0.11.0d Patch Notes

"
LeninGHOLA wrote:
You don't play HC, especially Onslaught thinking you can just absorb Kole hits and be fine. You get out of the way. You should get out of the way in Standard as well. That death was his fault, through and through.

In other words, if you play solo & melee, you should just skip this unbalanced game content, since this is the only way to "get out of his way". Great advice!
Last edited by Bhaya on Jun 13, 2013, 10:39:09 AM
a one time full respec option wud be nice in future patches.. just so that u can create some late-game effective builds from scratch without good gear stashed away
"
KibaArtist wrote:
Kripp took one for the team!
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
"
Bhaya wrote:
"
Lauicus wrote:

I do agree that you must seek out your weaknesses and try to counter it. My brothers main (and first) char cleave marauder had a lot of trouble with Kole-like bosses until he started to use a skele-totem to distract them when he whirled in from behind to deliver his dual-strike blows, guerrilla style. They're still the most dangerous bosses for him, but its doable. My summoner witch on the other hand takes Kole as a little snack (after 0.11 sometimes 1 or 2 zombies died, wow!). So... melee looks weak? Well, the Coward's Trial painfully pointed out the weakness of my summoner-build; when the monsters numbers became too overwhelming to keep my horde up and with no means of escaping the area my witch was quickly reduced to a defenseless bubble of ES that only could run in circles while my brother whirled right in the middle of the insane monter-pack (couldn't even see the floor, have never seen such an summoner-boss) and cleaved the summoner and his minions simultaneously to death in only 10-15 seconds.

That's what I like so much about this game: Not only do you need to l2p the game, you also need to l2p each build you use.

That's what I like so much about this game: Not only do you need to l2p the game, you also need to l2p each build you use.

How would you like people who play solo l2p, if you say that some builds have no chance in certain situations? Is the learning process limited only to a conclusion that you have to play in groups in order to succeed in the game as a whole?

Didn't say "no chance", said "strengths and weaknesses". The situation I described was to illustrate the strengths and weaknesses of two quite opposite builds, and definitely not to state that there is no chance for a certain build to overcome a certain situation. Both my brother and I are completely able to play the entire campaign solo.

Maps is entirely different thing. Devs stated somewhere that they intend to have some maps not being playable for certain builds. Bloodmagic-maps for instance, are impossible for my CI-witch to play. Maybe that the only one unique map where you're locked in like a rat in a small cage should be categorized as impossible to play too, at least solo. But on the other hand... so many skills in this game I didn't try yet.

The fact that optional group play can help you through build-inherent impossible situations is only a bonus imo.
"
Bhaya wrote:
"
LeninGHOLA wrote:
You don't play HC, especially Onslaught thinking you can just absorb Kole hits and be fine. You get out of the way. You should get out of the way in Standard as well. That death was his fault, through and through.

In other words, if you play solo & melee, you should just skip this unbalanced game content, since this is the only way to "get out of his way". Great advice!

It is great advice. If you don't move out of the way of a telegraphed attack from the hardest hitting sub boss outside of high level maps, you may die. Especially in Onslaught. At the very least, don't go all out dps on the one mob in the game that your build is really weak to. Pop some defensive measures.

If anything should have been changed on Kole, it would have been to reduce or eliminate his crit ability, but keep his normal slam damage high.
So now i need to worry more about that chaos dmg dude when im farming with low life in places that i KNOW there inst chaos dmg... fuck this
IGN: Ziggro
"
LeninGHOLA wrote:
"
Bhaya wrote:
"
LeninGHOLA wrote:

It is great advice. If you don't move out of the way of a telegraphed attack from the hardest hitting sub boss outside of high level maps, you may die. Especially in Onslaught. At the very least, don't go all out dps on the one mob in the game that your build is really weak to. Pop some defensive measures.

If anything should have been changed on Kole, it would have been to reduce or eliminate his crit ability, but keep his normal slam damage high.

he was nerfed for like 2-3% ...I died to him 10 mins before the patch (my fault) and then faced him again 10 mins after the patch and honestly I haven't seen any change.
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
IGN: Megawipe
Lol why do all those people here complain about Kole getting nerfed just for Kripp? Thats retarded, 95% of you havent even fought against kole on mercieless yet so you cant even relate to how crazy the damage was.
Hardcore Theorycrafter
just wanted to drop some feedback to cut the bs about path of life nodes and the OPness of cole prepatch.
i used to do cole runs prepatch with 2k es and 20k armour (pre flask)
i guess its still a bit onorthodox to have dex.
i would kill cole with flicker and frenzy (5&4l). if id get hit id survive, sometimes barely but popping an armour flask was enough. no need for enfeeble or an extra evasion flask.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info