How is a tank supposed to beat the Oversoul?

Onin, I tested this guy in Merciless with my 1st melee Ranger in Legacy. Her 2280-ish Life is low, and so probably lower than yours once you get to level 63 or so.

Shield Charge in Merciless very useful to play ping-pong between the Vaal spawns and get rid of them. Mine may have a Culling Strike support gem, but with any damag support gem I think you can one-shot those.

Viper Strike: go melee, you watch for his special attack , which you won't be able to evade anyway while you are in the middle of attacking but oh sorry I digress.. so you stack 4 charges of the cheap Chaos damage that works on all monsters... (and which also makes Oak fight easy).

Then if you're on a good day throw Vulnerability (increases the DOT damage) and Fire Trap to cook him up. One Fire Trap can also burn down Vaal shooters.

Still takes a little while, but seeing as his melee attack is difficult to avoid, I just stack poison and run around.

With 2280 ish life in Merciless I survive on laser beam. Usually the other ones are easy to escape, if you don't escape the others, as Chris mentionned, you get multiplied damage due to the Shock ailment.

With weapon swap you could put a sword/dagger on swap for stacking 4 Chaos charges. Damage doesn't matter.

Oversoul can be cursed with Vulnerability.
Last edited by DeF46 on Jul 24, 2012, 9:06:07 PM
"
loriccz wrote:
try using the shield slam.. it really works wonders on him

Do you mean Shield Charge?

This skill is one of my favorites but to be honest I've never really noticed that it stuns anything. Maybe I just never paid attention?

Hmm ok "150% Increased Stun Duration At Max Distance" (bolded). Does it make an effect on the monster's head when they are stunned? I'm really puzzled as I never saw any graphical feedback about stun? Maybe because I don't play a Marauder it was never obvious to me...
Last edited by DeF46 on Jul 24, 2012, 9:11:29 PM
shield charge is a blast with the adds you literally pinball around the room hitting the mobs without stopping.

fastest way to clear a room hit the first and aim away from it to a further mob then back towards the first and repeat. with added cold dmg and increased elemental plus increased crit chance. you'll be exploding mobs all over the room.

it also protects you from the boss by moving you at full run to new locations before he can zapp you.

melee on the boss with shield charge will do big enough damage to beat him just need to be willing to take the time to clear a few add waves and shield charge makes that easy.
"
DeF46 wrote:
"
loriccz wrote:
try using the shield slam.. it really works wonders on him

Do you mean Shield Charge?

This skill is one of my favorites but to be honest I've never really noticed that it stuns anything. Maybe I just never paid attention?

Hmm ok "150% Increased Stun Duration At Max Distance" (bolded). Does it make an effect on the monster's head when they are stunned? I'm really puzzled as I never saw any graphical feedback about stun? Maybe because I don't play a Marauder it was never obvious to me...

the mobs stand there doing nothing usually back to the screen when stunned. rares and mid lvl bosses stun pretty good bigger bosses usually save early.
I had 0 problems soloing it with my tank marauder at level 58 with 2200 hp, and only 900dps.

I just ignored all the adds, and dodged the slam and the laser. I dont think i even ran out of flasks.

Its likely your "tank" isnt actually tank, invest in better equipment and re-evaluate your skill build!
Last edited by RavenousRaven on Jul 25, 2012, 12:31:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info