Teaser of Anarchy League

"
yhateful wrote:
Are you people for real, no build diversity? I'll be the first to admit that Path of Life Noes does apply to most builds, but apart from that, there is twice, triple the diversity Diablo 2 ever had. And after 0.11, Path of Life Nodes may have come to an end, we'll see.

Anyway I'm really excited for these new leagues. Some people with a lacking understanding of the ARPG genre, having played too many MMORPG's in their days, will yell "OMG NEEDS MOAR CONTENT", but the fact is replaying dungeons for loot, and making new builds, is the staple of this genre. Sure more content is also fun, but don't fool yourself, any content they release is not going to satisfy someone purely looking to do fresh and new content all the time.
Knows his stuff.

Even still, PoE with its "Life Nodes", has more build diversity than every mmo combined <_<

On-topic: I'm assuming Anarchy League is something like: Every map instance has a random Unique Boss Monster (Similar to those in Maps, but possibly chosen from a pool of Boss's with unique builds, like the RF shown in the screenshot)
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
SaintSoLo wrote:
HOLD ON.. Are you telling me of the 24 Keystones.. People pick certain ones to build towards for their builds.. And the only difference between those builds are the differences? WHAT THE FUCK! THIS GAME IS BROKEN BEYOND REPAIR!!

I'm no in position for such statement, my thesis is, that regarding end-game build, diversity is a myth. And no offense, I'm willing to discuss end-game build, but with players who actually seen end-game.

It´s funny to see how people reach lvl 80 at standard league and come here saying "the game has no diversity"

1st- Just for example, a friend mine got to lvl 89 using a total new build with explosive arrow and CI, at 1 month race (even harder to build/gear up)

2nd- Like mostly of people forgot THIS IS A BETA! a lot of stuff will change/added, and i dont wanna lick some balls here, but GGG is doing pretty well

3rd- Not everything is perfect, and i hope low life builds get nerfed soon, so as reflect, that will make more people try new builds(mostly melee ones, i´m pretty sure GGG is working on that tho

@Topic:Any rewards after those 4 months? new leagues always sounds fun keep doing guys o/
IGN:Marlboro_

Check out my shop! http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/260880
Check out my DT tank spork guide! http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/315132
Nevermind, it's been posted.
Last edited by Zaqwert on May 28, 2013, 11:21:49 AM
"
tmaciak wrote:

What build variety? There is no build variety, only "path of life nodes".

Ehmm... i play a lvl 75 Cold Crit CI Witch and doesnt care about life.
I also played life builds ( Phy RoA Ranger(58), EA Bow Witch(63), LA Ranger(59)) All in Merciless 2Act or further. But i never found life builds that fun to play for me. i like ES builds much more. So i dont know to what "path of life nodes" u refer, but it must be an other game which tries to copy PoE and failed badly =D.

"
tmaciak wrote:

I tried to evolve my templar to be 2H without IR with all those dmg and armor passives and it ended in spending 40 regrets to respec him into cookie cut build and make him decent in maps.

Melee are harder to gear than ranged chars, so maybe ur items had sucked and not the build and with 40 regrets u could had buy some good gear.

"
tmaciak wrote:

"Build variety" ends with early cruel, in this lands of passives there is only few notable keystones and if you don't take it, you are not effective.

Just no. see first part for more explanation.

"
tmaciak wrote:

So main reason to level new characters, it means trying new build, end with non-effective waste timers or with the same build on another character...

maybe u are just bad at build making ? or hasnt good enough items for ur own builds ?

just my 2 cents,
kerze123
"

It´s funny to see how people reach lvl 80 at standard league and come here saying "the game has no diversity"

Playing?

And finishing "diversity discussion" yes, my summoner witch have quite different build than my lighting stike templar :D But if you take similar "class" like eg. lighting strike templar and cleave marauder, there is no way to diversify them too much, as to survive in end-game you have to take so many HP/ES/armor nodes as you can. Eg. I tried, but even with quite good items, I was unable to find better replacement to armor than going IR. It leaves almost all "damage" nodes unusable, as you can not afford to take them, because with limited pool of points, your survivability will be too low.

@Topic: I love create characters, gear and play them, from my friends playing aRPG I usually have the most characters and they are always fully geared. PoE is no exception. So, considering this, for me personally, there is no excitement in any new leagues, especially non-permanent ones. What is a fun with building a characters, knowing that you will have to abandon it after month?

"
kerze123 wrote:

Melee are harder to gear than ranged chars, so maybe ur items had sucked and not the build and with 40 regrets u could had buy some good gear.

Don't have time to waste for this mimic of trading as there is in PoE, prefer to play self-found.

EOT
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on May 28, 2013, 12:49:04 PM
"
tmaciak wrote:
"

Playing?

And finishing "diversity discussion" yes, my summoner witch have quite different build than my lighting stike templar :D But if you take similar "class" like eg. lighting strike templar and cleave marauder, there is no way to diversify them too much, as to survive in end-game you have to take so many HP/ES/armor nodes as you can. Eg. I tried, but even with quite good items, I was unable to find better replacement to armor than going IR. It leaves almost all "damage" nodes unusable, as you can not afford to take them, because with limited pool of points, your survivability will be too low.

@Topic: I love create characters, gear and play them, from my friends playing aRPG I usually have the most characters and they are always fully geared. PoE is no exception. So, considering this, for me personally, there is no excitement in any new leagues, especially non-permanent ones. What is a fun with building a characters, knowing that you will have to abandon it after month?

"
kerze123 wrote:

Don't have time to waste for this mimic of trading as there is in PoE, prefer to play self-found.

EOT

Did you read what i said after that quote? anyway, i still guess u didnt played that much time, summoner builds erm.. but it's ok if u r going solo, alias the best one for this way, but keep on mind smth, unlike D3 (you really sounds like one D3 player) this game is almost fully made to play with friends, and again, u cant be played enough or otherwise u prolly knew that maps over lvl 74 is a must have full party to keep they sustain/safety
IGN:Marlboro_

Check out my shop! http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/260880
Check out my DT tank spork guide! http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/315132
Last edited by VictimOfVanity on May 28, 2013, 2:26:14 PM
How do people at GGG still think it's a good idea to make a race that lasts long than a week? May was a disaster. Worst experience I've had playing the game by far.
IGN: MyOtherRangerDied // DontBeStupidAndDieAgain // GenericSporkerWitch
https://google.com
"
liquidSG wrote:
How do people at GGG still think it's a good idea to make a race that lasts long than a week? May was a disaster. Worst experience I've had playing the game by far.

I for one had a blast, there's no need to impose your opinion on everyone else.
I'm not imposing anything on anyone, playing HC during that month was a nightmare and that was a very popular opinion held by pretty much anyone that talked into the global chat when I was online. Not that there were that many people, which was the main problem. Dividing your playerbase = stupid.
IGN: MyOtherRangerDied // DontBeStupidAndDieAgain // GenericSporkerWitch
https://google.com
I hope new leagues doesn't cause to much split in the hardcore league. The 1 month race sure did. It felt very empty at times.
Is minic a gheibhean beal oscailt diog dunta!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info