Path of Exile works in Windows 8

Windows 8 is an amazing operating system don't be fooled it is faster and more stable than Windows 7 and if you don't like the metro interface your not forced to use it or even see it you can boot directly into desktop mode.

I find the metro apps quite useful I like to keep the weather app pinned to the side bar along with finance and news for easy access its quite a nice feature.

I recommend everyone upgrade to Windows 8 as the retail price will only be $39.99 provided you have a license for any windows version from Windows XP and up.
Thank you for the info.

I'm installing Windows 8 Enterprise N today :)
Yes, Windows 8 looks much different and better than previous Windows versions, but thankfully it was made by the same dependable developers. I doubt there will be any trouble with this brand new OS from Microsoft.
"
ionface wrote:
Yes, Windows 8 looks much different and better than previous Windows versions, but thankfully it was made by the same dependable developers. I doubt there will be any trouble with this brand new OS from Microsoft.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.
To be honest, if you can't use W8 you probably shouldn't own a computer. It is literally designed for ... technologically impaired people. You have all your programs in one spot. You can do practically anything from the Start menu i.e. searches, see devices, app store etc w/e all in one convenient location. Also due to the fact that the OS is built upon a different Architecture it runs more flawlessly, and without many issues.

Like...I literally can't think of how the new OS is truly bad. You have many options, yet one of those is the simplicity to use few options and do 95% of tasks from the Start menu.

I've installed it on every system you can imagine, reformatting is STUPID easy if there is a problem and it puts things back to factory...

What's the complaint here, it's not Apple? Linux? ....Windows 7...?
The complaint is they designed an OS for mobile devices and then forced it onto the pc like it would actually be good. You can tell they know it sucks as well, otherwise they wouldn't be selling it for $40. Man are the last few posters working for MS or something?
Windows 8 is pretty amazing once you find a way to get rid of metro. I've only seen the metro interface once since installing it. No idea why they tried to make it compulsory. Otherwise the OS is just an improved W7, new task manager is godly.
Been play PoE on Windows 8 since December..I was someone who before I got Windows 8 completely despised it and really didnt want to get it in the first place. But when I got my new PC I decided to go with it and I am honestly not looking back....After reading countless reviews on the comparison of testing games on Win 7 and 8. Hands downs windows 8 wins everytime. It barely uses and memory (not that win 7 did but still). It reboots/starts in a seconds. Although I am normally in desktop mod the metro interface is actually something nice and easy to adjust to...All and all I am happy with Windows 8 and was worth making the switch to it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info