every class is hybrid

You could also say that all characters who doesn't rely on spells (so all melee and some Rangers too) need dexterity to hit anything at all ;)

Though ther are always some ways to get around those needs - gear (don't foreget that you can reforge stuff untill you get the enchatments you need (e.g. more accuracy or more mana)); some passives (Resolute techniques and you don't need any dex, Blood magic and you need no int, strenght skills can be rather mana cheap (not all, but some are) and taking something with manaleech can already be enough to survive without much int); active and support skill (there is also a bloodmagic support gem; and Shield charge never misses)
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
"
Sony_Black wrote:
You could also say that all characters who doesn't rely on spells (so all melee and some Rangers too) need dexterity to hit anything at all ;)

every ability requires mana, so isn't every ability a spell? whether it costs 10 or 100 to cast, you are casting a spell.

I don't mind stacking hit% and survivability on a melee -- this is what you have to do to make a melee so it's sort of expected. It does feel weird to have to think about mana on a melee though (except templar ofc)
"
pilnomi wrote:
every ability requires mana, so isn't every ability a spell?

Not really, no. Maybe in other games, but not here.

Here, "spells" are those skills which do not care about the damage and attacks-per-second numbers on your weapon; those that do care are "attacks".
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
It's rather easy to get around mana with Mana Leach passives, support or abilities.
well yah, I know this game doesn't consider all abilities spells but they do all require mana, which is the topic here. so for the intent of this discussion -- they are spells, because you need mana to cast them. since you need mana to cast them you have to take mana passives, even if you're purely STR or purely DEX. which is what makes every class a "hybrid" imo..

Last edited by pilnomi on Jul 30, 2012, 3:42:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info