(Aug 12) Hardcore Ladder Race

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.

Duration: Three hours
Hardcore: Yes
Start time: 9am NZ time, Sunday Aug 12 (2pm Saturday Pacific Time)

Top Prizes:
The top five players of each class by experience will receive prizes.
  • #1 player of each class: Demigod's Presence (Unique Amulet), 10 random currency items (see list in the rules post)
  • #2 player of each class: 8 random currency items
  • #3 player of each class: 6 random currency items
  • #4 player of each class: 4 random currency items
  • #5 player of each class: 2 random currency items

Prizes for reaching specific levels and staying alive:
  • Level 32: 39 random currency items
  • Level 31: 32 random currency items
  • Level 30: 26 random currency items
  • Level 29: 21 random currency items
  • Level 28: 17 random currency items
  • Level 27: 14 random currency items
  • Level 26: 12 random currency items
  • Level 25: 11 random currency items
  • Level 24: 10 random currency items
  • Level 23: 9 random currency items
  • Level 20-22: 8 random currency items
  • Level 18-19: 7 random currency items
  • Level 16-17: 6 random currency items
  • Level 14-15: 5 random currency items
  • Level 12-13: 4 random currency items
  • Level 10-11: 3 random currency items

Quest Prizes:
The first player to complete each of these quests wins the prize listed. If you're in a party then only one of you will win the prize. The player will be selected randomly.

• Normal difficulty Hillock (Twilight Strand): 6 random currency items - EC_TheKidd
  • Normal difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 6 random currency items - Doomsday_Party
  • Normal difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 6 random currency items - Doomsday_Party
  • Normal difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 6 random currency items - Zatox
  • Cruel difficulty Hillock (Twilight Strand): 8 random currency items - dpspls
  • Cruel difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 8 random currency items - O_oMeh
  • Cruel difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 8 random currency items
  • Cruel difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 8 random currency items

Full-clear Prizes:
The first player to kill all of the monsters in any of the following areas will receive the listed currency items for that area. If you are in a party, then the player who gets the killing blow on the final monster gets the prize.

• Normal difficulty Fetid Pool: 9 random currency items - Doomsday_Party
  • Normal difficulty Old Fields Cave: 9 random currency items - MayDie
  • Normal difficulty Dread Thicket: 9 random currency items - ImAMonster
  • Cruel difficulty Fetid Pool: 9 random currency items
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Aug 11, 2012, 8:17:35 PM
You'll notice we're using a new format for describing the leagues now. Most of the rules text has been pulled out into the rules post, so that these posts require less reading.

Edit: Yes, before you ask, there is a cut-throat event this weekend too. Writing up the post now...
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Aug 8, 2012, 10:09:15 PM
Any thoughts, ETA, of the solo only race possibility?
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Well I still cant make it for the cut-throat event, but at least I can be there for this one. See you all there =)
Awesome, I should be able to compete in this event. Doubt I'll get any rewards besides the lvl ones. Regardless, should be a blast.

Love the events, makes the game way more exciting (not that it's not). Please don't stop doing these.
Once more into the fray, Into the last good fight I'll ever know, Live and die on this day, Live and die on this day IGN: Mastodon_The_Primeval

Last edited by Primeval_Mastodon on Aug 8, 2012, 11:31:35 PM
Really? Hardcore races with such a buggy client? Desyncs, disconnects and crashes - OH MYYYYY!

I have made this suggestion in the suggestions thread but I believe it has been lost in the ether.

Please can you add a "/myladder" game command that will show you own current location on the ladder during the races?

Edit:
The Friends Tab - there are icon/shields that show in which difficulty a friend is. What we need tho is something to show which "League" that friend is playing.

It will be 23:00 11 August 2012 in South Africa GMT+2
I'm BACK :)
Last edited by Coldet on Aug 9, 2012, 3:55:14 AM
"
Morsexier wrote:
They don't want to discourage parties, it's bad enough the loot system does. :p

"
darkjoy wrote:
Really? Hardcore races with such a buggy client? Desyncs, disconnects and crashes - OH MYYYYY!

It's like they want us to be angry at them for not making netcode fixes a priority. I don't want much, just the location of the enemy and myself to be close. When I died 3 screens away from the mobs attacking me (without phase run), there was time for me to walk slowly 3 screens away before it even attempted to rubberband me back where the server thought I was. Ideally, they should nix the hardcore part of the ladder race until they address netcode.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Last edited by TehHammer on Aug 9, 2012, 12:55:25 AM
"
TehHammer wrote:
"
Morsexier wrote:
They don't want to discourage parties, it's bad enough the loot system does. :p

I think Chris said at the last event they would look into a solo run event.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
do the random currency items go to whatever account you would like or just to that hardcore character?
IGN: ScareKrow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info