Life Gain on Hit, Minions, Cheos Inoculation and Ghost Reaver combo?

ok, im getting the basic picture now, but one more noob question, if i do go for ZO and life reg from passives will ES regenerate instantly or do i still have to wait for the standard delay on ES before life reg to ES will start working?

if so that doesn’t make much sense, my ES regenerates completely in 1-3 sec now (after the delay period of not taking damage)....

the thing with my mana is that i have around 300 to my dispense... the rest is taken by 3 auras but i have mana regain so high the only thing it cannot handle is casting 3 spell minion totems in a row =)....

i will try your suggestion with the artic armor but a 100 hp (mama regain should handle it no problem....)damage reduction from a hit where mobs take 500-1000 (regular mobs) isnt that much.....

i like playing my little build, its not hard and usually i can check item stats when my minions take care of the rest..... but..... WHY oh WHY dont potions work with ZO.... if they did i wouldnt have to post this =)

Its not a lot of points, but its important to note that arctic armor negates damage AFTER your armor mitigation is processed, so a mid level AA, provided you have the mana regen (amount doesnt matter, it doesnt reserve like auras) might help supplement your mitigation.

Again if you're elemental resists are such that your ES is fine to sink elemental hits, but if you're seeing problems with physical you can trade some of that ES for phys mitigation by switching from ES gear to hybrid armor/ES gear too...
"
but its important to note that arctic armor negates damage AFTER your armor mitigation is processed

i must say im not sure what you mean here....
level one artic armor + increased duration. Things run past your minions, just jog away from them, making them chase you through frozen ground. Minions warp back onto you if you go far enough, and will pick up the monsters dallying around in the ice. You dont need to level up artic armor at all, you shouldnt be tanking stuff, your minions need to tank for you :D

Picking up ES recovery cool down reduction is a good mix, so you dont actively have to try and get your ES back, just jog away and it comes back, and artic armor CC's all the monsters chasing you. The opportunity cost for picking up ES recovery nodes is very low for Chaos inncoulation, the area is littered with ES recovery cool down reduction, and does not require any support gems to function properly..
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Jun 20, 2013, 11:56:15 AM
that is true, ive put on AA and to be honsest its pritty cool, ive lvled it to 8 now and it still dosnt affect my mana =)

thx for grat advice, i wonder it it will work for the long run...
one more question, why does AA discharge by itself? sometimes between lvl change and sometimes when there are no noobs around... i have to keep checking if its still on....

i'm not sure it works right.... i killed the general without much problems (alone) so i decided to take a shot at the final boss.... got throug the first lvl of the final temple without much problems, but the second lvl raised my blood presure a lot...

there are charging soldiers there, i take a hit, and in theory with AA i should have 1,5 sec with no damage to run away right? but they charge take half my ES and hit, hit, hit and i'm dead... no way to to run away (the gold soldiers take me out in 2 hits)... am i understanding the mechanics of AA wrong?
Last edited by Polles on Jun 21, 2013, 3:47:35 AM
"
Polles wrote:
one more question, why does AA discharge by itself? sometimes between lvl change and sometimes when there are no noobs around... i have to keep checking if its still on....

i'm not sure it works right.... i killed the general without much problems (alone) so i decided to take a shot at the final boss.... got throug the first lvl of the final temple without much problems, but the second lvl raised my blood presure a lot...

there are charging soldiers there, i take a hit, and in theory with AA i should have 1,5 sec with no damage to run away right? but they charge take half my ES and hit, hit, hit and i'm dead... no way to to run away (the gold soldiers take me out in 2 hits)... am i understanding the mechanics of AA wrong?

Hmmm, yes you're misunderstanding how the skill operates. The duration numbers you see are for how long your icy trail lasts, its not like the D2 armors where the mob gets frozen for hitting you. The arctic armor effect will expire if you are unable to pay the mana upkeep cost, it doesnt explode or break due to hits like molten shell.

As to your question about it working in the long run... if by working you mean give you the limited ability to tank higher level monsters then dont count on it, the upkeep cost will become paralyzing for your build (you really wont want to walk around much) its one of those gems you wont want to level all the way unless you are sure you know what youre doing in terms of managing regen. It should help give you a buffer now for better gear and more practice so you dont get demolished later.

What I meant previously about AA's reduction happening after the armor mitigation calculation means a pretty big deal, but you see the effects whether or not you understand why... Say your armor will reduce 50% of a 300 damage hit, and your arctic armor is providing a 100 point damage reduction.

If arctic armor were to apply first (it does not) you would reduce the 300 to 200, and take 50% off of that, resulting in a 100 damage hit.

If arctic armor applies after armor mitigation you would take 50% of 300 (150) then reduce that by 100, taking a 50 damage hit.

Thats doubling the damage you take in this case if it were applied first, granted its a completely made up scenario but thats an example of what I meant. That said, I've been taking other peoples word on it, and not done extensive tests, it just seems extremely useful at high levels (and extremely untenable for almost every build)
Last edited by Aegon on Jun 21, 2013, 8:53:50 AM
"
Polles wrote:

there is no invulnerability with AA like immortal call

also the duration listed is for ground chill effect

arctic armor comes in *after* armor / res calculations, so with high resists and armor its VERY strong :)
"
Polles wrote:
i get hit because of lag that sometimes happens.... there is also the chill that slows me and when there are fast monsters around they can get to me so i wanted to improve my chances in those situations (they don't occur very often, but they do happen)

Spam minions ahead of you constantly. You should never be closer to unknown areas of the map than at least some of your minions are.
In a very grind heavy game the death penalty equates to...more grinding.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info