PoE Helper (unofficial chrome extension to help with crafting/inventory)

same here, just doesnt work now
He knows it is messed up and not working currently. Give the OP a break or some help, whichever you can do. I'm sure it will be fixed as soon as he can get to it.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

"
Dark0mens wrote:
He knows it is messed up and not working currently. Give the OP a break or some help, whichever you can do. I'm sure it will be fixed as soon as he can get to it.

sorry don´t know that.... it´s a excelent addon.. cheers to the developers.. and I´m asking only if I have some bad config on mi chrome :)
Wise words buff -> balance <- nerf , need to happen , deal with it
Most likely it is broken due to the patch. I haven't even tried to use mine since the patch.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

"
njs50 wrote:

not really anything we can do about the delays. removing unused characters and using the partial refresh is about the only options.

Well, here's hoping the API comes soon after OB so:
1) throttling can go away and server load can vanish at the same time.
2) no re-work every time the website changes slightly.

edit: Or, even better, a way to find name matches in-game.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Dec 5, 2012, 3:03:42 PM
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
njs50 wrote:
As it is i'm not sure there are any active developers that'll fix it before open beta :p

Do you aim on updates if needed with open beta? (just curious)

I imagine i'll probably give it a go again once open beta starts, in which case I'll probably fix it. I'm not even sure what the recipe changes are tho since i'm pretty out of the loop. Only check in here every now and then when i'm bored at work ;-)

Chrome plugin for inventory/crafting: http://njs50.github.com/poe_ext/
Can't wait!

One of the most useful things to me is the ability to scan my inventory for certain affixes or quality.

I love this tool!

Eagerly awaiting it's return!

-- Providing opinions since I was old enough to tell my sister she was ugly.
I'm torn about this tool. I love it because it is so useful, but yet it is because of this tool that GGG had to balance recipes to make Extra Stash Tabs not benefit for paying customers.

That says a hell of a lot about GGG sticking with their "No Pay To Win" policy. On one hand, there's an awesome extension that helps players who can afford 50 tabs, but on the other hand, it gives paying members an advantage. And GGG went against it, because of their purity of keeping the game "Free to Play".

I've seen arguments on both sides saying "bonus tabs help people" or "they don't because of the amt of rares etc", but imho, it says a lot about GGG that they A: edit the game so that extra stash tabs do not create much of an advantge, but B: hasn't been assholes about the whole thing and still allows people to use 3rd person software like this.

Dunno guess I'm just saying that it is a big problem in the game that was adressed, but I have mad respect for GGG for changing their game around their community rather than going the other way. Would have been a lot easier for them to just say "BANHAMMER" for anyone who uses PoE Helper. Yet they semi support it while balancing the game around it.

/sigh call me fanboy all you want. I am. This is one unbelievable gaming company.
Game needs monkey pets.

"
Sonata wrote:
Would have been a lot easier for them to just say "BANHAMMER" for anyone who uses PoE Helper.

Don't mean to sound like negative nancy on your sentiment, but this actually isn't possible. :p
PoE helper just scans the stash tabs via the website, so it can't be detected as automation or game-file modifying in order to bring out the banhammer.

This was made clear in an interview some time ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9UP0bOP3p8#t=20m50s

Nah I understand Derelith, I've seen the interview. I'm just pointing out that they could theoretically spend resources in some kind of detection for people that use PoE helper, yet they chose to go the high route and allow PoEhelper to exist and work around it.

When I say banhammer, I mean more like "Delete all threads concerning Helper and state that anybody caught using it could be banned". This is not the route they took and I applaud them for this. While it is really impossible to discover if Helper is being used, there are ways that could be used to detect habitual users. Instead of wasting time trying to combat helper, GGG has just made it a little less useful and took the better path.

That was my main point really, if they wanted to go all out, I'm sure they could develop something that detected if Helper was being used (that interview was from a long time ago). However, they chose to accept it as part of the community and adapted in a respectable way.
Game needs monkey pets.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info