"
DWARF666 wrote:
Write please you progressive at:

1-20 lvl
21-40 lvl
41-60 lvl
61-84 lvl

Thank you

Hey there.I have tried to do that but heres the thing.I ve never followed a build so far,except getting the idea for a crit dagger from invalscos build of the week video.I did on my own and its been so long,and made SO MANY mistakes until i optimised it and really do not know the best way to progress.I am really sorry.I would write down something,but i dont want it to be some bullshit way to level up that will give players a hard time.The only certain thing is that u ll need ALL your refund points and some regrets to level this build somw what smoothly.I remember screwing my build a ton of times while leveling up and i dnt want this to happen to others.

So PLEASE,players who tried this build so far,help me to construct an efficient and smooth leveling guide.Thank you!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
"
Karnageddon wrote:
"
spawnlink wrote:

Spoiler
When you get a chance work into heartseeker (I stopped at heartseeker but i will pick the rest up again later) (crit multi down by the frenzy) it will help your build a ton, Im lvl 71 without abyssus or maligaro's, no quality gems, I max at 32K Dps. If you are impatient like me i would chop the last node off of each dagger line up by CI.

Note that I have not gone down into the witch tree yet so I have ~3k ES. Honestly Phys reflect and freezing (have a pot but only 2 uses) are my only 2 issues even with my lower stats.

Something that me and OP discussed is that crit chance is not as good as a blue slot use in flicker strike as Power charge on crit, while initial dps is lower the fact that you are around 30-40% crit chance as base, means you will build up the charges quickly, 3 charges out does my lvl 17 crit chance. I took the extra charge in the shadow tree for a 4th as well.

Also you need chayula >.< 6-8Gcp gets you a decent one.
Spoiler

Okay, so I managed to respec and get heartseeker and I'm starting to feel like I'm really lacking somewhere. Can I ask both you and Poutsos to list your base flicker DPS? (in town, without auras etc)

I feel like I'm going wrong somewhere and trying to figure out what I'm missing, could it be that my crappy dagger is holding me back by almost 40-60k dps? Can either of you also test with a dagger that's around 220dps for comparison?

Again, here's my gear as I currently stand:
Spoiler

All of this has stacked up my dps fast, especially Abyssus, but I feel like i'm missing a key component still.

Edit: Since 300+dps daggers tend to sell for 15-20ex now because of how difficult they are to find, i bought a itemlvl 78
today.

Why Platinum Kris? look at the ridiculous crit chance!

I'm hoping to get lucky and craft a nice one, hell anything over mine is an upgrade at this point. I spent all my hard earned currency on the gear (been playing for just over month).

Edit x2: Also, i know you guys have been pushing me to switch life leech etc, and I absolutely will, I am only keeping it around right now for survivability. I'm just at the borderline of 1 hitting everything, once I raise my DPS and cross that threshold, i can get rid of life leech. I have tried a 4link with flicker>multi>melee on full life>melee dmg and it adds around 5k dps more, but still not enough to reach 50k dps. I'm missing something and having a hard time figuring out what.

melee phys, melee on full life, and crit on amulet although disregard that if you use chayula

those are probably whats missing, oh, and more quality on flicker, etc

standing in town im at 22.2k flicker on a 4 link, bad accuracy and base crit chance on my dagger isnt that great, 82% chance to hit, i really need that other ring, oh, and im on the other crit build skill tree (inva build) probably why i dont have much accuracy because of having less dex nodes :D
"
Karnageddon wrote:
"
spawnlink wrote:

When you get a chance work into heartseeker (I stopped at heartseeker but i will pick the rest up again later) (crit multi down by the frenzy) it will help your build a ton, Im lvl 71 without abyssus or maligaro's, no quality gems, I max at 32K Dps. If you are impatient like me i would chop the last node off of each dagger line up by CI.

Note that I have not gone down into the witch tree yet so I have ~3k ES. Honestly Phys reflect and freezing (have a pot but only 2 uses) are my only 2 issues even with my lower stats.

Something that me and OP discussed is that crit chance is not as good as a blue slot use in flicker strike as Power charge on crit, while initial dps is lower the fact that you are around 30-40% crit chance as base, means you will build up the charges quickly, 3 charges out does my lvl 17 crit chance. I took the extra charge in the shadow tree for a 4th as well.

Also you need chayula >.< 6-8Gcp gets you a decent one.

Okay, so I managed to respec and get heartseeker and I'm starting to feel like I'm really lacking somewhere. Can I ask both you and Poutsos to list your base flicker DPS? (in town, without auras etc)

I feel like I'm going wrong somewhere and trying to figure out what I'm missing, could it be that my crappy dagger is holding me back by almost 40-60k dps? Can either of you also test with a dagger that's around 220dps for comparison?

Again, here's my gear as I currently stand:
Spoiler

All of this has stacked up my dps fast, especially Abyssus, but I feel like i'm missing a key component still.

Edit: Since 300+dps daggers tend to sell for 15-20ex now because of how difficult they are to find, i bought a itemlvl 78
today.

Why Platinum Kris? look at the ridiculous crit chance!

I'm hoping to get lucky and craft a nice one, hell anything over mine is an upgrade at this point. I spent all my hard earned currency on the gear (been playing for just over month).

Edit x2: Also, i know you guys have been pushing me to switch life leech etc, and I absolutely will, I am only keeping it around right now for survivability. I'm just at the borderline of 1 hitting everything, once I raise my DPS and cross that threshold, i can get rid of life leech. I have tried a 4link with flicker>multi>melee on full life>melee dmg and it adds around 5k dps more, but still not enough to reach 50k dps. I'm missing something and having a hard time figuring out what.

My frenzy dps in town is 54635 linked with multistrike,melee damage,melee on full life,increase critical damage.Also it is 34K linked with multistrike,melee damage on full life,melee splash,increase cirt damage.The only thing in your gear that makes me think that lowers your DPS are the life leech gems instead of melee physical damage and the lack of accuracy in your rings.Please post your current build once again.oh and with this dagger
which has 192 DPS,my DPS in town is 40K and 82K fully buffed(hatred,5 frenzy charges,and onslaught).So i think it is mainly the lack of accuracy,and not having the linked gems the way i do.Hope this helps.

PS.I hope everyone who tries this build takes a 6th frenzy from the bandit quest on merciless.But not doing so,i am losing 15% increase attack speed for flicker,and potentially 18%increase attack speed and 12%increase physical damage for freny :/ When is the damn bandit respec coming??
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Karnageddon

I cant post my DPS atm because I am at work but I know fully buffed with single target Flicker>Melee phys>Phys FUll>Increased crit multi>Power charge on crit>Multistrike I top at 37K DPS (4 power, 6 frenzy). I tend to run Splash more often then not, I will swap out Melee Phys out with it for single target fights against bosses. The dps drops down to ~25k DPS with splash.

I lack mana atm so I only run Hatred and Purity. I have no quality gems on.

Here is my skill tree if it helps.

http://goo.gl/wVc85Y

For some reason this tree is missing my extra power charge, but w/e. I am working on arm wrestling right now above heart seeker however i may take it out later when I get enough points to reach arcane focus. I think its only like 1K dps for that tree to arm wrestling.

Here is my gear

I am working on my Gloves and Dagger.

I think the biggest changes to this build is the play style, I don't have problems running solo or group with my current stats, I have done maps up to 74. I just play more cautious in a group (obviously) generally not using flicker until I know whats in the mob and how close other mobs are. You are not a tank so no need to be the first to rush in, I tend to play the role of trash killer. The OP has issues with using flicker for more than 2-3 seconds (I think that's their statement), I can generally flicker longer than that ~10-15 seconds before I notice any really drop off. So this build really runs different for everyone. Im on a terrible internet connection 3Mbit/.7Mbit. My machine is decent however 3770k@3.9Ghz,HIS 7950, os and POE run off separate SSD's (m4's), I run max graphics and windowed (1770x1000 ish).

So perhaps I should make a video of my play style vs the OP, there may be something you are missing.

Last edited by spawnlink on Jul 29, 2013, 1:47:47 PM
3Mbit is hardly terrible, in fact most games need much lower speed then that. What matters is the your latency to the server and even more important how stable your connection is. Packet loss is one of the main reasons for desync.
"
azmodael wrote:
3Mbit is hardly terrible, in fact most games need much lower speed then that. What matters is the your latency to the server and even more important how stable your connection is. Packet loss is one of the main reasons for desync.

I agree, latency seems to be ok even with my ADSL2+ connection despite my terrible demarc and bad Mipx 700a that shares video feeds. I tend to get jitter & latency spikes only during prime time.I am a bit stuck with it since I live in a small town. But yes when the nation average connection is fiber and 10Mbit+ my connection looks bad.

I use MAC QOS in DDWRT and I use NetBalance as a software packet priority system, to help solve some of the excess network traffic. Although neither system is comparable to my old Astaro firewall, it did a great job.
Last edited by spawnlink on Jul 29, 2013, 3:33:00 PM
"
spawnlink wrote:
Karnageddon

I cant post my DPS atm because I am at work but I know fully buffed with single target Flicker>Melee phys>Phys FUll>Increased crit multi>Power charge on crit>Multistrike I top at 37K DPS (4 power, 6 frenzy). I tend to run Splash more often then not, I will swap out Melee Phys out with it for single target fights against bosses. The dps drops down to ~25k DPS with splash.

I lack mana atm so I only run Hatred and Purity. I have no quality gems on.

Here is my skill tree if it helps.

http://goo.gl/wVc85Y

For some reason this tree is missing my extra power charge, but w/e. I am working on arm wrestling right now above heart seeker however i may take it out later when I get enough points to reach arcane focus. I think its only like 1K dps for that tree to arm wrestling.

Here is my gear

I am working on my Gloves and Dagger.

I think the biggest changes to this build is the play style, I don't have problems running solo or group with my current stats, I have done maps up to 74. I just play more cautious in a group (obviously) generally not using flicker until I know whats in the mob and how close other mobs are. You are not a tank so no need to be the first to rush in, I tend to play the role of trash killer. The OP has issues with using flicker for more than 2-3 seconds (I think that's their statement), I can generally flicker longer than that ~10-15 seconds before I notice any really drop off. So this build really runs different for everyone. Im on a terrible internet connection 3Mbit/.7Mbit. My machine is decent however 3770k@3.9Ghz,HIS 7950, os and POE run off separate SSD's (m4's), I run max graphics and windowed (1770x1000 ish).

So perhaps I should make a video of my play style vs the OP, there may be something you are missing.

I d like to see a video of your gameplay!I also notices you went for heartseeker instead of pressure points.I think i would have done the same thing if i hadnt abysus.But with abysus i prefer with these 4 points to have 50% crit chance and 30% multiplier instead of 70% multiplier,plus pressure points are next to 3 passives that give a total of 14%increased attack speed,16% increase physical damage and 4% movement speed.But without abysus i d go for heartseeker as well.I definetely wouldnt suggest to get abysus or maligaros,without getting resistances on your rings first and the ES passives from the witch area.
My res is already 71% 78% 78% so i'm not really worried about them any more, its all pretty much handled by my shield. I will make a video soon. But yes I need the ES first.
Last edited by spawnlink on Jul 29, 2013, 9:55:20 PM
"
spawnlink wrote:
My res is already 71% 78% 78% so i'm not really worried about them any more, its all pretty much handled by my shield. I will make a video soon. But yes I need the ES first.

I know your resistances are good :) the reason i mentioned the rings is because maligaros gloves and abysus offer no resistances at all,so u ll need more on rings,if and when u decide to use them
Last edited by Poutsos on Jul 29, 2013, 10:24:00 PM
So, for those that are wondering how much base damage and crit matter ... i had a bit of a surprise today.

I aquired poutsos' old dagger, which was a very significant upgrade from the dagger i had.

Daggers:
Spoiler

As you can see, the DPS difference is humongous. One has 155.4 DPS, the other has 291

What kind of damage improvement does that translate to? Well, see for yourself:

Flicker Strike (9%) with the new dagger -- added fire, melee phys, MS, PCOC

With the old dagger:

To me, this was completely crazy. Despite the absolutely massive DPS difference, the crit dagger outperforms the phys dagger quite consistently.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info