PoE Helper (unofficial chrome extension to help with crafting/inventory)

"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
maxwolfie wrote:
So ahh.. is it generally accepted that by using PoE Helper, you are not cheating?
Is it 100% safe to use?

Its kind of condoned, since there's no way to prevent from using it - it did not manipulate anything in the game, it only read the website's data of your account's chars. And its kind of open source, you can check what it does with the data/account information, probably nothing at all cause it doesnt need it to know.

actually you can take the downloaded .crx file and unzip it to see thee code you are actually running. Since everything is on github you could even go back through the history and check every revision that's ever been up. I'm sure if there was anything dodgy one of the many thousands of users would of looked into it by now...

Also the extension will never ask for your password (if you aren't already logged into the website it wont work).

The truely paranoid could also uninstall it, login to the website then reinstall it, then you'd never have to put your password into your browser while the extension is installed :p

Chrome plugin for inventory/crafting: http://njs50.github.com/poe_ext/
using version 0.82 i have had issues the last 3 days (counting today) trying to get poe helper to refresh.

i am logged in in chrome, just to be safe i logged out and logged back in again, every time i start poe helper, the status window comes up (small rectangle centered in window) with "loading... estimated time: 2 seconds" then counts down.. repeats the 2 second count down and then starts in a 36 second count down..

sometimes it repeats the 36 second countdown infinitly, and sometimes it just stop after 1 or 2 tries, then displays me with a blank, grey window with no other information..

im aware of the issues with the website yesterday (sunday in america EST/EDT), and i noticed big slowdowns on saturday with the site also.. but the site seems to be better today but still not getting poehelper to cooperate.

any ideas? anyone else having refresh issues?
Things with "increased" and "decreased" in the tooltip are additive ... where as "More" or "Less" are multiplicative ...
Last edited by wade001 on Mar 4, 2013, 4:28:18 PM
doing a full refresh is prob the best option. but it's not going to work if the site's not working.

best way to test is probably to come to the site in chrome and go into one of your characters and see if you can see the stash tabs. If that's working then the extension should be working (with a full refresh anyways, may have some corrupt data cached if the website was broken).

If you can't get to the full refresh option you might want to reinstall it.

as far as i can tell mine is working fine at the moment.
it started working yesterday evening (a few hours after i made that post above) and seems to be working just fine now..

guess i just needed a bit more patience :)

thanks for your work on this though, its invaluable to me
Things with "increased" and "decreased" in the tooltip are additive ... where as "More" or "Less" are multiplicative ...
Is it worth downloading this?
I've seen you've put a lot of effort creating this but I wonder, is it really that useful and a totally must get thing??
I've read throught some posts and it seems like it's pretty solid but are you able to make a profit by using this programm?
Thou shalt not guard.
anyone figured out the new recipes yet?
yeah new recipe for chaos orb . must sell level 60 items
@njs50

May you add, filtering of items searching etc.
you can use 'inventory -> configure cols' to get the fields you want to filter on, then click the col headers to sort by those.

I did think about doing some nicer filtering but not really motivated enough yet, and the sorting is enough for my needs :p
Is this still being updated?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info