every class is hybrid

because they all use mana!

I'm confused by the Duelist especially because he doesn't get something different that is boosted by his STR/DEX, or get his mana/regen boosted by his STR/DEX. a duelist that likes to use abilities has to invest in STR, DEX, and INT?

maybe I'm just a noob (which I am) and there is really an ability in there somewhere that does this (converts STR/DEX to mana for duelist)?

If you really want a pure STR or pure DEX classes you have to make the base stat grant mana. otherwise they have to invest in INT too right?

feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here.. my highest level toon is 23 I think, so I am by no means, an expert on the topic -- it just strikes me as weird to call the Templar hybrid, but yet everyone else has to grab some INT too.

*edit* - by this definition, the witch is the only non-hybrid since she can go all INT if she chooses, and still use abilities. I suppose a marauder or ranger could go all auto-attack with no mana-using abilities too, but I'd hardly call that intended gameplay and you'd be severely crippled (you can't support gem your auto attack to my knowledge)..
Last edited by pilnomi on Jul 30, 2012, 1:40:47 PM
Yeah it's kind of strange actually. I found that the Shadow makes a better Ranger than the Ranger :)

"
Peanutz wrote:
Yeah it's kind of strange actually. I found that the Shadow makes a better Ranger than the Ranger :)

I know its off topic but would you explain why? Was thinking of creating a ranged shadow build but no idea how to do so atm
"
pilnomi wrote:

I'm confused by the Duelist especially because he doesn't get something different that is boosted by his STR/DEX, or get his mana/regen boosted by his STR/DEX. a duelist that likes to use abilities has to invest in STR, DEX, and INT?

maybe I'm just a noob (which I am) and there is really an ability in there somewhere that does this (converts STR/DEX to mana for duelist)?

If you really want a pure STR or pure DEX classes you have to make the base stat grant mana. otherwise they have to invest in INT too right?

feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here.. my highest level toon is 23 I think, so I am by no means, an expert on the topic -- it just strikes me as weird to call the Templar hybrid, but yet everyone else has to grab some INT too.

*edit* - by this definition, the witch is the only non-hybrid since she can go all INT if she chooses, and still use abilities. I suppose a marauder or ranger could go all auto-attack with no mana-using abilities too, but I'd hardly call that intended gameplay and you'd be severely crippled (you can't support gem your auto attack to my knowledge)..

I think you are looking at it in the wrong way maybe. While all characters may want some Intelligence points, the hybrid classes are placed on the borders of two different stat areas of the skill tree. This allows them to dip into the skills favoring either side much easier than others. This is what makes them hybrid.
The Skill Tree is amazing ! Great work .
When I heard about cutthroat league I had a vision of a place, and in that place I saw a man, and in that man I saw my sword, and in my inventory I saw his loot
"
pilnomi wrote:

Not if they reach Blood Magic on the skill tree ;)

Yes it's a long trip for some classes though.
not enough time for gaming!
sprinkling the pure STR and pure DEX sections of the tree with INT seems like a band-aid for bad design (in this singular aspect -- I really do love the game!!!)

I know blood magic is out there but I don't see how someone could make it there without grabbing some +INT nodes. unless they have someone group with them and don't mind carrying his weight.
'Hybrid' is an outdated concept for this game. Mindlessly stacking your class's 'primary stat' will suffice for select builds, but you are missing out on a significant portion of the game.

For your example, the witch can get by just stacking Int, but you will be unable to use powerful support gems like Greater Multiple Projectiles.

Every class has ready access to mana skills near their starting point, as well as +30 Int node which have been placed there just for this purpose; so you can grab large boosts of 'off stats' without veering from your main tree path.
"
Basinx wrote:

Thank you, sir

looks really interesting :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info