Sick HardCore Ranger Build

"
Islidox wrote:
"
Zyx wrote:
Okay so the 1.2k DPS you see there is actual DPS the arrow does upon hitting a target. The DoT of PA is that 294.3 Chaos Damage per second you see there and there is no actual way to increase that number except a few passives that can be found on the skill tree.

So basically, my personal #'s are where you have 1.2k DPS, I have 350 DPS and my DoT (where yours is 294.3 chaos damage per second) mine is 340 chaos damage per second.

I might just not be understanding the question at this point heh ^_^

And yes Increased Duration is quite awesome :D Glad you enjoy it!

I've actually now bought a few regrets and decided to pick up Blood Magic and switched my support gems on PA to Chance to Ignite, Elemental Proliferation, Greater Multiple Projectiles, and Increased Duration. It's actually doing really really well, and mobs are dying much faster. But it's too soon to tell whether the build is better than the original one. The gem set-up i'm pretty sure is. But i'll let you all know in a few days when I'm done testing it :).

You've answered most of my questions, thanks. :)

I'm just not sure at this point how to increased the PA's DoT damage. How you got yours to 340/sec is quite baffling, but it might have to do with with that little trio of Increased Buff Duration passives so conveniently placed near that massive circle of life nodes in the center area.

Actually this is because my gem level is 18 and yours is only 16 :) it will increase the DoT damage as the gem increases in level ^_^
I always thought the future depended on the choices you made.
Daaamn! I am impressed! The golem in the vid basically had nothing on you! If it were me, I would be 2-3 shots I think.

I also use poison arrow as my main attack and feel its very powerful, but next time I roll ranger, I'll be picking up some defenseive stats coz currently my defenses are very poor and get 3-5 shotted. What are your defenses like btw and what level are you on the vid?

Also, have you considered picking up Vulnerability gem (Cursed enemies take % increased in damage from damage over time effects) ?
Last edited by magix03 on Aug 11, 2012, 1:32:33 PM
If you want the build he speaks of. Its this one. I watched the you tube and did it in the passive skill tree for us all.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQIACNty12oi67xJth9t7x4SX_wbvpp0v4upQ_5ybSPvSKxExjLpcYQpHEhZ_POMnwtqgnnt7jXuYPqql-3j_WgJbYX9L_yUgzuelcA-Ud6gr02r4DIVoWF3jD0qvvhTT2zCyXoP-lt5wZeqSAHzKYbAjzeXCESJaX6WcCN34MAM3GGG5oUPQS3w9K662-GSsmK2ExXaaZMa4mUZYlP-X_ngqGNqPDJSWXnJZafuyvQKmBQEH3keRqoNjrT2VeEK_Cqv3bR_EYNe7weW1QR6kzPzt_2pYj-vZ_PpWXzpoecJ6irImb0CcPeHbLP5HhM7KC1VD46CnVDD2eHRe_jojQ8pV30L3jNbqUGxt4DgadntbQNHEit0nINi2xapnzbNsSBX0TQ91xIhjyPL1RfPMZNJ99M_8HsEjqecu4pAGaI3qHZ4TQG6

Enjoy^_^.
We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds. Our planet is the mental institution of the universe.
"
magix03 wrote:
Daaamn! I am impressed! The golem in the vid basically had nothing on you! If it were me, I would be 2-3 shots I think.

I also use poison arrow as my main attack and feel its very powerful, but next time I roll ranger, I'll be picking up some defenseive stats coz currently my defenses are very poor and get 3-5 shotted. What are your defenses like btw and what level are you on the vid?

Also, have you considered picking up Vulnerability gem (Cursed enemies take % increased in damage from damage over time effects) ?

I am level 73 in the video and my defense is about 5k-6k Armor, which isn't very useful in end-game content anyway :) though it does have its place, it's just not a stat you HAVE to have.

I actually do have vulnerability and occasionally use it, i'm actually leaning into incorporating heavy use of temporal chains on my build. I'll update everyone on how it goes in the future :)

@Kaiserwolf - thanks a ton for posting that Kaiser! :)
I also did it.

Tweaked Blood Magic

but not sure if it will work and I'm also curious about the effect duration noodes and if they apply on PA.
"
I also did it.

Tweaked Blood Magic

but not sure if it will work and I'm also curious about the effect duration noodes and if they apply on PA.

Just checked out the build and this is exactly what i'm running at the moment :). It works pretty well, but in hindsight I feel like using blood magic support gems would have been just as good if not better. Using 40% or 30% auras is simply out of the question now.

As for the skill duration passives, yes they do work on the lasting effect of PA :D.
You use elemental hit for single target?
"
azrah wrote:
You use elemental hit for single target?

Yesh, yesh I do :D. Keep in mind I do run anger and wrath, +% elemental damage on my gear.
I'm a complete newb btw but It looks like Elemental Hit isn't available anymore as a reward, any suggestions on what to use for single target if you can't get that?
"
Skrigg wrote:
I'm a complete newb btw but It looks like Elemental Hit isn't available anymore as a reward, any suggestions on what to use for single target if you can't get that?

You should try buying one off someone. They are extremely cheap as long as you don't try purchasing a high quality Elemental Hit gem.

However, you can try and wait for one to drop and use burning arrow in the meantime. It's good single target DPS for most of the early to mid content of the game :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info