Good news GGG...

haven't played in a while but that's only due to me having 5-10 fps. Once I get my new computer I plan on playing this game a lot. The time I did spend with it despite the lag was very enjoyable.
Solid post.

I'm also a middle aged arpg fan and agree with all you said, Arrowneous.

PoE!

(Just realized that was the first time I referred to myself as 'middle aged' - sigh)
The really good news for GGG is that is easy to hook anyone with PoE that has any minor interest In ARPGs. I've gotten quite a few of my friends (most of us playing D2 senior year of high school and in college when it first released) and the ones I couldn't get with just saying there was a great ARPG out there that plays like the D3 we were expecting, I get them when mentioning the races and different leagues. The only snag I get when rec. PoE is the whole free to play thing. The free to play actually I think hurts the game more than helps when rec. it because most people expect trash and P2W and write it off. Actually... I fell into that trap and discovered this game in nov 2012 but took a wait and see until I got a closed beta code a week before open beta.
Best results as Ranger
rank 29 (1 Hr Lethal TI Solo (S02E148))
rank 40 (2 Hr Fixed Seed Solo (S02E249))
rank 49 (1 Hour BLAMT Solo (S02E258))
Last edited by Zazzaro703 on Jun 20, 2013, 8:36:44 PM
"
Is the woman that you game with cute at all??

She might be a bit above my age range, but I've been turned down enough times by Bex_GGG that I think I should start playing the field again!

Sorry if you were playing hard to get, Bex.. I've moved on! :P

She is very beautiful, take a look for yourself.

This is her in a medieval garb.
I am very lucky that she's an arpg player too. She is loving the play style of PoE.
She is also an excellent web programmer.

"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
tl;dr.

Honestly, until the last hour or two, I would have to agree with you, but between dying to lag and getting 1 shotted twice by a normal monster while running a map (hit all 3 of my health pots and watched my health drop to nil), the game is starting to get ridiculously irritating.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Thank you for the read!
Current League: Anarchy @BigGuyKahn
Sell Lists:
Anarchy: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/428350
SoftCore: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/391912
PoE is boss.
We tested it extensively
Sharing the love. Thanks to GGG for making this game.
+1 would read again.
Great post OP. Been playing since CB myself and have nothing but praise for GGG and high hopes for the future of this game. Such a breath of fresh air to a genre that really needed it.
"When you have a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info