SuggitPlzr
"
I would really just like a clear cut answer as to what I should be looking for as attributes.

For the build listed in the OP, prioritise ias and crit multiplier, then any combination of the following: %WED, %IPD (bows or generic), %elemental, %cold, %projectile damage. All these are additive with each other for ice shot.

Much appreciated. :)
IGN:ShattyCathy/ThomasFrell
I am thinking about going over and taking EB and Mana Shield and then taking Vaal Pact for increased survivability. That should fix my mana and health issues. This is the build up to lvl 85 that I have come up with. http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4EfgW1BfkILg5IDq0PqxGWFHUV8BjbGY4c3CFgIXYkPCT9JpUnqSi1KjgwfDH6Nj051DpYQKBDnElRSn1RR1VLVvpabV_hYeJnoG1sbXtv8nBScLtw1XRBdPF293fUd9d9dX8rf8aCHoUyhs6HGYd2iGuMNo19jb-V6Zsmm42do565oJ-hpKKjo4qnNKdcp9Sqf6q4r-uxMLVIu-PAUcHzxKLKqdN-1QDWitsL3BXe9uHb44TnVOd06NbrFO2D707wQvF28-r5Vvyr_MX-uv7I I would go from the lvl 60 build that the guide suggested, over to EB and then down to Mana Shield next and then finally take Vaal Pact and fill in the other nodes like the chaos resist on the witch side and life near ondar's guile. Does this look do-able?
Domination IGN: The_Bloody_Fist and Aurora_Temptus
http://poexplorer.com/ - Forum Item Search
http://exilestats.com/ex/ - Approximate currency exchange rate.
http://www.poebuilder.com/ - Advanced skill tree builder.
really liking the look of this build.

but wondering if someone has a more safe version to use my using evasion and armor instead of just glass cannon?

Thanks!
@mustafa2812
"
I am thinking about going over and taking EB and Mana Shield and then taking Vaal Pact for increased survivability. That should fix my mana and health issues. This is the build up to lvl 85 that I have come up with.

I would go from the lvl 60 build that the guide suggested, over to EB and then down to Mana Shield next and then finally take Vaal Pact and fill in the other nodes like the chaos resist on the witch side and life near ondar's guile. Does this look do-able?

Ya, that looks like a decent plan. Saved you a point and this goes near one more HP cluster too.

@HannibalK1ng
"
really liking the look of this build.

but wondering if someone has a more safe version to use my using evasion and armor instead of just glass cannon?

I build for HC-viability and use - and advocate - mixed defenses, and I guarantee this is not a glass cannon build the way it's listed.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
Hi Kirielis, I have been following your build and enjoy it a lot!
Reality start to kick in now that I have entered Merciless (domination) with all selffound gear apart from the Harp here. I starts to kill a lot slower!

I have a few issues I hope you could help.

1. What's considered 'decent' crit chance? I am sitting at around 20-25% and I notice Ice shot doesn't really crit all that much, compared to Frenzy and Burning Arrow. Here's my passive

2. To what lvl do you think I can use the bow linked until? (pretty new to POE)

3. I notice LA clear mob more efficiently than IS with the same build and gem links...

4. Voll's protector is it useful? When it takes half of your mana, i can barely sustain continuous nuking in merciless. No aura of course.

5. Attack Speed, for this build does it come mainly from passive or from gears?
Last edited by ichobi on Nov 7, 2013, 10:07:34 AM
Hey I'm sorry if this has already been discussed but I got
and it doesn't report any dmg gain for ice shot. But if I use another skill like Frost nova it does show a dmg gain. Are you sure carcass jack boost ice shot dmg?
Thanks for the excellent build! Works a treat!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info