PC gamer exclusive 3rd season announcement

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/06/21/path-of-exile-announces-third-season-of-signature-events-including-brand-new-mode-descent/

lets get this rolling. sounds pretty badass though i wish the new mode was party instead of solo its gonna be a fun!

edit: was at work and had to alt tab ;)
The descent mode sounds pretty interesting. I wonder how the drop rates will work. Its sounds as if they really changed a lot of shit for this mode. Cant wait to try it out. no towns, no portals just straight killing for an hour. Its going to be a lot of fun to see how this works out.
Last edited by derbefrier on Jun 21, 2013, 3:45:53 PM
Meh the whole point of an arpg is to get loot.
I'd like to see a Descent league along with the race events.
"
Kibblre wrote:
I'd like to see a Descent league along with the race events.

That would be awesome. maybe they are using this as a test run to see how it works out. or hell just add it into the main game as another area.
This sounds pretty righteous. I spent a year or so playing Iron Man in Diablo after regular cheat/legit play got old, and had a blast... but that was a lot about multiplayer and knowing your role.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
Very interesting indeed.
IGN: KoTao
It would be even more awesome if it'd be interior only like Diablo 1. Seriously GGG, DO IT!
My little tribute to Diablo 1 aka why Diablo 3 is the worst part of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2ejhudUlU

ig: Witchfire_The_Unholy
I'm hyped, sounds fun.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Definitely sounds interesting and can't wait to see more details on this. From the name Descent and the other limited info provided, sounds like everyone wanting an "endless dungeon" type event is going to get their wish. Since all the drops from it will be destroyed at the end though, it makes me wonder what the rewards will be like. They'd have to be scaled up a bit compared to other races to make it worthwhile. Otherwise though, this looks like it'll be a very interesting change of pace from the normal game or even the other race types we've seen so far.
woah, what a coincidence... my unique map (not in game yet) has a similar concept (descending dungeon) but you get to keep the loot. :)

Bold move not to let us keep the loot we find. Interested to see how this pans out.
There has to be a low point where some people stop complaining because it's just not worth it, and I have yet to see it. - Squeakypaw, 2013

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info