(Aug 11) One-hour Cut-throat event

"
ciortas1 wrote:
To add on to what the other person was saying, I think it'd be fairly simple to fix that, too. Either prevent the instance list from showing the names of the players (showing a number of players instead), which would be a short-term solution for the quick races, or remove that completely and make joining other people's completely random. A player gets a choice to either join their own instance, or a randomly selected instance of another player.

Sound good?

Removing the player names in an instance (showing only class and possibly level) is an interesting idea. This would make hunting a specific player more difficult. People who stream these events get hunted mercilessly LOL

EDIT: grammer
IGN: Friar
Knight of Guild Medieval http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/545783
Game Mechanics http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707
Recipe Book http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/15223
Quest Reward List http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36776
Last edited by FriarJon on Aug 11, 2012, 6:20:08 AM
From this short cut-throat events, all i see is the 'most successful' players using Freezing Pulse, a speed increase with Phase Run\Whirling Blades... or a ranger.

That seems pretty cookie cutter for me, mostly everyone (who aims to destroy, not just have a laugh) uses that combo, on whichever class, which i find odd. Maybe they're just too OP at low level, easy to get, but it gets 'boring' seeing everyone spamming freezing pulses and charging ahead.

Other then that, always a lot of fun.

Like others said, maybe it would be a good idea to remove names from the instance selection, just have a number with how many players inside it.

It is also very very very easy to run, but that's due to the low level, but still.
"
hulkgor wrote:
Like others said, maybe it would be a good idea to remove names from the instance selection, just have a number with how many players inside it.

It is also very very very easy to run, but that's due to the low level, but still.
I dont want the names removed, when I finally get to play I want people to hunt me
Had a blast last night. I played with my friend who was sitting right next to me, and we raked in about 40 kills without dying once. I was a ranger (which, as people pointed out, was probably the most common class), and my friend played a duelist. He was very effective at 2 hitting people with dual strike.
"
ThoughtCloud wrote:
"
Khastro wrote:

is the death penalty the normal cutthroat penalty?

loosing everything thats in your inventory but not equipped should be enough imho.
if you get killed once you are OUT.
ok for 1h race but not for a longterm version

No way man! I got ganked early in Mud Flats as I was trying to complete the Glyph Wall quest. I died, equipped my bow and boots I had put away in my stash, and continued on. In the last 15-20 minutes I was killing TONS of people in the Lower Submerged Passage.
:P

lets make an educated guess: half of the ppl you killed where naked.

i dont think its good that one dropps EVERYTHING.
you wont have a working FULL 2nd gear in your stash that is half as good as your main gear for your main char in a long time version.

the biggest problem imho is:
there is no chance for revenge once you got killed. you will be hours behind in progress against the guy(s) who killed you. thats not good for pvp i think.
there is one fight and thats it. you cannot try a second one with a new tactic for example because all your stuff is gone.
thats not working. really.
"
Khastro wrote:

there is no chance for revenge once you got killed. you will be hours behind in progress against the guy(s) who killed you. thats not good for pvp i think.
there is one fight and thats it. you cannot try a second one with a new tactic for example because all your stuff is gone.

i agree

there needs to be a huge XP loss like 100% of your current level progress but you should still be able to fight back after that first death. in its current form it might as well just be hard core pvp so if you die you just get deleted.
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
a guy tried to Gank me while I was fighting Hailrake and had me dead (no pots left, 10% hp) but i had a portal up near by he chased me and i ported and then ported right back full hp and pots and killed him quick! He has 4 rares on him too which made me all the better!
"
demivion wrote:
"
Khastro wrote:

i agree

there needs to be a huge XP loss like 100% of your current level progress but you should still be able to fight back after that first death. in its current form it might as well just be hard core pvp so if you die you just get deleted.

Ditto
Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
It is really difficult to coordinate raiding others' instances with a big party.

The best way is with portals, but even that is rather difficult once you have many up and they all look the same.

I wish the instance selector from waypoint menu would designate instances that other party members are in.

Also I wish there were a visual cue showing when a portal opens vs when it is usable. And differentiation between your party's portals, and non-party-member's portals.
IGN @dime
The thing I wana know is...

CAN YOU INVADE MAPS?

yes plz?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info