Ranger Start Tree feedback

new ranger tree is great for dual wield weapon
new ranger tree is great for weapon and shield
new ranger tree is NOT good for 2h weapons.

if you look at marauder bottom branch,
theres 1h on top, 2h on bottom, and just melee phys in middle.

ranger has big nodes for 1h and shield
the 'melee' nodes require going through these, which is silly. and inefficient.
fix that and im 100% happy with new ranger tree.

i mean i want also ranger to have staff nodes,
dexterity block w staff actually makes sense for a nimble ranger forest hunter person.
like a marauder is gonna use a staff when they can use a mace.
maybe someday.

btw the area between ranger and shadow was untouched.
the wheels there are bad and inefficient to get to.
maybe touch em up a bit. or the area,
maybe cut out the extra +10 nodes,
so u dont have to waste 5 points just to get there.
"
zephiroth3 wrote:

i mean i want also ranger to have staff nodes,
dexterity block w staff actually makes sense for a nimble ranger forest hunter person.
like a marauder is gonna use a staff when they can use a mace.
maybe someday.

Staves are Str/Int weapons in Path of Exile - putting staff nodes in the Ranger area would be like putting bow nodes in the Templar area.

Agreed on the area between Shadow and Ranger - it's a pain to cross, and apart from Claws of the Pride, those four weapon circles are very underwhelming (and difficult to get to from the Ranger side). At the very least I would mirror the shortcut the Shadow has into the bow and claw circles, so the Ranger can get into the sword and dagger circles quickly.
Last edited by Incompetent on Jul 20, 2013, 4:39:04 AM
"

Ranger are not really meant to use 2H weapon, there isn't any dext 2H weapon, just str/dext, str/int or pure str.
This is competely normal to me, ranger are no brutes -> they are not str aligned, they can be hybrid though, but then hey, get the nodes you want in the Str section of the tree.

Melee ranger means DW or 1H if it's not 2H, so one way or the other, you get what you need in there. Else you can just get away from the ranger start with +10dext nodes.

/agree for between shadow/ranger area thought
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Wooser69 wrote:
Don't increases to flask recovery also apply to leech, or did they fix that?

Primal Spirit tooltip states: "[...] Mana Recovery from Flasks" so we should not expect, that it works for mana leech.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
"
Fruz wrote:
"

Ranger are not really meant to use 2H weapon, there isn't any dext 2H weapon, just str/dext, str/int or pure str.
This is competely normal to me, ranger are no brutes -> they are not str aligned, they can be hybrid though, but then hey, get the nodes you want in the Str section of the tree.

Melee ranger means DW or 1H if it's not 2H, so one way or the other, you get what you need in there. Else you can just get away from the ranger start with +10dext nodes.

/agree for between shadow/ranger area thought

There's a cluster of 2H melee nodes only a few nodes away from the ranger start, dude.

Anyway I suggested a possible change here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/411738/page/26#p4109923
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Last edited by Wooser69 on Jul 20, 2013, 4:58:47 PM
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
Wooser69 wrote:
Don't increases to flask recovery also apply to leech, or did they fix that?

Primal Spirit tooltip states: "[...] Mana Recovery from Flasks" so we should not expect, that it works for mana leech.

I remember kripp saying months back that you could improve leech with the same mods as flasks, as they both act as recovery, though looking back he was talking about recovery rate effecting leech caps, increased amount doesn't have an effect even if that leech effect is still the case. So nevermind.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
"
There's a cluster of 2H melee nodes only a few nodes away from the ranger start, dude.

GGG is alowing ranger to be able to get some 2H nodes for those who would like to spec in it, this is something nice.
It doesn't mean that ranger should be optimized being 2H weapons users if they are not meant to.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Wooser69 wrote:
Small critique about the new ranger start. Image to help.

Above, the Weapon Artistry node increases all phy damage, as do the 2 red nodes on the left. However, the only nodes that lead to heart of the panther are either dual wield nodes or one handed. Not far below is a cluster for 2-handed weapons, while the nearby sword cluster could also apply to 2-handers.

My point is, weapon artistrys 20% damage is a big bonus that would be of use even to 2-hander builds and as extremely niche as 2-hander rangers may be, I think they shouldn't have to waste nodes, especially when they're gonna have to jump a lot of hoops to make a 2-handed ranger work in the first place.

So my suggestion is to make the 2 one-handed melee weapon nodes connecting to weapon artistry the same 10% melee physical damage nodes on the left. This would also be on use to facebreaker builds who would find the 20% from weapon artistry one of the few places to get non-weapon based phys damage increases.

Otherwise, I love this new start! Heart of the oak and primal spirit are great!

yeah didnt read all 28 pages, but yes, i share the same sentiment->
since ranger isnt caster only like witch basically is, they are attack users,
should have option for 2h wep, theres no reason why not, would be easy to work in.
"
zephiroth3 wrote:
theres no reason why not

there is.
<redacted>
Personal Item Filter(s):
https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/Rxpet8
Last edited by Censurri on Apr 13, 2021, 9:47:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info