Just bought Diablo 2: anyone want to play.

"
Vandro wrote:
Hardcore build:
Str: Enough for equipment, you want about 40-50 points into it.
Dex: Enough for max block with a good blocking shield, don't try to max block with a shield with bad blocking. ~200 points by level 85Energy: Nothing, use some mana potions when necessary in the start, get some items with +mana.
Vitality: Everything else!! Life is important for every char.

Max raise skeleton, max skeleton mastery, 1 in every curse, 1 in summon resist, 1 in revive. Max Corpse Explosion. Rest can be in: summon skeleton mage, dim vision, bone armor or whatever you want.

Act2 nightmare offensive (might) merc.

PVP Build (needs good items):
Str/Dex/Energy NOTHING!!!
Vit: Everything!!
HOTO, Homunculus, bulkathosx2, rare +3 bone amu, rare circlet, rare boots, trangs gloves, nigma, rare belt (or bugbelt if your on europe). 9 skillers, torch, anni. fhr/res/life scs. BOweapon+spirit on switch

Max bone spirit + synergies, max bone armor + synergies. 1 in decrep, 1 in golem.

Only add dex for blocking if your playing the expansion. It won't do anything for him if he is in the classic version.
As you can see, all the best D2 builds have already been discovered.
Forum Sheriff
"
tpapp157 wrote:
As you can see, all the best D2 builds have already been discovered.

Well, you can try something fancy, but I think you need a deep understanding of the mechanics to make it work, since D2 is pretty unforgiving if you don't know what you do (especially in Hell difficulty).
think i am going for the summoning build. I am a level 10 right now. Though man it seems like every monster and their mother drops an item i've only been collecting the good ones and rings,gems, and amulets. Because they take up so little space. Oh and i have the original Diablo 2 not the expansion for it.
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
Ok, you'll be wanting rare items and no points in dex (because it won't increase your block).
Get enough str for items and rest in vit.

I think you will want enough strength to wear a good bone shield/kite shield (you'll want one with increased block, fhr and resistance). Bone helms are cool too.

Good stats on items: str, life, resistance, fhr (some mana is also good). Amu with +skills, wand with +skills (you can buy +3 raise skeleton/+3 skeleton mastery at Akara in normal difficulty when you are lucky).

Good armors are breast plates, light plates.

Good uniques are stones of jordan, ume's lament. Good set items are tancred's boots + amu.
"
Zidjian wrote:
think i am going for the summoning build. I am a level 10 right now. Though man it seems like every monster and their mother drops an item i've only been collecting the good ones and rings,gems, and amulets. Because they take up so little space. Oh and i have the original Diablo 2 not the expansion for it.

The original can get boring to some people quickly, be sure to try out the expansion also. There is about 3 to 4 times the amount of items, and plenty more people to play with.

And later, if you're still not bored...try to make a Hardcore character...that is where the real fun is. (assuming that you are playing on a closed battle.net realm)
Hardcore just means "save and exit" for me. Not fun.
He who fights with monsters
might take care lest he thereby
become a monster.
Ah, the Necromancer. Cue nostalgia:

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/index.php?showtopic=65862

Also, to add another note to the array of builds, bone spear is a direct damage spell not to be underestimated - there are very few enemies immune to its kind of damage, and those that are can be passed by without much worry. It also happens to be synergized by one of my favorite crowd control spells - bone prison (which, to be fair, isn't much use in normal difficulty or without investment to bring the mana cost down to spammable levels).

Also, hardcore does tend to be more active than softcore at lower levels for the simple reason that the high levels can die off and have to start over; in softcore, they don't.
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
"
permaximum wrote:

Why would you play hardcore and then "Save and exit"? If you don't like HC mode, then don't play it.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
"
permaximum wrote:

Why would you play hardcore and then "Save and exit"? If you don't like HC mode, then don't play it.

You probably didn't understand what I mean. Tell me what were you doing in danger in D2 at hardcore to prevent dying.

Also I don't play hardcore much.
He who fights with monsters
might take care lest he thereby
become a monster.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info