Lv96 Poutsos' Flicker Nuke - Outdated

"
Poutsos wrote:
"
"
Poutsos wrote:

but i think if u enjoy ARPGs like Dark Souls or The witcher,u ll have a blast with it :D

Minor correction:
Darksouls and the Witcher are not ARPG's ( action rpg), they're adventure rpg's....You might have a different understanding of genre's and sub genres.
ARPG is also known as hack n slash. stuff dies fast. lots of loot. Neither of those 2 games are on the same planet as PoE.

From Wiki:
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (Polish: Wiedźmin 2: Zabójcy Królów [ˈvjɛd͡ʑmin dva zaˈbujt͡sɨ ˈkruluf]) is an action role-playing hack and slash video game

Dark Souls (ダークソウル Dāku Souru?) is an action role-playing video game

Diablo II is an action role-playing hack and slash video game

They are all action RPGs,cause the battle is action and not turn based.However i have no clue why wiki calls the witcher -hack n slash.I always considered "hack n slash" as a sub-genre of ARPG's,describing Diablo style games,like titan quest and PoE(lets face it,they are diablo clones).

The Witcher 2 is NOTHING like titan quest, diablo, poe, or the like. Nothing at all.Neither is Darksouls.
I'm absolutely amazed you would link a retarded wiki link and argue this.
"ARPG is it's own defined sub genre. A rpg is not a "arpg" simply because the game play is not turn based.
Hack n slash is precisely the same thing as "arpg"
The Witcher 2 is more closely defined as a Adventure-rpg.
Again Wiki...really?
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Oct 31, 2013, 10:50:54 PM
"

The Witcher 2 is NOTHING like titan quest, diablo, poe, or the like. Nothing at all.Neither is Darksouls.
I'm absolutely amazed you would link a retarded wiki link and argue this.
"ARPG is it's own defined sub genre. A rpg is not a "arpg" simply because the game play is not turn based.
Hack n slash is precisely the same thing as "arpg"
The Witcher 2 is more closely defined as a Adventure-rpg.
Again Wiki...really?

Peace man!No reason to argue over something like that.I know that the witcher is nothing like diablo or PoE.However with everyone i ever talked,when we mention the witcher,or dark souls,or elder scrolls or even FPS rpgs like borderlands or mass effect,we call them action rpgs.I always called diablo hack n slash.To my mind hack n slash is a sub genre of a subgenre.I ve never heard the term adventure rpg.However the term "adventure game" always brings to my mind games like myst,riven or broken sword.Having said that,dark souls feels much more action to me than adventure,so there you go - action RPG.Fogert about wiki.If u search abit on gaming forums,dark souls or the witcher are generally called action RPGs.It doesnt have to be like diablo to be action rpg,this phenomenon is something that i have comed across on this particular board,that when ppl say action rpg,always mean diablo style games.
And again everyone can call the damn games anything they want,doesnt really matter.Led Zeppelin was called a hard rock band,is that term accurate?IMO not in the least.Peace
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
"
Poutsos wrote:
this phenomenon is something that i have comed across on this particular board,that when ppl say action rpg,always mean diablo style games.

It's not a "phenomenon". games like diablo or titan quest...are arpg. When you think arpg, you should thin hack n slash...not The witcher.
Adventure rpg, action rpg, turn based, Jrpg, etc...they are all very clearly defined sub genre's.
You're just very wrong in your interpretation. Plain and simple.
I won't derail anymore, apologies. But my eye twiched when I saw someone calling the witcher and dark souls a arpg.
And in it's day Led Zep WAS hard rock. You seem to have a problem with perception and interpretation :P
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Nov 1, 2013, 4:53:34 AM
hi all:P
"
"
Poutsos wrote:
this phenomenon is something that i have comed across on this particular board,that when ppl say action rpg,always mean diablo style games.

It's not a "phenomenon". games like diablo or titan quest...are arpg. When you think arpg, you should thin hack n slash...not The witcher.
Adventure rpg, action rpg, turn based, Jrpg, etc...they are all very clearly defined sub genre's.
I won't derail anymore, apologies. But my eye twiched when I saw someone calling the witcher and dark souls a arpg.
And in it's day Led Zep WAS hard rock. You seem to have a problem with perception and interpretation :P

Led Zep may have been hard rock in its core,but they had so many blues,psychedelic,folk,ethnic infuences to call them a plain hard rock band they way Guns n Roses or Aerosmith were.Led Zep themselves hated the term hard rock.BTW i am doing my master on music education and i work as a guitar teacher so i beleive i am abit more entitled in music than games :P

Hi wuhawha1
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
so, i tried some pvp today. it might be that my build is just too unoptimised, but i think cast on damage taken might have completely killed its viability. people are using immortal call + enduring cry + molten shell, and at least for me that led to lots of 0/5 matches. maybe you should give it a try poutsos and see whether you fare any better?
"
raqxi wrote:
so, i tried some pvp today. it might be that my build is just too unoptimised, but i think cast on damage taken might have completely killed its viability. people are using immortal call + enduring cry + molten shell, and at least for me that led to lots of 0/5 matches. maybe you should give it a try poutsos and see whether you fare any better?

Immortal call doesn't last long, just kite when it pops and jump back on.

As far as the witcher goes, which is an amazing series of games and books, Poutsos only ever brought it up to say if you appreciate the difficulty of the dark more of the witcher, you might like the challenge this build brings. Arguing subgenres is totally missing the point.

Though as far as pvp goes against blockers, would a sword flicker duelist work? The 45% reduced enemy block nodes would help tons.
ever thought about iron reflex node?

you think it would be worth to take it? if i do ill have 8k armor if i pop a granite flask
Last edited by Dazaraki on Nov 1, 2013, 7:23:56 PM
Raqxi,i dont do any PvP at all anymore.I do not find it any interesting in the least.However i can see that it might be difficult now with the trigger gems.It started being difficult even abit awhile ago when everybody and his brother starting playing max block builds on PvP.Rogue,a sword flicker duelist(or shadow for that matter) might be a good idea.I ve never thought about,and definetely i am not gonna try it since i am not interested in PvP :P.
Dazaraki,IMO iron reflexes is worth it only if u use grace.Otherwise it is just a fine addition without being very usefull.Now it is pretty nearby if u want to take it.I considered the idea a bit but i dropped it since every last point was pretty important(well i could without the 2 +30 intelligence,but u get what i mean)
"
Poutsos wrote:
"
"
Poutsos wrote:

Led Zep may have been hard rock in its core,but they had so many blues,psychedelic,folk,ethnic infuences to call them a plain hard rock band they way Guns n Roses or Aerosmith were.Led Zep themselves hated the term hard rock.BTW i am doing my master on music education and i work as a guitar teacher so i beleive i am abit more entitled in music than games :P

Hi wuhawha1

Coincidentally, I am music educated my self. You into music theory? modes, patterns scales etc along with history and such? I've always been into that stuff.
You're getting alot more technical ( and correct) on the Led Zep, and I agree with this. But just plain saying it's not hard rock... I don't know about that. Defining sub genre's is a little tricky. For example you could call early GnR hard rock, but technically it's a shit mix of rock, metal, and blues. Maybe...blues/funk? Mr brownstone,...come on! depends on the song.
Retarded music media calls Tool metal...when it's progressive metal. :P...etc

PS: the Witcher isn't a arpg ( oh snap)
lol anyways no hard feelings.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Nov 2, 2013, 5:52:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info