Eternal orb is not for crafting?

First when i saw eternal orb i thought it was created to help with crafting, now i dont think so anymore

example: you use alter on amulet, you get mod that you want, then you use augmentation to get second mod you want, and this is time for eternal orb now which is extremely rare

so now you have 1 shot on regal, if you get crap you need to use extremely rare eternal orb, just to try again with regal

with that in mind all you have is item with 2 great mods, which you need to keep until you grind probably few exalted worth eternal orb, just to try again with regal

If my example is the case only those that use RMT sites will craft

Eternal orb is in my opinion only created when you go from 4L to 5L, and 5L to 6L, nothing else sadly

i would like i am wrong and that there is a chance crafting will benefit from this orb
Depending on how rare it is.

Lets say it is between exalted and mirror. (closer to exalted)

Then i will use it when trying for 5L to 6L. When i have a pretty perfect rare and looking for the last affix on it for e.g the last hybrid physical/accuracy or crit chance or something else. Or if you have a weapon with high triple ele and attack speed or all three physical damage and attack speed and want to get two other godly suffixes on it.

This orb is for people who wants to craft the perfect item especially weapon by building each mods(from the fifth onward) little by little.
No food in fridge... Beer it is.
The orb isn't to save a regal or exalted when you use it, the orb is to protect the item your crafting.

Say it took you 500 alts and 10 regals to get an item to where it is, that is the value of the item when crafting, so if that is more then an eternal orbs value, use the orb, then exalt it. A bad exalt can ruin a perfect item, so the eternal orb stops that.
"
Guioki wrote:
The orb isn't to save a regal or exalted when you use it, the orb is to protect the item your crafting.

Say it took you 500 alts and 10 regals to get an item to where it is, that is the value of the item when crafting, so if that is more then an eternal orbs value, use the orb, then exalt it. A bad exalt can ruin a perfect item, so the eternal orb stops that.

this
a eternal orb can help you to create the best possible item

1 chaos the shit out of an item
2 wait for kickass mods
3 eternal it
4 exalt it
(repeat at step 3)

this way you limit the expenses in chaos regal alts ect and use only eternal and exalts :)
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Jun 1, 2013, 4:36:37 AM
"
bitedefer wrote:

Then i will use it when trying for 5L to 6L. When i have a pretty perfect rare and looking for the last affix on it for e.g the last hybrid physical/accuracy or crit chance or something else. Or if you have a weapon with high triple ele and attack speed or all three physical damage and attack speed and want to get two other godly suffixes on it.
Here's a plan that's several times better:
1. Instead of trading for or using an Eternal Orb, get a second, no-significant-links copy of the item you intend on making 6L.
2. Use Fusings on the gear you're not using.
3. Sell the non-6L copy for whatever it cost you to trade for the copy. Done right, and the cost of Step 1 is completely negated.

Eternal Orbs are not good for "reroll" orbs, to include Jewelers and Fusings -- the only exception to this is during a mirror service, for example using Chromatic to change colors first. What Eternal Orbs are good for are "add a stat" orbs -- Regal and most notably Exalted.

Outside of Fairy Tale Land, the only thing this orb will be used for is replacing the functionality of Orb of Scouring in the whole Regal->Exalt crafting scheme.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 1, 2013, 5:21:37 AM
ok i ll try to put it into another perspective

again me as example, i have played around 1000 hours since OB, which means A LOT more then average players

i have accumulated around 70 exalteds on both SC and HC, just in orbs, obviously 90-95% of those orbs were obtained via trading

so lets do the math in rough now

lets say you need around 500 alters to get 2 mods you want on item, and imo as i tried to craft before you are extremely lucky if you did get 2 mods with only 500 alter

then you use eternal

now you regal item, you get crap you use eternal to restore item, and lets say you need to repeat that 5 times to get desirable mod

so just to get 3 good mods you need 500 alter, 5 regal and 5 eternals, and if eternal more rare then exalted and it will be, it will cost few exalteds....and we didnt even go into exalted - eternal proces

only use for eternal in crafting is to wait for godly drop which happens once in blue moon and hope it has 5 mods, then you can improve that item, which doesnt make sense to me

TL;DR - eternal orb is not for crafting for 99% of the people, only use is to secure your 5L item when you go for 6L, and to improve godly items, otherwise it is just another currency orb for 99% of people playing
"
BoondockSaint wrote:
TL;DR - eternal orb is not for crafting for 99% of the people, only use is to secure your 5L item when you go for 6L, and to improve godly items, otherwise it is just another currency orb for 99% of people playing
It is not for Fusings. At all.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
eternal orbs will make you feel eternally stupid once you realized you payed 100 exalts for one. this is my prediciton =)
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
bitedefer wrote:

1. Instead of trading for or using an Eternal Orb, get a second, no-significant-links copy of the item you intend on making 6L.
3. Sell the non-6L copy for whatever it cost you to trade for the copy. Done right, and the cost of Step 1 is completely negated.

Eternal Orbs are not good for "reroll" orbs, to include Jewelers and Fusings -- the only exception to this is during a mirror service, for example using Chromatic to change colors first. What Eternal Orbs are good for are "add a stat" orbs -- Regal and most notably Exalted.

Outside of Fairy Tale Land, the only thing this orb will be used for is replacing the functionality of Orb of Scouring in the whole Regal->Exalt crafting scheme.

You can't trade eternaled copies. (if thats what you meant)

Edit: Actually nevermind, by copy you meant same item base type right? (like glorious plate or vaal regalia), if that's the case ignore my post
Last edited by crushertoxin on Jun 1, 2013, 5:39:14 AM
"
crushertoxin wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Spoiler
"
bitedefer wrote:

You can't trade eternaled copies. (if thats what you meant)

Edit: Actually nevermind, by copy you meant same item base type right? (like glorious plate or vaal regalia), if that's the case ignore my post
No I mean the item. Period.

If you want to 6L Shavronne's Wrappings and you already have 5L Shavronne's Wrapping, buy a second, insignificantly-socketed Shavronne's Wrappings, toss Fusings at the new one, then when you hit sell a 5L Shavronne's Wrappings.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info