New Video: Dyadus Detonate Dead [The Dyadus Thread]

Going to sidetrack you on the ring bit, but you can achieve your theme through the item art too:

More examples of "twin" faced masks in the spoilers.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

This would pin your theme down artistically and than you are free to do a theme that fits your play style, maybe your children or your family. You could at something to the mask or another item in the form of:

Critical strike hits summons skeleton minions up to 4 max.

This than would be a symbol of birth, maybe the life and death cycle. It stays all a bit grimm ofc. since it is after all PoE.

Another suggestion:

Endurance charges also count as power charges.

Maybe you hope that the kids will be there for each other? Another theme that could work.

Another suggestion:

Life and life nodes count towards energy shield. Armour and evasion are reduced to 0.

You hope that in life and in spirit they support each other and are together?

Just throwing some examples to you how in different ways you can achieve the theme you wish to have. It does not have to be the ring that combines with another ring. Hope I don't create more confusion ;), but my ideas somewhat help you out.

Last edited by Ozgwald on Jun 12, 2013, 4:55:08 AM
"
Hrishi wrote:
"
Alfabetica wrote:
How about a ring with:

"
-8% to all elemental resistances
+20% chaos resistance
-20% maximum chaos resistance
If your total resistance of an element or chaos is negative, it is inverted

It allows you to gear for two resistances (to 75%) and keep a third at 68%, assuming you're in Merciless with it's -60% to all resists and you have none of that specific resist. The ability to get 40% chaos resist with no chaos resist gear would be very useful too.

However, if you had a second ring, you could cap all your resistances at 75% with no resistances on gear, although gearing to that degree of specificity could be hard unless you feel like running a lot of blues, which can make getting additional stats difficult. Additionally it has a risk/reward thing going with chaos resistance. You'd have 20% chaos resistance but a possible maximum of 35% chaos resist if you decided to roll a lot of chaos resist on gear in place of elemental resists.

But then you could use this with chaos inoculation and get immune to chaos damage and require no resist gear to be resist capped right?

Does Chaos Inoculation raise your Chaos resist to 100% or function in some other way?

Either way, just stick 'can not be used with Chaos Inoculation' on it like Midnight Bargain.
"
Alfabetica wrote:
Does Chaos Inoculation raise your Chaos resist to 100% or function in some other way?

Either way, just stick 'can not be used with Chaos Inoculation' on it like Midnight Bargain.

I know it changes your chaos resistance to 100%, but I wonder how it works when you manually reduce max chaos resistance. I don't think it will change, because normally your max chaos resistance IS 75%, yet CI will set it to 100%.

Either way, like you said, you could just stick a "cannot be used with CI" affix and solve it.
Sorry for not responding to all your comments! I've spent some time refining the idea with the devs who have clearly been super busy hence the late response.

I've updated the opening post with the latest developments. Axes, not rings! (ok ok fine fine, I know we've got Soul Taker already... I'll just have to think of something special here)
I resubmit my idea for a very low-level one-handed weapon with essentially no stats (similar to Tabula Rasa) which requires dual-wielding, exactly duplicates your mainhand weapon's stats, and has no sockets.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jul 9, 2013, 1:06:03 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I resubmit my idea for a very low-level one-handed weapon with essentially no stats (similar to Tabula Rasa) which requires dual-wielding, exactly duplicates your mainhand weapon's stats, and has no sockets.

Hey ScrotieMcB, I love your idea A LOT. I think there's a lot of potential to it and would really kick rear as a dual cleave / cyclone build.

If I had a second eternal pack I'd most definitely ask for something like this. Unfortunately, theme-wise, it's not exactly what I was envisaging for this item (with the dual dragons theme to represent my children).

Now, to scrounge up another US$1.5k.... :S

Actually, your suggested item would go extremely well with the twin axes idea I had in mine. Since the unique I'm envisaging changes its affixes if there's 2 of it equipped, your item could also be used in the offhand slot instead of having to find 2 of the same unique :)
In that case, maybe...

Right hand: Large bonus to critical strike chance while dual wielding
Left hand: Large bonus to critical strike damage multiplier while dual wielding

Without getting corny and explicitly naming each other, having two of the same weapon would provide an ideal synergistic relationship.

Although it seems to me like that might work better with a pair of unique daggers.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
In that case, maybe...

Right hand: Large bonus to critical strike chance while dual wielding
Left hand: Large bonus to critical strike damage multiplier while dual wielding

Without getting corny and explicitly naming each other, having two of the same weapon would provide an ideal synergistic relationship.

Although it seems to me like that might work better with a pair of unique daggers.

what you're saying is exactly what i was thinking about :)

similar to shavronne's revelation:
if equipped in main hand - 1 affix
if equipped in off hand - 1 other affix

the 2 affixes would have to be complementary (maybe not crit for axes though as you've pointed out)
Other ideas don't seem as good.

Flat life + % life regeneration (this one's a hard sell, since it's pretty much all low-life based)
Flat elemental damage + % weapon elemental damage (makes one hand very similar to new Vaal blade)
Increased stun duration + reduced stun threshold (more mace than axe?)
Flat mana + % mana regeneration (not so great with blood magic)
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jul 9, 2013, 2:05:52 AM
i'll stay away from the affixes as i think rory and i have come up with something which should hopefully be interesting.

in the meanwhile, i'm very excited to share the very first draft sketches that i've received. very very happy about this! thanks rory and campbell!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info