Meet your moderators!

Hey all,

As soon as I saw an early beta video of Path of Exile I knew I had fallen in love with the game. Diablo 2 was practicly my childhood. It was the first game I got for my old compaq laptop, course I was given a pirated version by my cousin so no online play for me. But just endless hours going through each act making different builds and charatcers. But eventually I moved on to other games but then I heard about Diablo 3. I was so stoked.

When Diablo 3 fianlly came out I had fun, but the feeling just wasn't there. I couldn't sit the and just have fun. So I left looking for another game and remembered seeing Path of Exile and decided to look it up and see how it was coming along. Of course the first link I clicked was accidentally the old wiki. Boy was it a mess. Around 14 pages created, and all spam. Late rthat night I got the game and decided I would help make the Path of Exile Wiki something to be proud of. Teaming up with a small rag-tag band of guys (Charan I owe you a lot) we restarted the wiki effort and look at where it is now!

A few months went by of updating the wiki and of course playing all the Path of Exile I could I was invited into alpha and accepted without hessitation. Unfortunately soon after school pulled me away with lots of hard classes that semester, but once I finally found some time to login I saw I had a message waiting for me in my inbox. It was Samantha asking if I wanted to become a moderater. How could I say no?

So here I am, if you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Pic of me too! Charan did so I just had to follow suit!
Spoiler
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to always tell the difference.
Last edited by Silva on May 20, 2013, 6:14:18 PM
Hey everyone! Glad to be accepted as a mod and I look forward to continuing to be my goofy helpful self :)

This is me.
Spoiler

A little about me. I work for the Department of Vocational Rehabilitation in Florida; I find jobs for disabled people. I also have my Masters in Underwater Archeology with a minor in Public Policy and Environmental Law. I hope some day to start searching for shipwrecks, but I enjoy my job at DVR, so that will have to wait.

I've been gaming ever since I got my Commodore Vic 20 (complete with tape drive) back in 1979. I was a GM on Everquest for two years, on both the Rallos Zek Server and the Drinal Server. Ive also been a Mod or a beta tester for countless other games including WoW, Pirates of the Burning Sea, and Star Trek Online to name a few.

I'm a hardcore gamer that has lead many top tier Guilds throughout my life, but I've kind of slowed down now. Amazing what getting older and having a "job" can do to your gaming time. I mean, I'm still young (38), but in gaming terms that's ancient.I'm a really easy going person that is always up for helping people, so if you see me in game, don't hesitate to ask me for anything.

I requested to be a mod because I love this community and I want it to continue to be a great, helpful, friendly community when beta begins. I am sort of a "Tough but Fair" mod... all I ask is for players to treat other players with respect and follow GGG's very lax rules. I am a firm believer in that rules are meant to be followed, and I hope that people can respect that. After all, without rules, we have chaos and "Barrens Chat" (shudder)

Anyway, if you want to know more about me, I'm just a whisper away. I look forward to enjoying this game with you all for a long time :)

Sonata
Game needs monkey pets.

Last edited by Sonata on Jan 11, 2013, 10:33:51 PM
Hey guys!

I'm new to the Mod team, but no where new to Path of Exile. I've been in beta for about a year and in alpha for about a month. I enjoy using both the forums and playing in game, so my moderation with in both.

I have been gaming on the computer since I was about 14, and have been hooked ever since. Im currently 23. I have learned how to do some coding a long with a BUNCH of other things. I'm currently going to school for Network Admin and Technology.

I also own/run a huge clan/community that has a a massive group that plays Path of Exile. We also have a VERY active teamspeak which we all use and play on pretty much every single day. If you're interested the IP is: ts.det0x.net

If you ever have any questions or concerns, don't be afraid to PM me.
Looking for a clan/guild? https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1889102

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/rh8FXgt
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the mod team as of today and since it was mentioned, I figure I will add my abbreviated story here.

I've been gaming about 10 years now, growing up despite my brother I preferred to read books rather than play games with him - except puzzle games, I've always been addicted to those. Fast forward and i was given a Gameboy as a joke, and that spiraled into a love of games of all kinds - yes most notably Pokemon. I then found WoW lots of years later, and it launched an all out addiction for quite a number of years. Most recently Co-GM, raid leader and trainer of new raiders for 3 years. I was co-raid leader of a 6 day a week raid schedule, participating in the recruiting and training for all the groups as well as main healing or tanking every group. Diablo 3 for free showed me I could and would enjoy new games and my dissatisfaction with the Blizzard customer service lead to finding a post about PoE and the rest is history. My subscription hasn't been renewed in months and I can safely say my addiction for WoW is broken. Although I do miss my guildies who became like a family. PoE has restored my faith in customer service in the gaming industry, glad to be a small part of the team.

A little edit to add how i got my name since i was asked about it. :) My nickname was an accident, a horribly funny but painful accident. I am very, extremely fair skinned and a red head, one summer a girl friend and i were in the pool in my backyard, i accidentally picked up her sun tan lotion instead of my sun block while talking - the sunblock turned out to be tanning bed lotion and after 5 hours in the sun I was burnt in places I didn't know existed. I turned all interesting shades of pink and red and the lotion/body wash i was using at the time was a peach smell so it stuck. I looked and smelled like a peach for weeks. Better than a lobster i guess. To this day i can't get out in the sun or extreme heat for more than an hour without feeling like i am going to pass out, it had permanent effects that haven't gone away i was burnt so bad. So everyone calls me peach or peachii now (the 2 ii's stuck because they usually aren't taken on sites whereas peach, peachy and the like are always gone). Horribly embarrassing little tale about my name there.

I've worked in retail management most of my life at a high end retail shop until getting sick with RSD and not able to work any longer. Days are spent roaming the computer and occupying myself in any amusing way to stay distracted, hence way to much time playing games and being active on the forums here. Customer service is a part of me and I immensely enjoy serving others just to be friendly and make people smile if I can.

I have a rather large family. Myself and my boyfriend along with all of our pets who are all happy and spoiled rotten...
Spoiler

Anyway, nice to meet you and feel free to PM if you need anything I can help with. :)
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Last edited by peachii on Mar 23, 2013, 6:20:39 PM
Hi everyone!

Some of you may already have heard of me from the Shadow forums, but most of you probably don't know much about the person behind the name, so here's hoping that this post will help you know me a little better :)

I have always loved playing computer games. Part of the reason for that was probably due to my having your traditionally strict asian parents who forbade me from playing computer games back when I was a kid as they deemed it a distraction from more important things.

However, the saying: "the forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest" definitely applied to me! Being rebellious by nature, I was determined to have my way and managed to get myself into trouble countless of times by going to friends' and neighbours' houses without their permission to play whatever the in thing was at that time. I think I even played truant from school a few times!

Some of the games that I have played include a 2D spaceship game called Continuum/Subspace in which I had also served as a moderator for 4 years, Warcraft 3, Dota and League of Legends. With regards to AARPG games, I never really liked them much, with the solitary playthrough of Diablo 2 and Dragon Age being about my only experience with the genre. I simply could not be bothered to play D2 and DA again the moment I finished it the first time round.

When I discovered POE, I thought the same cycle would happen: that I would complete my obligatory cycle and move on. I could not be more wrong. Everything about POE, from the skill gem system to the skildrasil to the online community drew me in, hook, line and sinker. The variety of builds that could be made gave POE something which I had never before associated with other AARPG games: replay value.

Being someone who loved the assassin/ninja style of playing, I found myself drawn to the shadow class right from the start. It was a love affair that ultimately manifested itself in the form of several guides which I made in the hope that I could share with the community my love for the shadow class and for this game in general.

I am honoured to have been made a moderator and am grateful for another avenue in which to contribute to the development of this game. Rest assured I will serve responsibly. :)

In real life, I'll be turning 25 this year and am your typical asian guy with spectacles, hailing from a tiny island called Singapore, having already served two years in the army and currently studying medicine in the UK.

The beauty and the beast

At your service,
Inva
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info