Counter Molten Shell

Only real 'counters' are abusing Bear Trap and stacking spellblock.

It really shouldn't be one shotting people though. Well...not sure about after 11.0. But people with Kaoms or 8k+ ES certainly didn't get one shot by it before :)
"
aimlessgun wrote:
Only real 'counters' are abusing Bear Trap and stacking spellblock.

It really shouldn't be one shotting people though. Well...not sure about after 11.0. But people with Kaoms or 8k+ ES certainly didn't get one shot by it before :)

every tried playing a physical melee against a block build with tempest shield EE and molten and under 5k pool? its not abusing bear traps if you have no other choice but to use an OP skill to counter another OP skill, but as a 2her ranger with no spell block, no crits, and no koams its really the only option i have to use against a very strong molten, ive even considered buying a max lvl EK linked with iron will to try and blow up the molten so i can at least attack my opponent. but even then, they could just cast another if they have enough ES/HP to survive a hit or two.
IGN: High____Lander | xDominus

40 Arena pvper: Bleed_Pig

Guild: <HERB> THC
Last edited by oowarpigoo on Jun 7, 2013, 3:33:59 AM
I think you're taking it the wrong way. I don't mean it as an attack on anyone. It's just the word I used to describe "slot a metric fuckton of bear traps while using melees superior mobility to avoid damage". I don't think people are bad or cheap or whatever for doing that.
the damage of Molten Shell is extreme high , I lost 4000+ ES per hit when I fought templarthefall . He just stand there and cast severals Molten shell cause he got a huge ES pool with Zealot . This molten doesn't work well with any other builds except those tanky builds though . But I think molten ' damage is really OP compare to other skills .

I dont say using Molten is dirty , I just say Molten is OP at this time .
IGN : SunPrice - Level 89 Standard
Last edited by SunPrice on Jun 30, 2013, 9:52:50 PM
molten is way to strong atm, anyone with a 3L can make a strong enough molten to almost 1 shot any melee physical build that has low pool. i suggest adding a cooldown to it so that it cant just be spammed by any tanky build as a main attack against the majority of melee builds, anywhere form 2-10 seconds would be enough. maybe add a system where you could spend endurance charges to bypass the cooldown just like flicker and coldsnap. im sure this will be addressed once they start doing the pvp revamp.

Last edited by oowarpigoo on Jul 1, 2013, 3:27:07 PM
i feel like i'm the unspoken name in most of the convos here =]. Yes i use molten shell with a combination of support gems to increase its damage, but the only reason i use it is to counter block penetration. I made my build to counter every other build i could think of and to date i still do... with the exception of sword users who can attain up to 100% block penetration from the tree. that in itself is a huge counter to my build and i think it should be reduced to a more reasonable % (50-60% range). Max block in this game is 75%, yet one can remove what took 30+ nodes in just 6 lvls. I and any block build can argue that is unfair. Those who do not use a sword can argue they stand no chance at all against block builds... but that's another argument in itself =p.

My solution is to nurf: Molten shell when block penetration is also nurfed.
Crit is also overpowered and many overlook the fact that there is only 30% crit reduction on the tree (2 15% nodes at marauder) yet you can gain up to 700% crit multi and have a 35% chance to crit. So much needs to be done but in the mean time lets have some fun =]
Team Omniscient

"
yardiegamer wrote:
i feel like i'm the unspoken name in most of the convos here =]. Yes i use molten shell with a combination of support gems to increase its damage, but the only reason i use it is to counter block penetration. I made my build to counter every other build i could think of and to date i still do... with the exception of sword users who can attain up to 100% block penetration from the tree. that in itself is a huge counter to my build and i think it should be reduced to a more reasonable % (50-60% range). Max block in this game is 75%, yet one can remove what took 30+ nodes in just 6 lvls. I and any block build can argue that is unfair. Those who do not use a sword can argue they stand no chance at all against block builds... but that's another argument in itself =p.

Crit is also overpowered and many overlook the fact that there is only 30% crit reduction on the tree (2 15% nodes at marauder) yet you can gain up to 700% crit multi and have a 35% chance to crit. So much needs to be done but in the mean time lets have some fun =]

no one said using Molten shell is dirty, they just want to say that Molten'damage is a little OP at the moment. Even I used molten in the past but I dont have enough skill slot to use it anymore :), I wish there was more than 8 slots ...

Molten doesn't work well with many builds, take ToughMudders as example , he get killed before Molten Shell exploded even.

What ppl tried to say is the base damage of the skill, 1735–2602 base fire damage is a a bit higher compare to other skills.
IGN : SunPrice - Level 89 Standard
Last edited by SunPrice on Jul 3, 2013, 7:15:35 AM
"
yardiegamer wrote:

i may seem bias because im a sword user who got the block penetration nodes, but most swords builds usually rely on very high attack speed. block is a VERY effective counter to ias builds, and if we didnt have those points we would just end up killing our self on every single block build we run into, even without molten. Also the two big groups of anti block nodes are on opposite sides of the tree it takes a little more than just 6 nodes to really take advantage of the only effective counter to block builds. plus those anti block nodes are basicly worthless when it comes to pve so its another sacrifice taking these nodes knowing that they are ONLY good for pvp.

There should be counters for every build in the game, and block builds only have one. (except bear trap of course)

got sidetracked there but my main problem with molten is if you know that its going to 1 hit you, as a physical melee build you must deal with it before you are allowed to attack. Even if you do manage to break molten and you can finally attack, all that's needed to be done is the simple cast of another molten to finish the job, id like to see a cooldown on it just so there is a window of opportunity to attack.

@Sunprice - lol idk why ur saying toughs build isnt effective with molten, its just not as spammable as someone with real high pool.

it would be nice to get some feedback from the devs, im beginning to wonder if they play pvp at all.

Last edited by oowarpigoo on Jul 3, 2013, 6:54:43 PM
Molten, Cyclone(multistrike-dsync), bear trap, mines, viper strike... heard the same arguments so many times; the fact is all of these skills can be countered multiple ways

Its also getting old to see so many ppl saying "oh pvp revamp means they are going to change all the skills in the game...." this simply is illogical.. pvp revamp is going to be 90% mechanics/arena's/battle grounds possibly/ the que-ing & joining system/ranking system.. leaving 10% (my guess) for any skill tweaks for pvp solely

They have already said they are working on skill updates and have only just begun that process.. why would they go ahead and do the whole thing again when they introduce an updated pvp System

The only real change i think should be made right now is Block builds having very few counters and even fewer that are viable for your average build to use... a block penetration gem or dagger/mace/axe skill that penetrates block would correct this problem... its been sad to see all of the melee marauders become extinct in pvp due to block build abuse :(

To get back on topic, molten shell is to easy to reach high dmg and lower pool builds can kill themselves far to easily... as i see it molten could be changed by either allowing over-caping to count as your real resistance when hit by fire penetration or to add a very short 2-3 second cooldown on molten cast
Last edited by Greenbake on Jul 4, 2013, 1:33:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info